A Motorcycle Technical Inspection for soon? (thank you Europe)

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 20/06/11, 14:13

it forces you to go to one center, so prices can soar if the manager decides

I find it very average

but that has an advantage: 80 terminals the engine is very hot for CT ^^
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/06/11, 14:28

As for quads .... They will escape the CT legislation since they are light quadricycles (cart) ... Already having observed them during a recent TT outing there is almost a third that circulate (the noisiest for that matter) which are not approved ... and for me ... Another good third party who has nothing to do on public roads (uselessness and dangerousness of the operation without differential) ... I sleep with an ear 3 meters from a street in a relatively quiet village without double glazing with just a laurel hedge ... I can guarantee you that all these noisy bastards of vehicles they come out through my eyes ... Me also finding in a hairpin bend..I take this opportunity to pass a message to the users of unloaded load vans who come to hit the sideboards or sheets ... Thank you for investing in straps : Mrgreen:

The harley has two o'clock in the morning at the end of the pin ... I can guarantee that there's only one word that comes to mind: Homicide
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/11, 14:37

Napo dwarf wrote:it forces you to go to one center, so prices can soar if the manager decides

I find it very average

The CT was never made for the interest of the client's wallet !! On the contrary ... the interest is above all to force the renewal of the car park ... pollution or safety are the "excuses" ...

In Belgium for car it is 31 € each year, and I believe that it is monopolized (at least by region). I just had one, there are about 30-40 minutes of checks (list above). In France, there is much more competition it seems to me, how much does it cost?

In any case, I think that, in terms of scale, the motorcycle CT will be much more expensive than the car one even if the tests are the same ... (except subsidies or state aid ...)

And don't forget that motorcycles are considered passion in 90% of cases ... so you can't pay for your passion, you don't do it anymore. They will not hesitate to grease, I predict a price of 50 to 80 € ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/06/11, 14:41

Napo dwarf wrote:it forces you to go to one center, so prices can soar if the manager decides

I find it very average

but that has an advantage: 80 terminals the engine is very hot for CT ^^

80 terminals with the 125DTLC in Mamita : Mrgreen: It's more than she does for the rest of the year : Cheesy:

No need for a power bench. Cynemometer and maximum speed manufacturer or legal (for the 50 and 80CC) and basta..This fits in a pickup truck ...

Control, condition, size, condition, and pneumatic load index, identification (CG, frame number) Visual of the engine match (displacement)
Auto CT centers only ask to invest in equipment to control becanes ...

Very often just with the CG manufacturer's database, you can remove all DIY vehicles from circulation ...
The mob has Minimacro it has a plate with all the identification numbers and marks of the parts important for its conformity .. (that said even with all these parts it spits fire)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/06/11, 14:48

Frouzie CT auto 60 € for 2 years of validity (6 months for the sale).
I choose to go to a picky place (more commonly called an asshole) so that I don't feel like screwing my money up in the air ... But hey, it's quite rare that it happens find something that I did not at least suspect the existence of ... And even when I put the box to him I ask him to control it well because it pains me this bone or this cogn cogn in the holes ... : Cheesy: I drive with end-of-life vehicles so if a CT can possibly extend mine : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/07/12, 11:58

The question comes back ...

Why oppose motorcycle technical control

The recent proposal by the European Commission to generalize the measure to all vehicles has put motorcycle technical inspection (MOT) back on the media scene. But even among bikers, opposition to the TC is not unanimous. For the FFMC it is however necessary to oppose a “no! Categorical. Here are his main arguments.

Much ink has been spilled since July 12 and the discovery of the European Commission's proposal to generalize technical inspection to all land motor vehicles. But just browse through forums and the comments on websites (starting with motomag.com) to realize this: even among bikers, the reasons for opposing the technical control of motorcycles are not obvious to everyone.

