Loremo, the econological car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 11/04/06, 21:08

We should be able to sub-opt the vehicles sold.

I do not want the window regulators - 200 €
I do not want the power steering -500 €
I do not want the clim -1000 €, I'll take a sunroof + 300 €
I do not want mega heated seat vibrating air conditioner -1000 €, I'll take the hitch + 300 €

etc etc etc.

On this account, we go to the dealer to order the car that we want, and we come out with a car at two thirds of the price.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 11/04/06, 21:22

former oceanic wrote:We should be able to sub-opt the vehicles sold.

I do not want the window regulators - 200 €
I do not want the power steering -500 €
I do not want the clim -1000 €, I'll take a sunroof + 300 €
I do not want mega heated seat vibrating air conditioner -1000 €, I'll take the hitch + 300 €

etc etc etc.

On this account, we go to the dealer to order the car that we want, and we come out with a car at two thirds of the price.

Hello

with a lapidary (for the sunroof), and some tube (for the trailer hitch).

You have it logan or the PE toyota (4x4 5 9650 pick-up seats €)
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
grouchy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by grouchy » 11/04/06, 22:18

I subscribe to your idea ex oceano! 8)
There are many things I would not want in my vehicle. At first I was happy to have AC but today, I disconnected, emptied of gas and I think to remove most of the parts. It does not change my life at all. And the summer when it's hot (I'm in Provence) I'll park in the shade to 100m more walk. My feet are fine thank you.

Less agreement with Freddau, no need to be green but simply awake to realize that too many things are unnecessarily installed in cars. As for the manufacturers they do not follow the trend fortunately for them but they anticipate permanently and like the haute couture designers, they are fashionable. Current ads are constantly counting on embedded electronics, video screens, GPs etc ... But who needs that. Very few people actually. But we make customers believe that this is the best of the best and that they will be happy to have it. And it works, there are always guys happy to have the latest gadget in fashion. See the success of tuning too.
But another part of the population has nothing to wax from the crate that serves as a cart ... Saying that it would not sell a minimalist car is a lie. As said above logan shows the way. The limited budget, the increase in the cost of fuel, it necessarily incites those who can not afford to phantasm through a brilliant racing car to take the plunge and be limited to the car Useful.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 11/04/06, 22:44

zac wrote:... the PE toyota [/ b] (4x4 5 9650 pick-up seats €)

I have less cousin! : Cheesy:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
zac

by zac » 11/04/06, 23:12

Yes, but on secondhand : Mrgreen:
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/04/06, 07:45

:x Totally agree, there is tired of this permanent outbidding.

That said, that's the way the economy works. :|
If you buy a car "sous optionnée", you will lose double your "sub options" in discount on resale, because no one will want your car ... That's why every year the manufacturers add a "small more "to their models; so that consumers have a reason to buy ... Including those who do not rush on the latest novelty. That's why expensive timing belts have to be replaced instead of maintenance-free chains, so that some prefer to sell their cars for costly repairs.
The problem is the same with catalysts, particulate filters ...
Manufacturers no longer want customers, they want SUBSCRIBERS, ie captive customers ... :x
0 x
grouchy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by grouchy » 13/04/06, 21:33

Citro Yes, I understand this argument resale. And because I gave myself to this siren when purchasing my vehicle. But this goes back to 10 years and now I have nothing more to do. I keep my car as long as it will hold up. I went into the clan of motorists who drive useful and not fluff or toy. The next car I'll take it hard for me as possible, worn down to the horn ...
But I may well be trapped by manufacturers who want to subscribe to their sav ... that's why I search the minimalist car ... a kind of Ford T in modern times.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 13/04/06, 23:15

lau wrote:
zac wrote:... the PE toyota [/ b] (4x4 5 9650 pick-up seats €)

I have less cousin! : Cheesy:

Cool !! How many cows are there? Finally, I mean, how many horses! ??? : Lol:
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 13/04/06, 23:17

grouchy wrote:But I may well be trapped by manufacturers who want to subscribe to their sav ... that's why I search the minimalist car ... a kind of Ford T in modern times.

Houla !! The Ford T was a great bastard !! You will have to find something else !!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/04/06, 01:19

grouchy wrote:Citro Yes, I understand this argument resale. And because I gave myself to this siren when purchasing my vehicle. But this goes back to 10 years and now I have nothing more to do. I keep my car as long as it will hold up. I went into the clan of motorists who drive useful and not fluff or toy. The next car I'll take it hard for me as possible, worn down to the horn ...
But I may well be trapped by manufacturers who want to subscribe to their sav ... that's why I search the minimalist car ... a kind of Ford T in modern times.

Totally agree with you, I drive a 25 R1989 300000kms GPL, I hope it will last. I have another R25 from 1986 GTX gasoline 270000kms pending, a 504 gasoline from 1981, a 104 from 1973 110000kms, a R21 nevada gasoline from 1986 370000kms. They are all in working order. I use the R25 LPG for the moment the one that costs me the least in fuel, but I am never ballasted with catalyst, DPF, nor the whole armada preventing access to the engine. If the GPL breaks I switch to another; the other advantage is over 25 years = collection => more control and you can drive in the neighboring departments. As long as I want that I make it last and we are in 2006, and I went on vacation to Corsica again in 2005 with the 504 which goes almost everywhere in a 4x4, super strong and easy to repair.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."