Motorcycle Safety and 2 Wheels: Awareness Campaign

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/10, 23:39

Flytox wrote:Attacking on the road is reserved for brainless people : Mrgreen:. To have fun, there are the circuits, you can wallow without encountering concrete or a rail! It's the only place where they don't cross the road on their own, just to annoy you : Mrgreen:

Well yes, but 99% of the km traveled by the R1, R6, GSXR, ZXR, CBR, RSV, BMW R ... etc etc ... are on the "road" ... the key is to know how to appreciate "its "limits (his own, those of his machine ... and those of the road ...) and watch out for others (especially crossroads) ...

Turning on a circuit is better but it's very expensive ... bikersdays organize days at Franchorchamps, it really bothers me to make one, but it's 189 € mini. without being on the mercy of the weather (Belgium requires) ...

http://www.bikersdays.com/index.php
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/06/10, 13:14

It all depends on the circuit. Some are 45 € an hour, and a good intense hour may be enough to have fun. Anyway after we eat the tire and the gasoline ...

Otherwise on the track it is imperative to have ad-hoc equipment:
Leather jacket + pants or jumpsuit with reinforcements.
Reinforced motorcycle boots.
Reinforced gloves.
Full face helmet.

So before being accepted on the track, you need a minimum of equipment. But as much to go there with several friends and have fun between us for an hour or two, rather than nagging on the road and risk killing yourself or hurting / killing someone.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 22/06/10, 16:18

former oceanic wrote:Otherwise on the track it is imperative to have ad-hoc equipment:
Leather jacket + pants or jumpsuit with reinforcements.
Reinforced motorcycle boots.
Reinforced gloves.
Full face helmet.

Uh, on the road too. Not necessarily as advanced as on the circuit, but technical clothing for motorcycles yes (or failing that, full jeans).

Those I see rolling with the chin strap not tight, in a t-shirt, shorts and TONG (p'tain they stay in first time to get to the cafe or what?) Not deserve that insurance take care in case of a problem. What the insurances besides the Rhine have understood (Austria too, the insurance covers you only if you have suitable equipment).
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/10, 16:24

+1

But in France, the bikers' mutual reimburses (recently I think) the equipment in the event of a fall.

When you have the money to ride a motorcycle, the least you can do is equip yourself properly ... I put Pascal on the forum motorcycle a few weeks ago because he made a motorcycle t-shirt video ...

On the +/- 60 km that I do on a motorcycle, I had to ride less than 000 km in jeans but never without gloves, never without gortex and obviously never without a helmet ...

I'm in my second leather pants for the bottom and another 2st gortex (1 years old) for the top. A motomod I think. Very profitable for the client (not for them !!)
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 22/06/10, 16:33

Personally, I bought myself a cheap bike to have enough money to "invest" in a 2-piece leather suit.

Investing is in quotation marks, because the full leather combi cost me 300 €, 380 € with a back protector, nothing compared to the price of a bike. Add to that a pair of well worn rangers at 30 € in a surplus and a pair of leather gloves in the same surplus, for less than 500 € we are equipped from feet to shoulders.
€ 600 with a mid-range or end-of-series helmet.
Basically, fulle equipped for the price of the latest shoei XR coffee kéké thing.

I have already fallen a pair of times with it (always no more than 30), and each time it was, oh shit, you will still have to straighten things on the bike. I had nothing of nothing, not even rang or nothing. We get up, we raise the bike and we leave. Of course the leather starts to take gallons ^^ and to be a little marked. The only time I fell with just my leather jacket and jeans I felt it pass, yet I was driving no more than 10km / h, but the jeans exploded, as well as my knee. It took me 3 weeks to recover from my scratches (and therefore 3 weeks without a motorcycle). Since then, never again without my leather.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/06/10, 16:53

To read you, I should put your equipment on a bike !!
So nothing risk !!! ?????
But some sweat problems in summer !!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/10, 16:59

sherkanner wrote:I have already fallen a pair of times with (always no more than 30)

Uh tell us if you want us to pay to buy you this:

In addition you have the choice of color !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

+1 for the rest!

dedeleco at one point there was no question of making a law requiring the wearing of a helmet on a bike?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/06/10, 17:01

Nevertheless, 17 years ago, by bike, Tshirt, I demolished a car which cut me off at a crossroads where it turned left, with nothing, a small scratch due to the bitumen bit rough !!
The car with the sunken roof and the broken windshield was much less beautiful than me !!!
At low speed 15km / h, I did a stunt demo, involuntary, well rolled into a ball !!

I have little falls otherwise !!
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 22/06/10, 17:20

Christophe wrote:
sherkanner wrote:I have already fallen a pair of times with (always no more than 30)

Uh tell us if you want us to pay to buy you this:

In addition you have the choice of color !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

+1 for the rest!

dedeleco at one point there was no question of making a law requiring the wearing of a helmet on a bike?

'fair.

The trestle is still more than 220kg, and I was made each time either in the rain, or when the tires are cold and I just started by 5 ° C outside.

For cycling I also think that a helmet should be compulsory, especially for those who have a racing bike or mountain bike.
Personally I have a trekking (I believe that it is not in France or so under the name city bike: http://www.bike-fitline.com/trekkingbik ... ad-rad.htm).

Do not be fooled when you ride a bike at 50 and you crash, it hurts, my roommate tells me about it quite often ^^
Unfortunately there is not to my taste correct protection for bikes, especially for the knees
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 22/06/10, 18:29

Well, we should reserve a track in France or in Belgium (that it’s not too far for everyone), so that all the Economotards get out of it :P

Does that tell you? : Mrgreen: history of grilling a little eye!
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."