A Motorcycle Technical Inspection for soon? (thank you Europe)

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 31/07/12, 17:40

plasmanu wrote:The noise problem is controversial.
There is noise and noise.
When you have been cut off the road 20 times, because you arrive cushy in the original pot (well felted): you think about making yourself heard.
There are some who fall apart without flashing lights, without looking, without glancing at the retro ...

I know: I got it too ...

plasmanu wrote:The day we make a little noise (it is relative) even the car in front lines up to let pass and is entitled to his thank you (with the foot).

From experience, it's not the noise that changes it:
My previous motorcycle was fitted with noisy pots by the predecessor and, as said above, I was entitled to a change of wire ...

Unless you make the sound of a truck horn all the time, I don't think that the noise changes anything: people don't pay attention to anything, just as busy as they are on the radio or the phone ...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 31/07/12, 17:50

that if. My fire XS 750 3cylindres with 3in1 free exhaust Devil put 3 cars away at once with a gas blow. A sound of V6: happiness.
Purchased with a month's pay from the military.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 31/07/12, 18:44

Woodcutter wrote:
yannko wrote:[...]
On light planes, we take full the regulatory level face (noise, etc ...), I find it normal that everyone participates in its scale. I am against the sale of tuning pots, the road is neither a cross country, nor a circuit, the noise in the city is already largely unbearable. [...]
Hi Yannko,

since you mentioned it, how is it that the tourist planes make so much confusion? Do they have very high tolerated noise levels?

Over here, there are two mountain aerodromes 1 km away and the days when guys come to do landing and takeoff exercises for a whole afternoon, it takes almost as much cabbage as a flock of HD on the run. ..

Hi Bucheron!

You are right, and I see several reasons for this.

In takeoff and climb phase, we are usually full pot, especially in the mountains, as is the case with you (need to climb to avoid obstacles). The propeller turns quickly, the engine too (between 2500 and 3000 rpm on our antique engines, with 4 to 8 liters of displacement roughly), it knocks hard.

Often the exhaust boils down to an exhaust pipe, sometimes there is a silencer, but if it is poorly tuned, it is worse than anything else (Andre would say much more than me at this level). It can also eat on performances that are sometimes fair (on an 85/110/120 horsepower, it can make the difference perhaps, especially in the mountains, but I'm in the supposition).

The parts to be certified, they are overpriced, so adding a certified silencer is almost out of the question for most clubs / owners (certainly counting several thousand Euros). On ULM, we are a little more free. Rotax does not generally make excessive noise.

In cruising, at reduced speed, it becomes relatively silent, you hardly hear a single engine passing in general. It is really especially in the phases where all the power is necessary, in addition the propeller adds a good number of decibels.

On built-up areas, strict rules are in place (minimum altitudes, prohibited areas, etc.), local residents are waging a real war in France against light aviation, and many aerodromes are closing under pressure (associated with political reasons, that gives us cases like Toussus-le-Noble, etc ...). This is a good reason to sell the land (very often historic) to developers, build expensive residences or offices, which will never be occupied, and buy a fortune from the municipalities. There are unfortunately many examples.

It is a pity that residents and pilots do not agree. There are ways, two sides: do not build 20 m from the tracks, and equip the zincs in silence. The case of Toussus is quite eloquent, people have built up to the edge of the runway, and are now asking for the closure of the aerodrome because of the noise ... As if by chance, this kind of case is not seen with highways.

Here too, as we discussed with another pilot, after the departure of the Soviets, people started to drift, as soon as light aviation replaced the military, on the local runways. Before, no complaints or criticisms ... :D

I admit that the guys who do aerobatics in Cap 10 for 6 hours straight give me more than a headache and the desire to shoot them with a rifle, despite our shared passion (finally I take aviation as a great means of transport / pleasure of flying, not for mechanical pleasure as it would be on the circuit). You have to find a compromise with everything, and in this world of egoists / individualists, it's difficult : Mrgreen:.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 31/07/12, 20:19

plasmanu wrote:that if. My fire XS 750 3cylindres with 3in1 free exhaust Devil had 3 cars put away at once with a gas shot. A V6 sound: happiness.
Purchased with a month's pay from the military.
: Shock:
Have you ever been shot in the city at 1am? :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 31/07/12, 20:45

I have 3 cities 180 km apart each.
lyon montpellier grenoble.
it is garigue here with cicadas and holm oaks and goats.

but old drunk alcoholics are already trying to kill me at these late hours with their hunter cars: the one where we put the dog behind. the passenger side rifle. and roll my chicken (or the autopilot is driving).
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 01/08/12, 06:46

Small forgotten detail:
The "motorcycle" category also includes carts, quad bikes, and other small things ...
There, it is true, there should be controls.
As for motorcycles, if I look at the bikes for sale on the internet, often we notice that they are well maintained. (logic, it's a matter of life and death, more exactly, an accident leads to serious injuries faster)
As for the control of the pots, just change it right after the control : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 01/08/12, 09:08

plasmanu wrote:that if. My fire XS 750 3cylindres with 3in1 free exhaust Devil had 3 cars stored at once gas hit.A sound of V6: happiness.

So you confirm that no one can hear you until you put your gas on.
Except a gas boost with any pot, it moves people.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 01/08/12, 09:21

the devil was recognized in 1978.
I bought in 1997. (the bike)
I guess there was little glass wool left in it.
it plastered at 7000tours like a twin.a 4000 already ca sang loudly.
later that same pot ended up on my teneré 600xt
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."