EcoRider the diesel motorcycle, soon to vegetable oil?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/06, 12:59

Seen on: http://www.dieselbike.net/

Kubota engine drives a 52volt 3 phase generator from a chopper which in turn powers two 24v motors.

Hybrid Diesel Electric ... in my opinion even less than 2L / 100 ... although the SCx is not top : Cheesy:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/09/06, 13:40

Christophe wrote:Kubota engine drives a 52volt 3 phase generator from a chopper which in turn powers two 24v motors.

Hybrid Diesel Electric ... in my opinion even less than 2L / 100 ... although the SCx is not top : Cheesy:

Is it really a hybrid (ie alternating propulsion between thermal and electric)?

To me, it looks more like an electric motorcycle with a diesel "generator" attached to power the electric propulsion.

And, if that's really it, I ask the question of the relevance of the equation

code: Select all

Thermique -> electrique -> mécanique

compared to the standard equation

Thermique -> mécanique

One more transformation is more loss. Without counting the weight ....
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/06, 13:48

Targol wrote:And, if that's really it, I ask the question of the relevance of the equation

Thermique -> electrique -> mécanique

compared to the standard equation

Thermique -> mécanique

One more transformation is more loss. Without counting the weight ....

Yield curves, yield curves ... my little Targol :)

This explains the best hybrid consos despite an apparent overweight ... the engine works around the best speed (best specific consumption) ...

http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/tech/1/135.htm
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/09/06, 13:59

Ahhh OK, OK, OK.

When I told you in another thread that I was a big quiche in these areas, now you have proof : Cheesy:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/06, 14:04

There is no shame in not knowing ... on the other hand of not wanting to have! Which is not your case 8)
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/09/06, 14:09

It must be for the same reason that diesel locomotives actually have electric propulsion and that diesel is only used to supply electricity for the electric motor (at least when there is no catenary).
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/09/06, 16:46

Hello

No locomotives for a very different reason
I know in our factory we had two locomotives one electric diesel and the other with a hydraulic coupler, when there is a long train of wagons to pull the electric diesel and much more coupler at takeoff.
Certain boats because of their excessive length, the engines being placed in the middle of the boat, the propulsion shaft becomes long and undergoes flexion and distortion causing waves the folded boat. so the option is a generator engine and nacelle motors powered electric, easier to lay electric cables, more transmission for reverse gear, no need for variable pitch propeller. Low maintenance with AC motors.
What you should know that an electric motor (DC series motor)
as soon as the engine turns even at low speed it delivers almost all its power therefore it provides a large torque which will decrease with the RPM (this is why the starters are often series motors) (although the new permanent magnets more economical to build)
The diesel in itself even if we had a simple clutch, it would never be able to take off the wagon train at low RPM it has no force, so we rotate at good speed and the power available on the electric motor is there. .
In reality we have a very large transmission with the electric motor.

On a car this is a lot of weight and energy transformation, although a car with automatic hydraulic transmission there are also a lot of losses.
but since the availability of neodymium magnet and materials with high magnetic permeability have been able to make this electrical coupling fairly light, this allows to operate the engine to have an acceleration superior to all transmissions
it is the weight of the assembly and the construction cost that will determine the profitability of these procedures.

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/09/06, 18:44

Absolutely!
And the most rational solution is called: Hybrid Series

The efficiency of electric motors is generally greater than 95%. : Arrowu:
In addition, the electric motors have their maximum torque when starting. We can therefore do without a clutch.
Finally, this allows the heat engine to operate at its best speed; that of its maximum torque, this is impossible with a mechanical transmission, even with continuously variable boxes (variator).

Finally, this architecture makes it possible to suppress all the transmission, It is then a question of
Wheel motor
It is considered that the transmission (clutch, gearbox, differential (s), universal joints) absorb 15 to 30% of the engine power. this value would even increase with the proliferation of 4x4s, traction control, ESP ...

We are starting to develop these architectures on heavy weights and buses ...
this makes it possible to divide consumption BY 2 !!!
As well as the capacity and the power of thermal engines!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 01/09/06, 22:30

The only problem with wheel motors is the increase in unsprung masses with the deterioration of road behavior that accompanies it.

Well it is true that this can encourage you to reduce your speed and go in the direction of saving energy.

It is also a change of mentalities ....
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/09/06, 14:35

Christophe wrote:
Targol wrote:I had read somewhere that on the latest generations of engines, the perf / consumption ratio tended to come closer between petrol and diesel.
I read wrong ?

I don't know I didn't see the article lol .... but it said that who is closer to whom? But maybe he meant that we are making very powerful diesel at the power / weight level currently (hence their appearance in rally) ...

Motor-Nature talks about it right here !
Apparently, that's not it yet ...
Yet the 1.4 TSI from VW is one of the most successful gasoline blocks in terms of performance / consumption.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."