One free tank of fuel on 4 ... for free

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

One free tank of fuel on 4 ... for free

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 11:40

Win a full tank on 4 for free, without additives, miracle pills or magnets: simply driving smarter: discover Eco Driving.

Article taken from S&A Hors Serie May / June 2008

0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 23/06/08, 12:13

What to do to earn 25% when you already apply these guidelines? : Arrow: Switch to Gillier Pantone right? : Cheesy:

A few comments :
... rolling the windows open: the impact on consumption will be negligible

: Shock: :?:
ten seconds with the engine off consuming more than 10 seconds at idle

: Shock: :?:

On my old fuel oil with mechanical injection:
- No cut-off during deceleration : Arrow: I rather use the freewheel
- Obligatory preheating even with a hot engine: tare of XUD PSA that I have not seen elsewhere. It prevents me from switching off the ignition, without honking the horn behind!
: Arrow: Quickly adopt the technique of many countries: lighting the orange light before going green, which allows you to relax and anticipate ... And that will create jobs in the signaling field for a few months, it's good for the growth : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 12:19

Hey yes there are some technological "annoying" things in the article, that's also why I put it ...

The general rules are quite surprising, not to say inaccurate. I think a distinction must be made between diesel and petrol, which this article does not do.

For example for reports: on a diesel it is not at low speed that we consume the least ... but at a speed close to the maximum torque.

However, the article confirms the benefits of the regulator: https://www.econologie.com/forums/regulateur ... t5581.html

Well, I found an old subject about the regulator: https://www.econologie.com/forums/regulateur ... t1266.html
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/06/08, 13:29

Christophe thank you!

In all modesty, it's all me this thing!

I'm only missing the pantone in my crate!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/06/08, 13:32

If I understood everything about Ford's TDCI engines, the power is cut when we downshift?

Can someone please certify me?

Thank you :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Did67

by Did67 » 23/06/08, 13:44

Crispus wrote:
... rolling the windows open: the impact on consumption will be negligible

It is in comparison with the air conditioning! I think that the proposal is to drive from time to time with the windows open rather than turning the air conditioning constantly ... I think that it will save money (even if a car is more aerodynamic with the windows closed). .

This debate reminds me of the one we had on another thread of which I lost track ... We were not so bad in our proposals.

To often let me drive and observe without saying anything: I believe that in 75% of drivers, there is something to easily "scratch" a liter to the hundred!

For the others, there are two wheels, public transport, carpooling, or transcendental meditation at home ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/06/08, 13:51

Crispus wrote:
ten seconds with the engine off consuming more than 10 seconds at idle

There, the explanation is in the initial sentence, trashed in its transcription: ten seconds engine off + a restart consumes LESS only 10 seconds at idle "

In other words, if the stop lasts more than 10 seconds, it is more economical to stop the engine ... I do not see what is disturbing and which justifies questions ??? Citroëns "stop and go" (C3) offer it in automatic mode. I would just add: on condition of not pressing the accelerator when restarting (which many do - while injection engines - gasoline or fuel oil - absolutely do not need it) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 13:51

Lietseu wrote:If I understood everything about Ford's TDCI engines, the power is cut when we downshift?

Thank you :P

I confirm: on modern engines, the freewheel is no longer interesting ... at least that's what the instant consumption indicator indicates
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/06/08, 14:01

Christophe wrote:
The general rules are quite surprising, not to say inaccurate.

For example for reports: on a diesel it is not at low speed that we consume the least ... but at a speed close to the maximum torque.

1) I do not share this opinion. I have been proceeding for years "roughly" as indicated and I am clearly below the "standard" consumption of the vehicles I drive ...

I tried to teach this to my children (accompanied driving).

2) Maximum torque speed: yes, if there is needs. On a flat road, limited to 90 km / h, the maximum torque speed develops too much power, not directly "useful" to meet the desired objective (driving at a stable speed at 90 km / h). It is therefore effective to pass at a lower speed, even if it means moving away from the maximum torque (which I do not need at this time). Result: higher consumption (in 4th gear) than what is strictly necessary by moving away from the maximum torque but by limiting the speed (a jet of fuel consumed at each turn - finally 1 turn in 2 on a 4 T) to be precise) .

3) I admit that I was also very surprised when I started "playing" with my on-board computer a month ago. I arrived, with gasoline switched to LPG, to the same conclusion: not to go beyond 2000 rpm when accelerating on the flat. That is to say driving this gasoline like a "Diesel tractor" !!!! The indications of instantaneous consumption are unstoppable!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/06/08, 14:08

Lietseu wrote:If I understood everything about Ford's TDCI engines, the power is cut when we downshift?

Thank you p

I think this is true for all Diesel direct injections and even the latest TurboDiesel of the old generation (my 1996 Xantia already had a solenoid valve integrated in the pump which cut the injection when I lifted my foot. I know because she made me miserable!).

And even more surprising, also for most petrol engines (which are in fact indirect injection of petrol into the pipes - except for a few rare models with direct petrol injection into the cylinder). The carburetor has disappeared from modern petrol engines. In all these cases, it's the same thing: the calculator finds that the driver has lifted his foot and cut off the fuel injection.
0 x