Stirling factory in India?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Stirling factory in India?

by the middle » 29/11/08, 21:09

Hello,
When we look at the photos, we see that this company manufactures stirling in India 3.5 kw, if I understood correctly.

http://www.stirling-tech.com/cogeneration.html
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/11/08, 22:07

: Arrow: I like their logo:

The stirling, the VMC DF ... are the types of equipment that we must be able to manufacture in very large series at ultra competitive prices ...

Strongly that India, China or others flood us with these machines provided they are reliable and reasonably priced ... : Arrowl:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/11/08, 22:31

:? I have not seen what they heat their sirling with ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 30/11/08, 01:41

: Arrow: I saw a kind of boiler stove resembling a barrel of oil when lying down ... :?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/12/08, 10:20

Hello,
I looked a little more at the animal ..
It sounds interesting.
Automatic translation:
Total energy independence
. The ST-5 was designed for those who cannot easily and economically obtain grid power or who have realized the complete uncertainty of dependence on utilities to provide their electricity needs. If you need electricity in remote places where the power grid is not a feasible proposition; have experienced the inconvenience of the network failure; like to avoid utility forecast "rate shocks", have found the internal combustion engine unwanted backup for your wind turbine or photovoltaic; Actively researching alternative sources of energy for your safety and peace of mind, or simply if you desire an Independent Home Energy System or Greenhouse, the ST-5 may be the solution you are looking for. .
The ST-5 The ST-5
. The ST-5 is a robust engine designed to produce more than 5 hp of reliable mechanical power and on demand, directly from a variety of renewable energy sources and gaseous fuels.
. Its external combustion Stirling cycle eliminates spark plugs, fuel, injection systems, mufflers, harmful vapors and, very noticeably, the noise of internal combustion engines.
. This lack of complexity associated with the use of high quality sealed bearings and long service life impregnated with Teflon seals, eliminates the need for messy oil changes and makes possible a long and trouble free service life of the engine.
. The ST-5 has been designed to be usable with a minimum of basic hand tools.

. Acceptable between the different fuels are wood, wood pellets, pods and straw, peanut shells, weeds and hay, cotton waste, other agro-by-products, and natural gas.
This wide variety of suitable fuels ensures that you are able to produce your own fuel on your own land.

The ST-5 System and Operation The ST-5 and the system operation
. The function of the burner is to provide heat for heating at the head of the ST-5, which is inserted into the burner. Two burner options are now available for the ST-5. Two options are now available for the ST-5.
. A cyclone is a burner for small particles of fuel such as sawdust or other shredded biomass.
. The fuel is introduced into the burner either manually, as is the case with the wood of the burner or through a hopper, if small particles of fuel are used.
. Gaseous fuels may be used in the cyclone burner by modifying the intake port.
. The burner wood may contain enough fuel to run the engine at full speed for production of two to four hours (depending on the wood used).

Once the engine is started, the fan is managed by the ST-5 itself.
. Before the engine can be started, however, the blower must be operated for 10 minutes, either by a battery or a manual start until the heating temperature is reached.
. Once the temperature is high enough (ST-5 will start at temperatures around 950o F), a simple pull on the flywheel starts the engine.
. Once the temperature up to the engine is an easy and safe way to start, eliminating the need for multiple pulls on a recoil cord, as is often the experience with conventional engines.

Just as the ST-5 takes only a few minutes between the time you fire until the time you start, it also takes a long time to come to a stop, even after the supply of fuel has been cut off.
The reason is that the heat retained in the head heater is sufficient for it to operate for 10 to 15 minutes, but at lower power.

The cooling loop works like any automotive cooling system.
A small pump, operated by the engine, circulates the coolant (water or water and glycol) through an automotive radiator, while a fan mounted on the steering wheel blows air to through the radiator and unused discharges of heat into the atmosphere.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/12/08, 10:53

Funny the burner; a barrel ? : Cheesy:
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 02/12/08, 11:11

Another link from a stirling producer

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/100 ... rator.html
Last edited by phil53 the 02 / 12 / 08, 11: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/08, 11:18

citro wrote:Strongly that India, China or others flood us with these machines provided they are reliable and reasonably priced ... : Arrowl:

a) Chinese prices are not that cheap ... and they go up every month (increase in the standard of living and especially decrease in the $ ... how far?)

b) it's a safe bet that if it comes out one day, the selling prices in europe will be aligned with the rest of the market, the energy productivity of the device and with subsidies ...

c) Chinese and reliability ... hum hum ... I just mounted a solar kit for test (you will make a subject) the screws were not even adapted to the chassis ... : Mrgreen:

d) there will be more and more clever "ecoportunists" who will sell so-called "green" imported shit ... there are quite a few examples with wind turbines ...

If you want to find out about Chinese prices, contact some companies on alibaba.com ... sometimes there are even prices visible in public ... History of putting ideas back in place ...
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 12 / 08, 11: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/12/08, 11:18

Phil, which path should you follow to find your stirling?
(from your link)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/12/08, 11:24

Here, it's not Chinese, it's American, with factory in India
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."