Motorcycle Safety and 2 Wheels: Awareness Campaign

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/10, 18:02

Here is the road safety file ... with a little delay (javé forgot!). It is extracted from the motorcycle magazine 204 of February 2004. Sarkozy was then inside I think ...

0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/06/10, 08:38

I had talked about this article in another subject (without being able to cite my mags motorcycles were too tidy under a mountain of parts of ball burner and others now they are at emaus) .... I had been booed when I said that sarkonico had hacked the figures of the dead after x days to swallow the pill of the policy of repression ...

Christophe ..Do not believe these ugly glassy journalists ...

: Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 10:44

Macro wrote:I had been booed when I said that sarkonico had hacked the figures of the dead after x days to swallow the pill of the policy of repression ...

Me too and on this forum... : Cheesy:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 29/06/10, 10:58

Uh ... I don't know if I "booed" anymore, but I could have done it : Cheesy:
There is a lot of text and therefore I have not read everything, but what I see in it is that the stats are not reliable, that they do not take all the dead into account, that the figures take a long time to go up, etc ...
All this points to improvements, but does not mean that the figures are more wrong now than before. I give a fictitious example: Before we said that we had 1000 dead (against 2000 in reality), and now we say that we have 500 (against 1000 in reality).
OK the numbers are messy, but they still indicate a drop in mortality.

On the other hand, I am sure that we will see the figures soar: there was a period when we saw that most people drove slower. This period is over ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 11:06

Christophe wrote:
Macro wrote:I had been booed when I said that sarkonico had hacked the figures of the dead after x days to swallow the pill of the policy of repression ...

Me too and on this forum... : Cheesy:

ps: Flat anyway this article dating from 2004 there may have been updates since ...

reps: moreover the dead must be obligatorily, by intellectual honesty, reduced to km traveled! However we see it very rarely (a little more now I think)!

At the time (2008) I only found one Belgian road safety study which gives figures in km traveled!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/06/10, 09:29

Christophe wrote:ps: Flat anyway this article dating from 2004 there may have been updates since ...

Yes there have been updates ....

Reduction in the number of civil servants supposed to make all these calculations, increase in the number of hours of gendarmerie allocated to road repression (donations less time to deal with BACC) ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 21/12/14, 13:50

Here is a Chinese cyclist who is very lucky:

Cyclist finds himself under the wheels of a semi-trailer and miraculously gets by (video)

The pictures are scary. They show a cyclist arriving at a crossroads and being hit by a truck which turns to the right and, apparently, does not see him. The cyclist rides under the truck.

video inside: http://www.sudinfo.be/1174893/article/2 ... -miraculeu
0 x