Some, believing they see the benefits of TB for cars, see it as an effective way to improve road safety. The fight against noise or pollution also seems a good argument for those who do not see TB as such a bad thing. Others seem persuaded that this would make it possible to clean up the fleet of motorized two-wheelers, which is however not so unhealthy, thus joining the security thesis. Noting that the motorcycle CT already exists in some of our European neighbors, users also believe that there is no reason why those who are not yet subject to it should escape it. Arguments swept aside by the French Federation of Angry Bikers (FFMC).

Against the motorcycle TC, the main arguments of the FFMC

- Studies of CT chains are not credible (Editor's note: according to these chains, a mysterious study would conclude that 7% of motorcycle accidents are due to a technical failure), there are no new figures to contradict the study the most serious on the subject (MAIDS) and its 0,7% of potential technical failure. And all the reliable and common sense figures, including insurers and experts in the matter, who know that behavior is THE cause of accidents.

- It is not because a vehicle presents, during an after-the-fact assessment, a failure with respect to a precise point of the CT that it was THE cause of the accident (for example a blown rear bulb makes count the vehicle as faulty… even if the crash is a head-on collision).

- The countries with the best accident rates, in particular two-wheelers (for example Holland and Finland), do not have a TC.

- This is a new discriminatory measure: those who cannot afford to change vehicles regularly will be those who will be charged the most checks (every year from the 7th year!), While it it is not proven that they are more involved in accidents.

- In general, NO study has ever succeeded in proving that TCs, cars or motorcycles, had an impact on accidents. They let less old stuff roll, yes, but it is not necessarily old vehicles that have accidents, on the contrary even in the case of two-wheelers.

- Even the environmental argument is not enough: pushing people to renew their vehicle may be good for trade, but the overall ecological balance is negative by destroying a depreciated vehicle to replace it with a new one, even if it pollutes a little less in operation than the old one.

Grégoire Acerra - 26/07/2012

http://www.motomag.com/Pourquoi-s-oppos ... nique-moto
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 29/07/12, 12:44

It is shameful.
From scrap to breakage. The money factory.
Every biker is much more vigilant than a cashier. Because he constantly anticipates.
The bike is always as light as possible: it is to consume less and more responsiveness. except bmw and harley where it is not the goal.
No frills and other useless technological gadgets.
Any problem is immediately disabling / problematic : Cheesy:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/07/12, 09:55

Occasional biker (now that the age of reason catches me) and cashier rolling windows open ... I can guarantee that the smell of exhaust gas from many two wheels there would be refusal to pollution .. .It smells like unburned full nose ... The guys who tinkered with their bikes with AAC compet dynojet kits, filter horns and other fashionable bikers without ever checking what they reject (and complain about the price of liter of SP98 while balancing 2/3 of it through the outlet pipes) well deserved a small traffic ban ...

Personally what bothers me most now is the noise ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/07/12, 22:14

Like Macro!

Just for the respect (?) Of noise standards, I think it's a good thing ...

The FFMC's argument bothers me on several points:
- of course that the studies commissioned by the CT pharmacies are favorable to them, you have to be naive to think otherwise;
- "discriminatory measure" ... well let's see! If the rider is virtuous and maintains his vehicle, what difficulties would he have in having his MOT? And in addition, it seems to me that the maintenance of a motorcycle is still less expensive than that of a 4-wheel machine, right?
- the reasoning on the environmental side is biased => we will not require an old vehicle to meet recent standards, and, still in the case of careful maintenance, I do not see why said vehicle would not meet its standards original?
- for the rest (no fault-accident relationship, and CT-accidentality) I don't see where the problem is? If the CT makes it possible to skim the "supernatant" of rolling rots, it has its interest ...
If it helps limit ear breakers, that's fine! 8)

I tend to think that the FFMC knows very well that a significant number of motorcycles do not correspond, or more, to their legal homologation ... (and I speak from experience :? ).
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 31/07/12, 06:57

Hi Bucheron, : Cheesy:
There will also be a technical inspection for certain trailers (more than X kg)
It's good too.
The problem is that we are already paying a very heavy tax package right now.
It will be two more
:D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."