TGV to 540 km / h

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

TGV to 540 km / h

by hug » 15/12/06, 14:41

TGV to 540 km / h
http://www.lefigaro.fr/eco/20061215.FIG ... e_tgv.html

If the trains are getting faster and faster, will we be able to train by train at 350/400 km / h and thus avoid the plane to cross France and Europe?
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 15/12/06, 14:44

by plane the cruising speed and generally 800 km / h so it is not for now that the train will take over. already that we are one of the countries where the train goes the fastest on average, if you go to Germany you will see the difference. c soft, sniff.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Christophe

Re: TGV at 540 km / h

by Christophe » 15/12/06, 14:45

hug wrote:and thus avoid the plane to cross France?

No comment... :|
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 15/12/06, 16:16

For the plane, it takes + 1 hour before takeoff, same as after, so on small trips, the train is competitive: departure in the city center, arrival on the platform 10 minutes before departure.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 15/12/06, 16:42

Hello
antoinet111 wrote:by plane the cruising speed and generally 800 km / h so it is not for now that the train will take over. already that we are one of the countries where the train goes the fastest on average, if you go to Germany you will see the difference. c soft, sniff.

For short trips of 400km the plane is not ideal
A turbopro maybe, but a jet? it goes up and does not even reach its cruising height that it goes down.
The boarding takes a long time (security then controls the taxiing on the tarmac the climb (to fly at 800kmh you have to climb high and followed by the long descent the approach circuits
Landing and another check if we change country
not to mention that airports are far from cities.

For smaller planes there is the weather factor,
Even with a small plane a trip of 200km it takes almost as long as a car, first before leaving with a plane there is a whole preparation which takes 20 minutes before taking off (inspection check the oil level put on fuel, warm the engine and respect the instructions of the tower. Then take off the same principle for landing, there is an approach procedure you do not enter directly into an airport. You are far from the city, and on foot. (the weather must not deteriorate or the return can be made a few days later) Some fishermen wait 4 to 5 days for the seaplane that landed them to come back to get them, they have time to diet trout and lake water ..

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/12/06, 19:56

André said:

Some fishermen wait 4 to 5 days for the seaplane that lands them to come back to get them, they have time to make a diet with trout and lake water.

You're right, André, the trout, still passes, but the lake water! We must find a solution ! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other

by Other » 16/12/06, 01:40

Hello (we are moving away from the subject)
You're right, André, the trout, still passes, but the lake water! We must find a solution !

There is an inspection hatch in each float that also serves as a luggage compartment and there is only room for a case of beer in each, as we are limited in weight we must know if it is better to take food, and survival supplies, or beer.

Going back to the TGV topic
this is what limits the speed of the train the holding on the rails, the banked turns, the aerodynamic noise, the high voltage current outlet must generate all a hard friction on the wire of the catener, I do not know the climatic conditions on the tracks but a snowfall as we receive here it must be hard to manage with these trains? (a freight train fitted with a snowplow it is impressive to see pass after a good accumulation)

In Canada we are very far back with our diesel trains, it is however not the current that is lacking, but the desire that is lacking to put the electric propulsion trains, for the speeds I dare not even say the figures of our passenger trains.

Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 16/12/06, 07:05

Andre wrote:
Going back to the TGV topic
what limits the train speed

Hello

it's the outlet, the contact between the pantograph and the cable makes waves and past a certain speed it breaks everything.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 16/12/06, 11:06

Each problem has its own problems :).

When you send a train at 300 an hour, you have to be sure that the track is clear and ready to receive the bomb that arrives. No Caribou on the track, no pestles fallen across.

Speaking of TGV, the first high speed trains, it should not be forgotten, were developed by the Japanese, Shikansen .. always a train ahead these jap's

The solution of a lighter infrastructure with trains taking their energy reserve is not too bad, but good to see.

In terms of train speed against planes. Everything should be taken into account and divided by the number of km traveled.
0 x
jlvx
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ah this TGV !!!

by jlvx » 16/12/06, 19:28

Hi,

another TGV who thinks he's a plane (without wings)
How many shovelfuls of atoms, hooked or not, or rather (nium) of long-lived waste will it take to "cross" at 540 km / h?
At this train : Mrgreen: better to connect big cities directly (and long live the public service))
Ah yes, the stations are sometimes in the city center (in Lyon for sure, in Aix a little less), and as everyone knows, everyone lives right in the city center.
Yes there are reinforced security checks at airports, nobody wants there to be attacks on TGVs one day, at least after Carlos' in 1985?; but if by luck we get there, we're going to have a good time (well to say it).
Finally on short trips, often not served by TGV (weird, you say weird :!: ) a good family turboprop, an ATR 42 for example is well suited;
And finally, long live France, because do not forget that in the world l 45% of the production of non-natural CO2 is the fact of the production of electricity, and then in Germany, the kings of ecology, it is there a lot of coal that makes the electricity fairy (polluters, did you say polluters?) : Evil:
Good evening, and don't forget to turn off your computers when you go out (if not one more nuclear power plant, one)
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."