Vélib bike almost self-service in Paris

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Vélib bike almost self-service in Paris

by Christophe » 15/07/07, 23:53

The city of Paris has 370 km of cycle paths. The service called Vélib ', the self-service bicycle, was launched today in Paris. 750 stations spread across the capital, ten of which around each station offer 10 bicycles. Gwenaëlle Joffre, communications manager at the Paris city hall who oversees the project, stressed: "We hope that car use will decrease and that people will choose to take a bicycle or the bus."

Jérôme Fenez from the Vélocité association! which militates for an increased use of the bicycle in the city indicated: "Numerically, one will considerably increase the place of the bicycle in the city. At the end of 2007, the number of bicycles and stations should be doubled. But 10 bicycles, it is 600 10 possible accidents Remember the fatal collision that occurred last week near Place de la République where a 600-year-old cyclist was run over by a 25-tonne bike. in place. I have the impression that the people who design the bicycle lanes are not users themselves. " The association "Better move by bicycle" (MDB), founded in 15 and bringing together 1974 members, presents itself as the largest association of urban cyclists in France: it is curious "about the evolution of cycling in Paris with the launch By throwing around 600 more cyclists into the streets, this will bring out the gaps in terms of development and communication. "

Self-service biking already exists in Lyon and others are in the pipeline, such as Aix-en-Provence and Mulhouse. According to the National Cycle Professions Council, France is the 4th country in the world for bicycle consumption (5,7 bikes per 100 inhabitants) after Japan, the Netherlands and the United States. In 2006, the French bought more than 3,5 million cycles.

Find all the information on the official Vélib 'website: www.velib.paris.fr

Source: http://ecologie.caradisiac.com/Velib-c- ... -route-732

ps: heard on JT that the annual cost of maintenance per bike was ... € 2500 !! : Shock: : Shock:
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 07 / 07, 10: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/07/07, 01:17

Here is what Engine Nature thinks (which reveals its real motivations ... at least in part: the car at all costs : Evil: ):

Vélib, the progress of the regression (all is said):

http://www.econologique.info/index.php/ ... rnaturecom
0 x
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 16/07/07, 09:09

: Evil: 10000 people who ride a bike is always taken .......... hope that there will be more next year
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/07/07, 09:24

Yes again, the 10 bikes must be used. Finally I suppose that the town hall has correctly calculated its move (or cost at choice :D ).

Do not prevent the 2500 € * annual maintenance (therefore publicly funded at least in part since I doubt that on average each bike is more than 2500h (prices less than 1h = 1 €, a little more = 3 € see http://www.paris.fr/portail/viewmultime ... t-id=29728 ) operating a year, almost 7 hours a day, well I could be wrong) leave me perplexed ...

The annual cost of 100 bikes is the sum it would take to make a serious and final study on the pantone ... and there are 100 times more !!

* under cover of confirmation of this figure broadcast on FR3
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/07/07, 11:31

The € 2500 annual maintenance is rubbish! I do a lot of mountain biking in high doses (the equipment suffers) and it doesn't cost that at all! Or they confused with the amortization of the bike + terminals + others over a year ... :frown:

Regarding Motor-Nature, they have generally interesting articles, but the editor "Laurent J. MASSON" has a problem with the bikes, I don't know why? He likens them to a social regression perhaps ... :|
The problem is that you can't even tell him, there is no forum accessible on MN ... :?

Regarding Vélib, it's a very good thing and it works, you just have to see the example of Vélov in Lyon (it's the same thing).

For the funding there is nothing public since it is JCDecaux who takes care of everything (in return for a very interesting contract for public space ...)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/07/07, 11:45

Woodcutter wrote:The € 2500 annual maintenance is rubbish! I do a lot of mountain biking in high doses (the equipment suffers) and it doesn't cost that at all! Or they confused with the amortization of the bike + terminals + others over a year ... :frown:

Yes, I think so too...

Woodcutter wrote:For the funding there is nothing public since it is JCDecaux who takes care of everything (in return for a very interesting contract for public space ...)

All? Ben already not the communication since it is the town hall of Paris which launched the thing and the official site is a sub site of the site Paris.fr ... therefore no I am not sure that it is 100% private. Except maybe later in terms of operation?

Otherwise annoying thing, I proposed this idea (self-financing of public bicycles in self-service by pub) to the city of Strasbourg in 1999 (during the study: https://www.econologie.com/les-transport ... es-27.html ), they gave me clearly sent over the roses (to stay polite) ... Pfff it's hard to be right too early : Evil: or rather : Mrgreen:

But the WORST is that a few months later a company offered to PAY to display advertising on your car provided that you travel a lot in the CITY !! In other words: you travel for free (or almost according to the formulas) with your car in town!

Apparently the idea has not taken too much and that's good.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/07/07, 12:28

Christophe wrote:[...] therefore no I am not sure that it is 100% private. Except maybe later in terms of operation? [...]
Purchase and maintenance of bicycles (which come from Lapierre), construction of terminals and payment systems.

After by cons, the town hall must move the ass to further improve the bike paths if it wants to continue the system.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 16/07/07, 14:17

Ben Motor Nature by definition has a pointless purpose from the start: clean car and respectful of nature is strictly impossible. It is by definition an antithesis. So it is normal that this brave MN does not like these velib 'which highlight the emptiness of the myth of the clean car that he maintains with energy.

Finally, I would like to have more hands to applaud!
Finally, finally, finally !! Another small step towards the future !!

For jc Decaux, I also think that it is all their responsibility (except the roads and maybe the comm ') since it is by definition their business model, as for the bus stops.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 16/07/07, 20:41

Rulian wrote:Ben Motor Nature by definition has a pointless purpose from the start: clean car and respectful of nature is strictly impossible. [...]
Mmmmhhh ... : roll: Always as open, as I see ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/07/07, 20:52

Well, he's not entirely wrong ... he's even right in the current state of technology and let's say for the next 20 years.

Currently the manufacturers are making a lot of efforts to deceive the public with the car "clean for hydrogen" ... without ever making an overall assessment ... on the other hand, development of an engine using pure vegetable oil (or other biofuel in cycle short) is the dotted zero! It is not a coincidence...
0 x