New Peugeot hybrid gasoline / air: 3l / 100Km

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 03/07/14, 14:49

moinsdewatt wrote:
Peugeot rolls its 2008 with Hybrid Air technology

A test in Paris and photos made by the VOITUREDUFUTURE site

http://voituredufutur.blogspot.fr/2014/07/technologie-hybrid-air-ce-nest-pas-du.html

Good reading !
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/07/14, 14:50

this hydropneumatic accumulator system is only used when suddenly slowing down: recovery of kinetic energy for the next restart ... but it is useless for optimizing engine efficiency: not enough energy

this system will be useless when driving slowly, stopping to accelerate for a long time before stopping: it will have a result especially for a normalized urban cycle where fairly strong decelerations are imposed

without brutal slowdown and repeated this system will be only a weight and an additional cost

the electric hybrid is perhaps a little less good for the recovery of energy in sudden deceleration because it exceeds the maximum power of the battery, but it is better for the optimization of the heat engine: allows to choose a more heat engine small ... allows you to recharge the battery in the garage: always leave with a full battery and go home with an empty battery so drive a little with electricity instead of petrol

a real electric hybrid also makes it possible to run entirely on electricity in places where pollution is annoying: for example in the city center

except that this possibility of using hybrid cars as electric cars seems to be undesirable to those who are afraid of seeing a part of the fuel tax escaped

the government will have to show a clear position! is the goal to reduce pollution or pluck the citizens? ... I'm afraid of the answer
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/07/14, 22:44

It seems to me that there is another subject on this forum or I said all the good that I thought of this technology AFTER seeing the beast up close, it was a year ago already. I even attached photos taken and captioned by me, I also posted them on forum electric vehicles in a similar subject which raises an intense debate ...

Yes, to recover energy, you have to slow down quite strongly, therefore wasting kinetic energy.

But, as I have already explained, for this car, as for the Toyota hybrids that PSA cheerfully monkeys only to be differentiated by the energy storage mode, the secret of the really low consumption of this vehicle is elsewhere...

The secret lies in the possibility of coasting with the engine off and in the elimination of the gearbox as well, of course as in the start & stop system which cuts the engine when stopped (and even well before stopping).

Thank you for the link on the report by Laurent Meillaud which describes well the operation of this vehicle, unlike the house engineers who last year, sought to deceive their world. It was by seeing the flayed vehicle up close that I understood and revised my opinion, which had hitherto been based on the analysis of press releases (notably through this subject).
Consumption is certified according to the standards in force (it is very open to criticism, it is true), but it comes out with values ​​comparable to the Yaris Hybrid.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/07/14, 16:57

I understand the arguments of Citrus, which are valid in absolute terms.

But I think the bulk of the balance is leaning towards the writings of Chatelot.

Namely, to summarize, that the hybrid-thermal-electric series system has many more virtuous circles (dowsizing the engine, 100% EV driving possible very often) than the compressed air bottle which stores an energy tinker,
Blogspot wrote :First surprise: the start-up is done in zero emission mode. There was enough energy accumulated in the system and it is therefore in silence and thanks to compressed air that I travel the first tens of meters

Wow. We had non-rechargeable Prius at 3 km of autonomy at less than 50 km / h ... We have hybrid air at 500 m of autonomy at 10 km / h? :P

almost without effect for a soft urban driver, even in the extra-urban case. And with zero efficiency at constant speed on the highway / national.

Especially since this Peugeot is 100% thermal / petroleum in its primary energy source, Diesel, large tires, SCx not very weak ...

To finish with a swollen sense of humor, I think Hybrid Air is a breeze in relation to the technical challenges of a truly efficient vehicle :P
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/07/14, 18:38

I agree with Remundo, for now.
Indeed, starting aid is not and does not replace a mode of locomotion, even a limited one, except to further increase the weight of vehicles while the policy would be to reduce them.
But the electric also went through in its infancy to start to be reliable (failing to be viable in electricity of atomic origin mainly). At least the tire is non-polluting in its use and would require an overall comparative assessment until recycling at the end of life with all-electric such as hybrid;
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 07/07/14, 13:54

Freewheeling huh ?!
reheating of an old concept as we said ... 8 years ago

https://www.econologie.com/forums/technique- ... 18-15.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/07/14, 15:34

and also: the pulse and glide (one of the hypermiling techniques from the USA)

https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-ecocondu ... 65-70.html
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/07/14, 10:57

Freewheeling huh ?!
Not difficult, just delete all the odds, the dishes and keep only descents! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 17/01/15, 10:12

0 x
chtek6
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: New hybrid Peugeot gasoline / compressed air: 3l / 100Km

by chtek6 » 22/03/18, 11:31

Hello
Guy negro's car has little to do with that of Peugeot. Besides, the negro guy's car was a sham, almost a hoax and a real financial scam. negro guy died peace to his soul. This invention is the work of Mr capdevielle in the 60s / 70s, we must be able to find it at * INPI (patent filing) he had invented before the time the hybrid car about 50 years ago like nothing is invented everything disappears. Citroën on the same principle had invented the hydropneumatic suspension, we reinvent the wire to cut butter.
Declining oil and especially climate problems pushes us to do better with less.
see you
* National Institute of Industrial Property
0 x