Loremo, the econological car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/08, 23:46

Ben the same order of magnitude of mass and type of design ... but hey is the debate?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/05/08, 00:06

Hydraxon wrote:After research on different forums, they say she has ONE star on the NCAP test. [...].
Here ? LOREMO would have already passed a car crash test EuroNCAP? I am a little surprised, this association only tests the cars sold ... :|

Moreover, with a car with such a low mass, I do not see why the result would not be at least as good as a Logan ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 15/05/08, 10:35

Woodcutter wrote:
Hydraxon wrote:After research on different forums, they say she has ONE star on the NCAP test. [...].
Here ? LOREMO would have already passed a car crash test EuroNCAP? I am a little surprised, this association only tests the cars sold ... :|

Moreover, with a car with such a low mass, I do not see why the result would not be at least as good as a Logan ...

Because the more light it is, the easier it is destroyed. This is one of the reasons for the mass increase of the most common cars.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/05/08, 10:42

Uh Hydraxon ... it is discussed: + light = - there is energy to absorb ...

It is not the mass of building materials but their ability to deform (in the "right places" relative to the occupant) to absorb energy that matters.

Try to do a crash test with a heavy car made of crystal : Mrgreen:

For the good remark of Bucheron: would it already be of the competitive intoxications which are profiled around the Loremo?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/05/08, 19:46

Hydraxon wrote:[...] Because the more it is light, the easier it is destroyed. This is one of the reasons for the mass increase of the most common cars.
And precisely: not at all!

You know maybe (or not ...) that one of the two big problems with a car (and back to its designers) in a shock like a crash test is the dispersion of a large amount of energy (kinetic) in a very short time.
And the deformable structures that realize that will have all the less work on a car of only 600 kg!

The continuous increase in the mass of vehicles is more related to societal reasons such as the demand for comfort equipment, the appearance and level of finish, the size, the power, the handling of road that can only be perfect , etc. ... only for technical reasons concerning safety during crash tests.

What is true, however, is that the continued growth of the mass initiates a vicious circle for manufacturers that makes them even more heavy on their vehicles to get their sacrosanct 5 stars at EuroNCAP!

Regarding this structure, I do not find traces of the LOREMO.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/08, 20:29

Woodcutter wrote:even more weigh down their vehicles to get their sacrosanct 5 stars at EuroNCAP

Yeah while the dead on the road are only increasing, (the apparent decline is the hack of Sarko when he was a minister as with the unemployed more recently) forcing cars have more and more torque .. .

Now to be completely honest would have to bring back the dead to the number of km.vehicle traveled ... Otherwise it is complete pipo ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 24/05/08, 01:11

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:even more weigh down their vehicles to get their sacrosanct 5 stars at EuroNCAP

Yeah while the dead on the road are only increasing, (the apparent decline is the hack of Sarko when he was a minister as with the unemployed more recently) forcing cars have more and more torque .. .

Now to be completely honest would have to bring back the dead to the number of km.vehicle traveled ... Otherwise it is complete pipo ...

100% agree.

They recognized that there was a drop in the number of deaths, but an increase in serious casualties who end up in a wheelchair or in a coma !!

In fact, we do not take into account the number of average kms traveled per year.

No mystery, even 90km / h, even with airbags on all sides, passengers clink, airbags recede the date of death: years of suffering on a wheelchair or in a vegetative life, is it really better ?.

Thanks statistics as usual : Evil:

The Euro ncap tests are good but they do not reflect the reality (especially the speed on road or highway).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/05/08, 00:30

martien007 wrote:[...] The Euro ncap tests are good but they do not reflect the reality (especially the speed on road or highway).
According to accident surveys (especially that of REAGIR, I do not know if it still exists ...) speed at the moment of impact has, in the vast majority of cases, nothing to do with speed practiced on this or that road.

Euro-NCAP tests are more severe than what is imposed by European standards and are adjusted, it seems to me, precisely to the "average" impact speeds assessed by accident investigations.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 25/05/08, 01:42

The subject of the euro ncap test is certainly very interesting, but a bit off topic on this subject. Why not discuss it on a dedicated topic?

Ps: Hi Bucheron. It's nice to read you again : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/05/08, 12:13

Targol wrote:The subject of the euro ncap test is certainly very interesting, but a bit off topic on this subject. Why not discuss it on a dedicated topic?

Ps: Hi Bucheron. It's nice to read you again : Mrgreen:

Quite, there is a lot to say about it ...

Ps: Hi Targol. It's nice to read you again : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."