New Vmax: 200 hp and 1700 cc! Is it really reasonable?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

New Vmax: 200 hp and 1700 cc! Is it really reasonable?

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 20:20

At a time when everyone "cries" of too expensive oil (except those on the other side of the "pump" of course) Yamaha releases its new V-Max: a MONSTER ... after more than 10 years absence.

200 (!) CV, 1700 cc and a couple of trucks to stretch your arms (see joe bar).

Technical sheet Yamaha 1700 Vmax
ENGINE
Engine: V-4 at 65 ° liquid cooled, 2 ACT, 4 valves per cylinder; Displacement: 1 cc; Bore and stroke: 679 x 90 mm; Volumetric ratio: 66 to 11,3; Maximum power (full): 1 hp at 200 rpm; Maximum torque: 9.000 m.kg at 17 rpm; Power supply: Mikuni 6.500 mm carburetors (48); Lubrication: wet sump; Ignition: digital TCI, electric start; Transmission: 4-speed (with limited-slip clutch); Final drive: by shaft

More pics: http://www.motomag.com/Le-Yamaha-1700-V ... o-3503.htm
A video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83E_67XqNP4

ps: the pot is still shit ... and I don't like the burn atmosphere
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/06/08, 23:13

It is an engine equipped with a cycle part :?:
A mobile hair dryer?
: Lol:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: New Vmax: 200 hp and 1700 cc! Is it really reasonable

by bamboo » 13/06/08, 10:45

Christophe wrote:At a time when everyone is "crying" about too expensive oil (except those on the other side of "the pump"

No, I'm not crying, and yet I'm on the same side of the pump as you :D

One day, motorcycles (and bikers) will have to set themselves to the same standards as the others ... (I am, so I can say it!)
Why are the pollution standards (including noise) different from those of cars? I never understood ...

Remundo wrote:It is an engine fitted with a Question cycle part
A mobile hair dryer?

Still, it is not a public transport: Even with two, it seems impossible! (see the mini back cushion, compared to the front chair!) :D
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/08, 12:03

The new motorcycles have quite draconian standards at present as much in pollution as in noise, in terms of pollution I would say that we are at the level of cars of less than 10 years ago ...

On the other hand the motorcycles have no technical control (phew! some will say :D), in other words: you can ride with a super poorly adjusted motorcycle, which eats oil and with a pierced pot for years without having to report to anyone ... so this probably explains your remark.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 13/06/08, 14:42

Ah?

It's possible today, but I'm sure it happened later than for cars.

What surprises me is that motorcycles can reach pollution levels as low as for cars, without injection.

For example, the VMax you present is fuel-powered ... Combustion could therefore be less complete than with a computer which controls the injectors.

What do you think ?

Maybe we are still 10 years behind car standards? (that's a real question)

Christophe wrote:The new motorcycles have quite draconian standards at present as much in pollution as in noise, in terms of pollution I would say that we are at the level of cars of less than 10 years ago ...

On the other hand the motorcycles have no technical control (phew! some will say :D), in other words: you can ride with a super poorly adjusted motorcycle, which eats oil and with a pierced pot for years without having to report to anyone ... so this probably explains your remark.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/08, 14:45

The recent ones are for injections ... with lambda and cata and all the bazaar.

Should not take literally the info of journalists.
4 carburetors = 4 single point injections .... well, I think : Cheesy:

ps: read again what I said, motorcycles are about 10 years behind cars.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 13/06/08, 15:58

Christophe wrote:The recent ones are for injections ... with lambda and cata and all the bazaar.

Should not take literally the info of journalists.
4 carburetors = 4 single point injections .... well, I think : Cheesy:

Ah OK...

Christophe wrote:ps: read again what I said, motorcycles are about 10 years behind cars.

Precisely, I was not sure: I did not know very well if the auto standards had evolved in the last 10 years or not. Don't remember the dates.

=> you confirm that the motorcycles are late, and I do not understand why this is the case. The standards should be applicable on the same dates for all means of transport.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/08, 16:24

indy49 wrote:=> you confirm that the motorcycles are late, and I do not understand why this is the case. The standards should be applicable on the same dates for all means of transport.

Well, maybe there are 10 times less motorcycles sold than cars? So less pollution overall but also less means of pollution control for the manufacturer.

Several models, like the diversion 600 for example, best seller of the 90s, are no longer in the catalog because the engineers have not succeeded in cleaning up the engines.
0 x