One free tank of fuel on 4 ... for free

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 03/07/08, 03:07

For Targol and mychka 59, welcome to the club! (people who drive at 90!)

Still useful info in the subject explosion, detonation, that is the question! And also the one where we talk about the addition of acetone in fuels, I reported my consos in both, Capt_Malloche and I sum in testing the addition of gasoline 95 octanes in diesel, I could not do the advertised Km (but this is only part discount) in any case before tests know that on my Ford Mondéo Break 2L 115CV, I consume at 90Km / H between 4.00 and 4.20L / 100! car a ton and a half anyway! The test was carried out in spring 97 between Antwerp (Belgium) and Nancy, in fact you will quickly realize that driving slowly is: being much less tired at the finish (a study of Belgian road safety announced an economy driver's energy of around 30% !!!, tested and approved by your servant), consumed half as much as if you were driving at 130 and above all, risking a lot less accident :P and I don’t even talk about speeding tickets :D
And what does not spoil anything, have the respect of heavyweights!

On average distances, 300 to 500Km driving like a fart, it's also multiplied the risk by 2, even 3 and having to stop + often for the pee pose, inevitable when you are under tension because of stress!

Economically yours, Lietseu

In traffic jams, it is entirely possible with the experience of starting the body on ... idling, the economy is huge!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 03/07/08, 03:22

Flytox wrote:Hello Did67

On a "recent" diesel, the motorized throttle regulates the pressure in the intake manifold to make the EGR exhaust gas recirculation system more efficient.

http://fr.delphi.com/enfr/manufacturers ... rain/mvrv/

http://pboursin.club.fr/pdginj3.htm

http://fr.delphi.com/enfr/manufacturers ... ain/small/

By the way, I'm not sponsored by Delphi : Mrgreen:

Hi to you flytox, isn't the Delphy system at the origin of what Ford calls "linear response" turbos (on the first turbos, when they started up from a certain number of turns, we were stuck in the chair) which does not happen with the latest generation Ford TDCI (I do not know of other examples) the response is always very "slack" from 1000rpm, up to 4800rpm no significant difference :D heuuu, yes! ... the raging noise of the mill which "frees itself" when I feel like taking the soot out of the pot : Cheesy: (in a corner not too crowded) because I really drive like a quiet grandpa, see my consos

Brotherly greetings!
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 03/07/08, 03:32

and another glue for mechanics!

on Ford Mondéo TDCI, I noticed that if I went first to climb an access ramp in a parking lot, I don't have to push on the gas to go up! (I go first on the flat, I let myself roll and it climbs all alone (the hills) the engine "feeling" the additional load automatically rises by the number of turns necessary to climb it (100,200), the steeper it is, the better its walking!

in any case it is practical for very narrow urban parking lots, notice to amateurs 8)

Thank you for telling me if they would have tinkered with an inclinometer or if, this is managed by the engine electronics ..... (greater effort, it opens the gas, with a small teaspoon) ...

Salutations to all!
0 x

Flytox

by Flytox » 03/07/08, 23:00

Hello Lietseu
Lietseu wrote:the Delphy system, is it not at the origin of what Ford calls "linear response" turbos (on the first turbos, when they started up from a certain number of revolutions, we were stuck in the chair) which does not happen with the latest generation Ford TDCI (I do not know of other examples) the response is always very "slack" from 1000rpm, up to 4800rpm no noticeable difference

"Linear response turbos" I don't know if it's a Controlled Designation of Origin. : Mrgreen: . Finally, for the turbo to be more "linear", it must start at the lowest possible speed and not run away from a high engine speed. From what I understand, this is a big compromise, a "small" turbo to "start" well at low revs, and not too small because it is supposed to add horsepower to the engine as well (without doing of the competition).

To improve the performance of the turbo, when it works "at low speed" it is better to valve its air intake with various flaps or butterfly. This prevents too much drop in the speed of the turbo by unnecessarily absorbing power on its shaft and the response will be all the more instantaneous for acceleration. Indeed the turbo is already launched. This system has been around for ages in aeronautics.

Thank you for telling me if they would have tinkered with an inclinometer or if, this is managed by the engine electronics ..... (greater effort, it opens the gas, with a small teaspoon) ...

