mechanical efficiency? Definition? Delirium of wikipedia?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/10, 00:12

there is a page of homonymy with the different directions of yield
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendement
* In physics, the efficiency indicates the ratio between the real energy efficiency of a thermal machine and its maximum theoretical efficiency.
* In electronics, efficiency expresses the relationship between the power consumed and the power supplied by a circuit.
* In electrical engineering, the efficiency of an electric motor is given by the ratio between the mechanical power delivered and the electric power absorbed.

problem in physics it is the new sense, relationship between real machine and perfect machine, and in electronics and electrotechnics it is the old sense relationship between product and consumed
so electronics or electricity is not physics?

I think it's rather sabotage of thermodynamics

I don't know why but I always had the impression that the thermodynamics teachers didn't want us to understand ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/11/10, 00:16

Absolutely,

we come back there

: Idea: :P QED :P : Idea:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 13/11/10, 08:31

And in particular to this:

Remundo wrote:What is certain ; only a case-by-case definition of what is called "yield" makes it possible to avoid confusion.

For my part, I use the word efficiency, with the adjective indicating what efficiency is about: it is precise, without risk of confusion, and it is immediately translatable into English too.
0 x
See you soon !