One free tank of fuel on 4 ... for free

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/08, 16:58

Average Effective Pressure (on the piston head) is a value which gives the performance of the engine at once.

I believe that an F1 has an SME around 13 to 14 bars. A car from Mr Everyone 5 to 6.

To confirm.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/06/08, 18:14

And the EGR is a valve that passes some of the exhaust gases back into the engine's air intake.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 27/06/08, 22:08

Hello
OK for old "gasoline".

On modern gasoline engines (well a lot, the majority?), There is no longer any carburetor, nor "butterfly"; gasoline is injected into the intake pipes ("multipoint injection") which are always open "fully".

all the injection engines have a butterfly whether it is multipoint or monopoint. At least all those that I saw in America.
There is a TPS potentiometer which measures the opening of the butterfly
the old engine the turbo pulled through the carburetor
the multipoints it pushes in the air tubing,
Normally turbo engines have a lower compression rate than atmospheric engines.

Andre
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/06/08, 11:01

Andre wrote:all injection engines have a throttle whether it is multipoint or single point.

Yes Yes. You are right.

I am rediscovering "gasoline" engines (I only had Diesels for 30 years, after my legendary 2 CV). I now opt for LPG because of the harmfulness of the particles ... while waiting for something better.

I only saw one step of the disassembly to install the sequential injection of LPG. Once reassembled, everything is "designed" and hidden under plastics to keep things clean ...

Well, that's not reason enough to write bullshit, I admit it!

So a question comes to me: why is a Diesel engine regulated by fuel injection alone (free air intake) and not "multipoint" petrol? And so also: why not research to improve the output by adding a turbo (if we could remove the throttle)?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/08, 11:09

Some (rare) diesel have (at least had) also butterflies ... I don't know exactly pkoi
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/06/08, 11:54

Hello Did67

On a "recent" diesel, the motorized throttle regulates the pressure in the intake manifold to make the EGR exhaust gas recirculation system more efficient.

http://fr.delphi.com/enfr/manufacturers ... rain/mvrv/

http://pboursin.club.fr/pdginj3.htm

http://fr.delphi.com/enfr/manufacturers ... ain/small/

By the way, I'm not sponsored by Delphi : Mrgreen:

For Capt_Maloche

If this throttle is flown, the EGR system is not as rustic as you seemed to think it was on some cars at least. There must be a way to control it not for perfos but to limit nuisance and other consumption. In the same way, in this same article, they speak of a piloting of the EGR valve "continuously variable", it is not an all or nothing as one could see it on a certain number of cars.

Performance benefits

Delphi diesel exhaust gas recirculation electronic valves have a robust design to reduce carbon contamination (coking), which can seriously affect the operation of the needle. Their opening and closing force also minimizes the impact of carbon contamination. The rapid opening and closing response allows manufacturers to meet control requirements, while low internal and external leaks minimize exhaust emissions and allow precise engine calibration in efficient packaging and good value for money.

Delphi recognizes that one of the most effective ways to reduce NOx emissions from a gasoline engine is to reduce cylinder temperatures. This can be done very effectively by limiting the amount of oxygen in the combustion chamber. Thus, Delphi's EGR valves re-circulate controlled amounts of inert gasses into the intake system where they mix with incoming air. This results in a decrease in the combustion temperature below the level at which NOx is formed.

The amount of gas recirculated in the combustion chamber depends on the operating conditions, but the valves continuously variable gas recirculation Delphi exhaust allow:

• High exhaust gas recirculation rate for speed regulation and medium range operation
• Low exhaust gas recirculation flow for low engine speed and light load conditions
• No exhaust gas recirculation flow when starting the engine, idling, and at full throttle

Delphi can support a wide range of requirements for a diesel exhaust recirculation program worldwide through its engineering sites in Rochester, New York, USA; at Bascharge, Luxembourg; and in Daegu, Korea.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/06/08, 14:19

So a question comes to me: why is a Diesel engine regulated by fuel injection alone (free air intake) and not "multipoint" petrol? And so also: why not research to improve the output by adding a turbo (if we could remove the throttle)?

in a diesel the compression ratio is sufficient to burn the diesel as soon as it is injected into the compressed and hot air, regardless of the amount of 0 at most

in an essence it is the candle that lights: if the wealth is not good it does not burn at all: if we reduced the gas flow without also reducing the air flow: it will not burn at all, and the injected petrol would come out through the exhaust

so the butterfly controls the air flow and the injection system puts in the right amount of gasoline

the big fault of the gasoline engine is that when we reduce the power, it also reduces the compression pressure therefore reduces the performance: unlike diesel which always has full flow therefore always the same compression therefore a good performance even at low power
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/06/08, 18:57

chatelot16 wrote:in an essence it is the candle that lights: if the wealth is not good it does not burn at all: if we reduced the gas flow without also reducing the air flow: it will not burn at all, and the injected petrol would come out through the exhaust

so the butterfly controls the air flow and the injection system puts in the right amount of gasoline
ce

Logic.

Thank you very much, I learned something!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 03/07/08, 00:42

Well, to return more specifically to the subject, I did the test on the 88 km that separate the petrol station next to my home from my mother-in-law's.
The results are beyond my expectations !!! : Shock:
Me who drives quite grandpa in normal times, I went (in consumption calculated by the computer) from a consumption of 4,3l / 100Km to ... 3,5l / 100Km : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

I describe the test more precisely:
: Arrow: Logan Dci 1,5Dci85 with 4 people on board (including 2 children - one 10 years old, one 4 years old).
: Arrow: outside temperature between 25 and 30 degrees (therefore hot). Clim never started (it's against my religion : Cheesy: ) but driver's window open on at least 80% of the route.
: Arrow: Hilly route on departmental interspersed with villages.
: Arrow: speed limits systematically observed.
: Arrow: lap count limit at 2000Tr / min (except for cases of overshoot). Not easy to hold. It requires on the Lolo to pass the 2nd at 20Km / h, the 3rd at 35, the 4th at 50 and the 5th at 70Km / h. The maximum speed in 5th gear at 2000 rpm is 90 km / h counter or, with a ladle, 85 km / h real.
: Arrow: In fact, to really succeed, it requires playing only with the first 2 cm of travel of the accelerator pedal. Admittedly, the accelerations become sluggish and the speed drops in the climbs, but, in the end, we did not notice any noticeable difference in travel time .... on the other hand, at the consumption level, it is REALLY NOTABLE.

In short, if I have no information that tempers this test by doubts about the longevity of the engine by running it always at low speed (between 1500 and 2000RPM), I will definitely change my way of driving to drive even more Grandpa !!!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
mychka59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mychka59 » 03/07/08, 01:34

Thank you for this great info! All followers of eco driving!

But one question torments me ... If this is so beneficial, why is it still so little known? All drivers should jump on it right? (expression pictured of course) that :D

Apart from the eco-citizen aspect, of course, we hear them both complaining about an increase in the price of oil that all these small gestures could greatly improve their daily lives, right?
0 x