Hyperloop the train of the future?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hyperloop the train of the future?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/07/18, 01:30

We are still very far from the 574 TGV ... or the 603 Maglev ....

I am quite skeptical about the feasibility ... and the future of this hyperloop.

If we draw a parallel with computer science for example ... going faster is sometimes wasting time.
Browsers are fighting for records of page views ... ok
But as they lose over time many useful features useful to the user in the end the user loses time
I prefer an old browser that allows me to FAST what I have to do with it: which is my final goal.

Another example
The plane is faster than the TGV yet I generally lose more time to take the plane than the TGV for some destinations ...

A car drives much faster than an electric bike and yet in the city center the electric bike is often much faster to get from one point to another door to door than a car. (and I do not even talk about 2 motorized wheels ...) Image

etc.

Which does not detract from the techno prowess of the hyperloop: dream never hurts
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/07/18, 10:36

nico239 wrote:We are still very far from the 574 TGV ... or the 603 Maglev ....

We are enthusiastic about the Hyperloop but they are only models, this is not the case of the TGV and the Maglev.

This Hyperloop contest organized by Elon Musk does not have much interest, but it occupies. We are redoing what has already been experienced over and over again for a century and we will be faced with the same problems.

nico239 wrote:I am quite skeptical about the feasibility ... and the future of this hyperloop.

Hyperloop => hyper trick. https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/h ... rs.N695859

With Hyperloop, it is actually to discredit the principle of Maglev that the Japanese are looking to sell in the US now. We take the opportunity to spread a lot of untruths and it works.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 26/07/18, 11:03

Leo Maximus wrote:Hyperloop => hyper trick. https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/h ... rs.N695859

There are so many financial stakes behind this type of project that we should expect many criticisms and misinformation from critics and competitors ... And conversely, many false promises and information from the designers.

After the discreet R&D phase, now it's the Marketing Communication phase: it's commercial strategy and it is difficult to distinguish the true from the false!

As usual, we are often surprised by announced projects that seem incoherent but are realized (eg the Ségolène solar road), and by others that seem very relevant but do not see the day: the paths of research and innovation are impenetrable!
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/07/18, 11:22

Leo Maximus wrote:
nico239 wrote:We are still very far from the 574 TGV ... or the 603 Maglev ....

We are enthusiastic about the Hyperloop but they are only models, this is not the case of the TGV and the Maglev.

This Hyperloop contest organized by Elon Musk does not have much interest, but it occupies. We are redoing what has already been experienced over and over again for a century and we will be faced with the same problems.

nico239 wrote:I am quite skeptical about the feasibility ... and the future of this hyperloop.

Hyperloop => hyper trick. https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/h ... rs.N695859

With Hyperloop, it is actually to discredit the principle of Maglev that the Japanese are looking to sell in the US now. We take the opportunity to spread a lot of untruths and it works.

We agree Image
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/07/18, 11:23

Travel aboard the Hyperentourloop:

As we move inside a thick steel tube we can not see the landscape. Then the portholes will be replaced by screens (in 3D, I hope :D ). Awesome !!! : Lol:

hyperentourloop-1.jpg
hyperentourloop-1.jpg (27.24 KIO) Viewed 6058 times

The sad thing is that we are ready to waste millions on this project when there are huge needs elsewhere.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 26/07/18, 14:36

Leo Maximus wrote:Travel aboard the Hyperentourloop:
As we move inside a thick steel tube we can not see the landscape. Then the portholes will be replaced by screens (in 3D, I hope :D ). Awesome !!! : Lol:

This problem of portholes also exists with airliners!
The installation of portholes all along the fuselage of an airliner represents enormous technical constraints and costs to the point that some engineers have long suggested to remove them, and now replace them with flat screens and small cameras exterior.

http://www.air-journal.fr/2018-06-17-em ... 00413.html

Given the need to reduce costs for the manufacture of an aircraft and to fly it, it seems obvious that the solution of flat screens to replace the portholes of an aircraft will soon be implemented ... and possibly to be applied to cars! : Cheesy:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 26/07/18, 16:46

Grelinette wrote:The laying of portholes all along the fuselage of an airliner represents enormous technical constraints and costs to the point that some engineers have long suggested to remove them
The first studies of the Concorde provided for a fuselage without a porthole.
The decision makers of the time had judged this solution unacceptable (but it cost a lot, in weight, consumption, autonomy).

At the time, there were no flat screens ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/07/18, 18:47

Let's go back to earth. Hyperentourloop is a train project, no plane.

Hyperentourloop being fast as lightning, the passenger will support during the few minutes of the trip the lack of sight on the disfigured environment : Mrgreen: .
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/07/18, 11:42

nico239 wrote:... which does not detract from the techno prowess of the hyperloop: dream never hurts

Techno prowess, we wait for it. And we may wait a long time. The void, even partial, is the main obstacle. That's what sank the Swissmetro project and we do not talk about it.

In 2016 the Hyperloop project starts spectacularly with the presentation of the test of a linear motor prototype in the US desert. Video from France24:

The proto stops thanks to ... a sandbox (high technology, I imagine : Lol: )

54 years ago, in 1962, the Tokyo Rail Research Institute is experimenting with a linear motor proto for the transport of the future.
It stops electrically by reversing the current and can move in the 2 direction.
In 2016, the Hyperloop is not yet able and we present this to the press. There is no shame.

On YouTube there is a video of NHK World (in English) where you can see the 1962 proto in action.

It is from 2: 00.
A 2: 15 View of the proto when stopped then running in one direction.
A 2: 25 Stop then inversion of the direction of the march.
Then evolution with the passage of the rail in inverted T to the U in 1980 and one ends with "L Zero"today ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L0_Series ).

I did not find any videos on the S44 linear motor train. But everything has not been destroyed and there is a lot of information on the forum https://www.aerotrain.fr/forum/viewtopi ... f71b7eab96

A plan of the S44:

Aerotrain map S44.jpg
Aerotrain Plan S44.jpg (105.33 KIO) Viewed 5988 times
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 03/10/18, 21:49

Hyperloop TT tries to convince by unveiling its passenger capsule

the 02 / 10 / 2018 New Factory

The American company Hyperloop Transportation Technologies unveiled the October 2 its full-size passenger capsule at a ceremony in Spain. It is one of the leading companies in the hyperloop high-speed futuristic train project, which is still highly suspicious.

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/editorial ... 19.N749934
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."