Peugeot 4007: back to the past!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/02/07, 11:25

agukha wrote:I would find it more logical (and healthier) to tackle as much as possible to force piggyback as much as possible, rather than once again attacking symbols and delivering your "hate" on them as more and more do. of people (people have always had an easy time hating categories of people singled out :| ).

You are totally right.
However, the difference between the 4x4 and the truck is that the 4x4, in 99,9% has no useful justification: it is a symbol. Symbol of a certain success for whoever buys it, symbol of contempt for the environment for its detractors. It is moreover this symbol more than the object or its conductors which is in general the object of this "hatred" as you say.

For the truck, the problem is different: in the total absence of alternative means of transport (*) attacking the truck means attacking the entire current consumerist system. This has consequences. Transport by truck makes it possible to transport goods over long distances at ridiculous prices (at least in relation to the environmental impact). This allows for just-in-time flows, imports from countries that are less social, and therefore ultimately cheaper prices.
So, although I am fundamentally against this means of transport, I think that the era of the "all-truck" is not about to end. : Evil:

(*) For your information, more than 70% of the freight entrusted to the SNCF (in t / km) travels by trucks !!!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/04/07, 00:06

andre-34 wrote:Now the rav 4 is in the "clean power" version I don't know what it is unless it is the "blue diesel" concept?
"Clean Power" is one of Toyota's trade names for its D-CAT (Diesel-Clean Advanced Technology) diesel engine depollution system, using a particulate filter coupled to a 4-way catalytic converter which acts as a fuel reducer. nitrogen oxides (DPNR = Diesel Particulate NOx Reduction).

andre-34 wrote:In fact must compare the rav 4 to a renault laguna of equivalent power ...
Nowadays, yes, because RAV4s have "grown" over the generations.

andre-34 wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:[To my knowledge, the only 1600 engines fitted to the 205 were those of the GTI sports versions ...
Not below there is the model "XS" (and can be SX also if it is like for the 309).
Yea ... finally, the XS (and XT / GT) were powered by 1360, EXCEPT during their last year of production (AM 1993).
Ah yes, the automatic had a 1580 for a long time (1986), but that's it ....

Small figures concerning the transport of goods:
- track : Arrow: approx. 30 g CO2 / t / km
- piggyback : Arrow: approx. 40 g CO2 / t / km
- truck transport : Arrow: approx. 200 g CO2 / t / km
- plane approximately : Arrow: 1000 g CO2 / t / km
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
aiming
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by aiming » 01/04/07, 10:59

Last edited by aiming the 01 / 04 / 07, 13: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/04/07, 12:41

Aiming wrote:Hello,

A big smart guy bored the neighborhood with his big Discovery: I park anywhere, I make a gossip not possible, I force the passage etc ...
And in the event of a horn blow, finger of honor.

One evening I went under (practice kakatre for that): emptying of the low engine, then a good little spray of PU foam in the little hole, we put the screw back, finished.

Very funny to see him try to start the next day. : Twisted:

I would like to say that, even if I am deeply anti 4x4, I disapprove, and Econology also FORMALLY this type of actions.
In the same genre, you can also burn the apartment of the neighbor who puts his TV a little loud !!! : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/04/07, 18:57

Targol wrote

For the truck, the problem is different: in the total absence of alternative means of transport (*) attacking the truck means attacking the entire current consumerist system. This has consequences. Transport by truck makes it possible to transport goods over long distances at ridiculous prices (at least in relation to the environmental impact). This allows for just-in-time flows, imports from countries that are less social, and therefore ultimately cheaper prices.
So, although I am fundamentally against this mode of transport, I think the era of the "all-truck" is not about to end Evil or Very Mad

fed up with just in time and empty or half-empty trucks.

using modern IT means (eg creation of an "empty truck space internet stock exchange") we should be able to apply the logic of "if you're in a hurry and you don't want to store, pay!" "
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/04/07, 19:12

elephant wrote:fed up with just in time and empty or half-empty trucks.

using modern IT means (eg creation of an "empty truck space internet stock exchange") we should be able to apply the logic of "if you're in a hurry and you don't want to store, pay!" "

Completely agree with you on the raz-le-bol.
On the other hand, I believe that the charterers already pay the empty returns, right?
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 02/04/07, 19:01

Targol wrote:Completely agree with you on the raz-le-bol.
However, I believe that charterers already pay empty returns, no?

YES

:?
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 02/04/07, 19:19

rpsantina wrote:

YES

Not expensive enough : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/04/07, 19:27

zac wrote:
rpsantina wrote:

YES

Not expensive enough : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

Even at full, they pay only a ridiculous price compared to the nuisance that this implies ...

Uhhh, we may have strayed a bit from the new Peugeot 4x4 there, right?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/04/07, 22:10

Targol said:

Completely agree with you on the raz-le-bol.
On the other hand, I believe that the charterers already pay the empty returns, right?

Of course, if you want to send 30 tonnes of tomatoes from Valladolid to Munich with empty return, you have to pay the driver (s), diesel, tolls, depreciation, maintenance and insurance of the vehicle and even the benefit of their boss, but still, it is a shame all these empty trucks, it must be believed that it is not yet expensive enough!

That said, we are getting out of the subject :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be