Vélib bike almost self-service in Paris

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/07, 10:19

ps: here is the strasbourg cycle map (note that this is heavy as a 10 MB file for 2 pdf pages)
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 17/07/07, 11:53

Christophe wrote:Sorry Rulian but I find that the map of Parisian cycle paths is quite ridiculous ... (in the sense of quantity).

Do not be sorry. I only put this link to add material to the debate.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/07, 12:08

You misspoke : Oops: sorry again : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/07/07, 01:26

Christophe wrote:[...] not the Parisian method which consists in simply making a delimitation on the main roadway, [...]
Nothing to do with a Parisian method, it is used everywhere where we want to "make the cycle lane" but we do not put the means behind ...

I am fairly divided on these cycle lanes, but I think it is better than nothing at all (at least the cars know that we exist !!! : Shock: ) and sometimes there is simply no room to do anything else ... (outside of a major road renovation, of course)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/07/07, 01:28

Rulian wrote:@ Bucheron: what I said on Motor Nature is only mine. But the more it goes, the more I myself share my own opinion on this question : Mrgreen: Sorry if I seem "closed" to you. Anyway, we're here to talk about cycling. [...]
It's your anti-car fundamentalism that annoys me somewhat ... :|
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/07/07, 01:30

Christophe wrote:[...] This state of affairs is undoubtedly linked to pro-Parisian conservatism ...
: Shock: You should go and say that to those who howl to death at every step of Delanoë, it will reassure them ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/07, 01:34

Woodcutter wrote: cycle lanes

Here is a good term to distinguish them from "real" cycle paths

Woodcutter wrote: You should go and say that to those who howl to death at every step of Delanoë, it will reassure them ...

Precisely not all truths are good to hear ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 18/07/07, 10:32

Woodcutter wrote:
Rulian wrote:@ Bucheron: what I said on Motor Nature is only mine. But the more it goes, the more I myself share my own opinion on this question : Mrgreen: Sorry if I seem "closed" to you. Anyway, we're here to talk about cycling. [...]
It's your anti-car fundamentalism that annoys me somewhat ... :|

It is a matter of conviction: I firmly believe that Mr. Toutlemonde's automobile has no long-term future. In the same way that I am convinced that the sun will never be blue with pink weights, although I would find that charming. It is not a question of opinion but of perception of things. Sorry if it seems fundamentalist, but we don't choose the color we see the sun.

Anyway ...

PS: If you want us to feed this troll together, trollons by MP.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/07, 12:35

0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/07/07, 00:33

I don't like trolling by MP, the troll is only of interest if it is public ... : Lol:

What I find very limited in your words is to say (in summary): "MN only tells bullshit"... just because you perceive that VP has no future ...
Wouldn't you think of yourself as the center of the world sometimes? : Mrgreen: : Wink:

Regarding Vélib ':
http://ecologie.caradisiac.com/Velib-ga ... -grain-535
0 x