Inclinometer may not be, but regulating the idle speed is possible. The engine must know how to react to load variations at idle and, among other things, to the connection of air conditioning and other energy-hungry accessories without stalling.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Did67

by Did67 » 04/07/08, 21:55

Targol wrote:
In short, if I have no information that tempers this test by doubts about the longevity of the engine by running it always at low speed (between 1500 and 2000RPM), I will definitely change my way of driving to drive even more Grandpa !!!

1) Hat. There, I am beaten completely !!!

2) I think if you don't make your engine work, there should be no problem. I have a memory of having seen a Mercedes Diesel on a generator whose hour meter displayed I do not know how many thousands of hours. I only remember that if he had animated a vehicle traveling at 60 km / h on average, that corresponded to 3 million km! Speed: 1500 constant rpm (corresponding to 50 Hz for the current). Well, it was a Mercedes, old generation (long before HDI!).

3) This ties in with the observation that I made, even with my C5 with LPG: you have to drive at a much lower speed than you think.

4) It still offers everyone a perspective other than just complaining against the government or campaigning for a reduction in taxes!

5) Of course, you have to be able to control a certain number of impulses inherent in driving a car, this kind of sickly expression of virility in the screeching of tires ... which also explains all the erect fingers. Not given to everyone. Must already have done a little cleaning in his head ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 04/07/08, 22:43

Lietseu wrote: Capt_Malloche and I are testing the addition of gasoline 95 octanes in diesel, I could not do the advertised Km (but this is only part discount) in any case before tests know that on my Ford Mondéo Break 2L 115CV, I consume at 90Km / H between 4.00 and 4.20L / 100! car a ton and a half anyway! The test was carried out in spring 97 between Antwerp (Belgium) and Nancy

EH a single L in Maloche stp : Cheesy:
Do you consume 4.2L / 100 with a mondéo? you would not have repeated the test since 97?
What was your consumption on the last tank?
I would be curious to see what will add 95% SP5 to you

On my clio, at 10%, I gained a little on consumption (3 to 5%) but above all, enormously on particles, around 4 times less than with ultimate
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 05/07/08, 01:24

[quote = "Flytox"] Hello Lietseu
[quote = "Lietseu"]
the Delphy system, is it not at the origin of what Ford calls "linear response" turbos

No, I think he is talking about geometry or variable pitch and "wide range of use" (like the propellers of an airplane?) In any case it is very pleasant as a machine.

Greetings to you the artist and good luck

:D Some people wear Superman pajamas ... Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas :D
0 x

Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 05/07/08, 01:45

EH a single L in Maloche stp : Cheesy:
Do you consume 4.2L / 100 with a mondéo? you would not have repeated the test since 97?
What was your consumption on the last tank?
I would be curious to see what will add 95% SP5 to you

On my clio, at 10%, I gained a little on consumption (3 to 5%) but above all, enormously on particles, around 4 times less than with ultimate

Sorry, Captain Maloche (walnuts are more common among captains, Mille Sabords!) Yes, it's not a joke! yes, I did the test again (but the first step in 97, I have only had the car for 4 years!), but shorter, on 50Km (when the consumption is too high, because of the journeys in town) I start driving at 90 constant to visit my brother who lives in Louvain-la-Neuve and very often despite the 302km of town, I manage to fall back to 5.2 on the way back! anyway if when driving, at 90, I reset the consumption to zero, well it is very quickly fixed at 4.00 or 4.2l / 100

In principle, if the weather (and my back) allows it, tomorrow I will make the journey, starting from the current 8.0L / 100 and I tell you what on the return from the journey! ....
but in fact, she is a little more nervous, in fact coming out of a turn at 50KM / H, I was surprised by the vigor she showed to return to 70!

Greetings from Lietseu

:D Chuck Norris frequently donates blood to the Red Cross. But never his own ... :D
0 x

Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/07/08, 14:40

Not included, a shot 4, a shot 8l / 100

What measures do you use? do not use the on-board computer
you have to do your measurement from full to full
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/07/08, 16:33

Until recently, I always compared the consumption of the computer, with the "real" consumption there is no difference which warrants concern!
But here, since there is a modification of the contents of the tank, I will make the calculations it is obvious! 8)

Stuck at home, because of my back pain, I have to throw in the towel and postpone long trips to + later, but you (and everyone) will have the results, promised, sworn!

Economically Yours, Lietseu
0 x