TGV to 540 km / h

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 17/12/06, 10:59

Yep, the TGV crosses nuclear, or coal, see hydraulics.
But its energy efficiency is much better than a short-haul or medium-haul plane (source ademe)
So if you want to replace the atom with a beautiful gas or oil power plant, you will be a winner.

What do better, are the cars with 4 people or the busy buses but they cross less quickly.
The city centers are generally well served by all that is public transport.
0 x
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

TGV at 350 - 400 while cruising?

by hug » 17/12/06, 14:00

To repeat my original question.
The objective of getting TGV always faster to test, it serves to (I imagine):
* test behavior under boundary conditions
* promote the TGV product
* but also a little to make sure that the cruising speed can increase, right? This is a bit the subject of my question: When will the 350 or 400 TGV cruise with travelers?
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by hug » 17/12/06, 14:03

freddau wrote:The solution of a lighter infrastructure with trains taking their energy reserve is not too bad, but good to see.

Are there solutions? Eco (no) logic of course! (no coal train;))
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: TGV at 350 - 400 while cruising?

by Woodcutter » 17/12/06, 15:10

hug wrote:[...] When will the TGV 350 or 400 be cruising with travelers?
This is precisely what is planned on the TGV East line ...
The "commercial" speed will be 350 km / h.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/12/06, 15:11

My wife had to go from Bordeaux to Lyon this week.
There is no electrified line between Bordeaux and Lyon, the trains run on fuel oil (the turbotrain with gas tubine was removed in 2004).
For travel times look at this: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligne_Lyon-Bordeaux

She flew on the outward journey with change to Paris and the return was direct! :frown:
The day or tickets will be billed in tonnes of CO2 / passenger ... : Cry:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/12/06, 17:04

Hello
The day or tickets will be billed in tonnes of CO2 / passenger

transport is more complicated than that!
If I want to go to Labrador I have no choice it is the plane or the cargo boat.
to cross the Atlantic the plane is cheaper than the boat, not counting the time spent on the boat and all the crew services.
For the railway lines, there are the main lines which can be well served, but as soon as the lines are less frequented, it is more used, it takes a request to maintain a daily line.
In addition it takes enough passengers to justify this.
Infrastructure whether rail, road, waterway or airport with all radio beacons ect .. often are not taken into account in the means of transport, this is why we see trucks load of billets of steel travel 400 km on the roads (road repairs are all citizens who pay even those who do not have a car ..
Whatever the means of transport, it is the kind of energy which one takes to advance, and I think that transport by electric means and one of the cleanest solution.
because the day when it can produce electricity in its own way, all the infrastructure will be available, it will be easier.

Electricity is the most versatile energy to use with the least losses, obviously we do not criticize the way to do it, or the way to use it, but ask the question have you already count what your big parents consumed, your parents, and what do you consume annually? You will realize that it is just the availability and the price that justifies consumption.
In the 50s the minimum allowed for a house was under 220vlts 60amperes in the 68s it went to 100 amperes and now almost all houses have an entrance of 200amperes and large houses 400amperes.
this availability is to encourage us to consume it.

Currently nothing prevents cities from walking with trams, and replacing diesel buses (it worked in the 50s again) and if they are a little brainwashed, there is a way to make cars work in town on an electrical principle with external source.

Andre
0 x
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by hug » 17/12/06, 17:37

Andre wrote:there is a way to run cars in town on an electric principle with an external source.

If the electric vehicles are ready, why doesn't EDF run on electric vehicles?
It would save them money and promote the system.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."