Special Start & Stop AGM / EFB battery required or not?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/02/15, 15:25

It is certain that having a ruptured aneurysm on a motorcycle is less serious than on a bicycle ...

VFRs were known to have unreliable voltage regulators.
They were "2 wire" regulators, if memory serves.

I had the problem on my VFR 90 (a carat with single-arm), the neighborhood mechanic who repaired it had replaced it with a second-hand regulator from Kawa 1100 with 3 wires (which fell to him on hand).
The 3rd wire served as a reference voltage in + near contact (to prevent the regulator from draining the battery). The mechanic had connected it to the + 12V APC which went closest, it was the power supply of the brake light switch on the brake pedal.

It worked wonderfully, and never broke down again for a handful of € when the Honda regulator cost a fortune and took the time to say it ... Not to mention the frights when the light went out at night on small rough roads in the woods to go to work ...

Sorry for the HS, but I never had a battery problem (or anything else) with the VFR ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/02/15, 08:25

citro wrote:It is certain that having a ruptured aneurysm on a motorcycle is less serious than on a bicycle ...

He can no longer take the bike because of his restricted field of vision. And the more the bike because of the cardio efforts that it represents on its route (it has a bridge over a marshalling yard to pass with a nice rating to cross) ... He tried a VAE chinoix (and of course was very disappointed) more at the time when he hires in the morning if he has discomfort ... There is not much passage ... He has already had great difficulty in revalidating his car license under medical supervision .. .Motorcycle license ... It was niet ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...