Seeking the most feasible utility ecolo

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by manitou22 » 19/10/14, 22:25

Elephant,
I do not know in which field you work and it is following your personal experience that your choice was made, simply I justify my choice according to several criteria which differ according to the activities and the environment of each one.
For a multi-service that does masonry, structural work (transport of sand, gravel, bastaings of different lengths, a trailer is absolutely necessary and these same lengths easier to tow with a station wagon, moreover if the owner works mainly in parking is not a problem in a rural environment like my home. In an urban environment where every inch counts, with an activity specialized in a specific field, the choice can be different. Everyone must find a suitable shoe and I hope our friend will benefit from this discussion. Difficult to find the sheep with five legs.
Personally, I replaced my old damaged golf break 3 with a utility like yours and I regret it.
HS: your signature link no longer works
A+
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/10/14, 10:17

The creator of the thread made it clear that he was doing multi-troubleshooting.

I am an installer and repairer of electronic security systems.

The applications are different from yours: neither he nor I have a long stay with the customer. On the other hand, when a small piece of a few grams and a few hundred is missing .....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/10/14, 11:46

each vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages: with a 3T5 van, you can store more things out of sight and theft ... with a car and a trailer, you must not leave anything in the parked trailer

the big van must sometimes be parked further away, but you can more easily have a devil or a wheelbarrow in it to transport what is heavy

when you do various jobs, with a car that is too small you have to go home to load and unload what is useful for one job or another ... with the 3T5 you can walk around all the equipment and do several jobs different without unnecessary return

Is it ecological to walk all at once? yes when it reduces the KM to do and saves time
0 x
aroun
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by aroun » 17/11/14, 13:09

Thank you all for this info, advice and suggestions.
Not yet found the perfect pearl but probably I'm still a bit young for that !! One certainty, I would not take a rechargeable electric. For me, it's a nuclear power plant and I don't want that. Fearful and irresponsible towards future generations. Too bad but no pick up (I found gasoline in Quebec much cheaper than here but very expensive to bring it back, pay the taxes and the LPG installation then ..). I found a breack (307 from 2007 with 130 km) and plan to have it fitted with LPG. I hope it will hold and that in two / three years, things will have changed a little.
Otherwise it happened to me, to read to you, to regret not having been interested until then, only in the building, and to have no notion of mechanics a little serious.

Big thanks to everyone. My mother has been boasting about Econology for years, my questions led me to go there and it's really great!

Continue, many of us are lost in the desert!

Aroun Dutheil
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/11/14, 13:45

Thanks for giving us this feedback.

I hope your break will quickly become too small (this is not a bad thing, but a wish for success)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/11/14, 15:30

Aroun wrote:... One certainty, I would not take a rechargeable electric. For me, it's a nuclear power plant and I don't want that. Fearful and irresponsible towards future generations.
Curious remark before mentioning the desire for an impossible pickup ...
What will your tools work with, oil. :?:

As with the choice of vehicle, that of the tools must be pragmatic and represent the best cost / efficiency compromise.
I have the majority of my power tools on battery (a good ten devices and 3 batteries, I would need one or 2 more if I worked more intensively).
It only depends on me to charge them with solar energy or on the cigarette lighter of my car ...
The big thing about electricity comes from the fact that pollution comes from its primary source, not from electricity itself.

I come out of the medical examination with still "correct" ears, I pay attention to it, but if I use protections when I grind, for example, but he told me that thermal devices are also extremely harmful to hearing ...

It was not until I was thirty years old to learn to pay attention to "my machine" and discover the learning of "gestures and postures", and the use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
Think about it before it's too late ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/11/14, 19:11

all depending on what work we do ... cordless screwdriver drill, it's good for working in the workshop when the batteries can often be put back on the charger ... to work on a roof to drill and screw sheets you need the real 220V drill, this is connected to the nuclear power plant or the generator

even if the generator set is energetically catastrophic, the 220V 500w drill is so much faster for self-drilling screws than the cordless drill that the productivity gain pays for gasoline

the problem of the generator on site is not a technical problem: it is a political problem: EDF should be authorized to put a provisional meter on site as it was done 50 years ago ... but alas now c is the opposite! for history of consuel or other ALC standards there is no longer a provisional meter on site ... and we run the Chinese generator sets
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/11/14, 19:58

chatelot16 wrote:It all depends on what work we do ... cordless drill driver, it's good for working in the workshop when the batteries can often be put back on the charger ... to work on a roof to drill and screw sheets you need the real 220V drill.
If you really need very powerful devices in very intensive use, the 220V is essential ... But wireless devices are now capable of very high performance and autonomy to the point that professional ranges now offer grinders, punches concrete, and all kinds of very practical tools powered by 18 or 36V with 4Ah batteries or nearly 150Wh or a 150W tool at full power for one hour or a 500W tool at full power for 20 minutes, which is huge ...
I know many technicians who only charge their batteries once a day, even a week ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/11/14, 20:52

the choice of tools requires thinking ... I had to fix electrical wire at the top of the wall ... we don't stop going up and down the ladder: the 220V drill is lighter than with battery, in addition with a neud on the electrical outlet you can lift it or hang it by the wire ... while the cordless drill falls like a stone if you do not know or put it down

in addition I have a remarkably light small electropneumatic 220V drill, and not a high-end one, just a good deal on a promo day at briko pots
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/11/14, 21:20

Of course, tools that break when falling are common ...
Fifteen years ago, I bought a battery riveter which was very handy for assembling the body panels of trucks.
The main advantage being the maneuverability obtained by no longer having to drag an extension. But she fell regularly and didn't like it at all.
I ended up requiring users to use it with a strap that they wore around their necks. They gained in productivity and me in reduction of repair costs ...

I couldn't stand using corded tools anymore, I spent more time getting out and storing the extension than working with the tool.
Today with my cordless tools I cut, I drill, I saw, I sand, I inflate ... in the blink of an eye. My batteries are always charged because I fixed the charger to the wall and they have their bearings and are systematically recharged after use.
I gained considerably in efficiency and storage time after work, because the storage of the wires is not easy [edited following the correction by Ahmed, which I thank].
Last edited by I Citro the 17 / 11 / 14, 22: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x