Peugeot 4007: back to the past!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Peugeot 4007: back to the past!

by Woodcutter » 08/01/07, 19:47

Christophe wrote:[...] Hope: that PSA lose enough money to never release this horror![...]
Too late... : roll:

And in addition they will sell ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/01/07, 20:04

Targol wrote:And to say that until now, the French manufacturers were the only ones to have resisted the temptation of the 4x4.
In my opinion, it was not a will on their part ...

Targol wrote:The worst part is that I wonder if they do not embark on the race for "big shit that pollutes and only serves to show off" at the worst time.
Toutafé!

Targol wrote:[...] It is a bit like saying: "global warming, we bump into it as long as we can sell cars" : Evil:
Ben ... :|
Do you really think that manufacturers would not make more efforts towards really energy-efficient cars if their main (and almost unique) priority, like all industries, was not their turnover?

Toyota was able to "afford" the Prius (and the other hybrids) thanks, among other things, to a monumental cash flow and it was an "image" bet for the future ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/07, 20:06

Woodcutter wrote:And in addition they will sell ... :|

I know ... but thanks to our new Tshirt we will break the biz of 4x4 : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: We are the eco-avengers !!

ps: Targol what do you mean by "worse" moment?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/01/07, 21:32

Christophe wrote:[..] ps: Targol what do you mean by "worst" moment?
I'm sorry I answer for you ...

As long as having missed the boat of the "SUV" at all end of the range, French manufacturers could have avoided spending on research to introduce in their 2007, 2008 and 2009 ranges vehicles which, if the awakening of consciousness happens (which we all hope for here, I hope ...), will no longer be really welcome ...

But hey, the laws of the market being what they are, they felt obliged to absolutely have these "must-see" vehicles even if they do not reach 5% of sales ...

Foolish commercial reasoning shit! : Evil:

The worst part of all this is that the presence of these vehicles can, if the manufacturers are as influential as they say, prevent for example the political emergence of a highly dissuasive tax on vehicles that produce the most CO2, seen that they will raise the average ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/07, 23:24

Ok I agree in principle but in practice this alarm clock will not happen in a massive way ...

I think that the decline in 4x4 sales is less due to more conscientious buyers than a fashion that has passed. Inevitably when one vehicle in 10 is an SUV in certain neighborhoods it is less showy to have one than when it was 1 in 1000 ...

And then I remain convinced, as you said above that "it will sell" ... on the other hand the competition will be tough with Chinese 4x4s ...

In fact, I thought Targol meant "worse" compared to their current "bad" financial results ...
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 08/01/07, 23:52

Christophe wrote:
Targol wrote:4 times more expensive,
x
4 times more polluting.

Not bad ...

But it lacks the "small machine" ... then pkoi not something like this:

4 times more expensive,
x=small craft:]
4 times more polluting.

With a small device in another "police" obviously ...

well done!!! there you are at the top! : Mrgreen:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 09/01/07, 09:31

Christophe wrote:In fact, I thought Targol meant "worse" compared to their current "bad" financial results ...

No, no, what I meant was well summarized by Bucheron: they are pulling out their shit when, let us have faith, global warming and its penetration in thought could slow down this kind of vehicle.

As for the results of French manufacturers, we must not necessarily believe everything that the media say: certainly, sales of French manufacturers are slightly down in EUROPE but this is not necessarily the case all over the world.
I heard on France-Nympho ... (uh no France-Info : Oops: : Lol: ) yesterday the CEO of Peugeot who justified the definitive closure of a factory in GB. It went something like this: "No, we are not going to close other factories in Western Europe, but we must nevertheless say that it is cheaper in Eastern Europe and that in addition, this type of relocation allows production to be brought closer to the most promising markets. "
In other words: the drop in sales in our regions makes it possible to "justify" relocations ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/07, 12:10

Press kit:

https://www.econologie.com/file/construc ... PSA_FR.pdf

We sincerely appreciate the passage on ecology and clean diesel ... Bravo PSA! : Mrgreen: : Shock:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/01/07, 15:56

Christophe wrote:[...] We will sincerely appreciate the passage on ecology and clean diesel ... Bravo PSA! : Mrgreen: : Shock:
Well ... :?
In this case, it is the "less bad" of the engines they could offer, given its very low consumption compared to the power and torque delivered, and especially its availability at low speeds ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/07, 16:13

Yes ... the least bad ... to move 2 Tons in town ...

Then it could be even worse if he had already developed the pantone / water injection : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x