brake discs BMW 118d more than 100 HS after 000km!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Did67

by Did67 » 09/09/14, 09:57

I recall that according to investigations of the UFC Que Choisir, one of the most reliable cars is ... the Dacia (well ahead of BMW, Mercedes, VW) ... It was repeated. Fuardait that I find the ranking ...

There are also memory, Honda ...

But we can also question the sampling of these investigations. I was surprised at the difference of classification of the Aygo, the C1 and 107, which come from the same plant and for the C1 and 107, near the logo are strictly the same product!

As I mentioned, I had Citroën who blithely exceeded 300 000 km without intervention other than wear ...

Now my son has a Golf. This is not bad either!

I especially believe that apart from a few models which still have "congenital" flaws, the level of quality has leveled a lot. No wonder, the same software is used to design parts for just about every brand ...

The days of the Citroën like a rusty tin of sardines ... It's no longer the case.

There's just that when you sell a VW 2 or 3 000 euros more than an equivalent model from another brand, can indeed cure the plastic glove! But the engine, running gear, brakes are the same on Seat or Skoda ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/14, 11:00

my ZX 94 has rotted sills by stricktly inside without any hitch or visible damage to the outside (and not only) when I saw a corrosion point in the right front door j 'I have supported over fist that passed through : Shock: it was rotten until the middle of the door ... arrierre
The Dacia earns more reliable than its lack of any frills and it knows the number of failure increases exponentially with the number of pieces .. It is on that without air conditioning without da is not likely to be bugged with aircon and the da ..

On the Passat has Mamita (former taxi my brother) in 300 000km there was a debimetre and an EGR valve changed ...

There she has a problem parking brake (a seer who alumme default when everything works probably the button brake or adjustment of the clutch sensor)
Regarding the series golf..La 2 my son (a 1600TD 80cv) is really quite good mechanical condition it was a first hand and part of normal maintenance bills had nothing blatant in fact over and she walks fire dieu..Sauf the 2eme creaky (but good with a double disengaging it does not crack) and a small smell of LDR on the inside that tells me that the heating radiator (made in France by valeo) will not make old bones ... As against the driver upholstery (Recaro) was completely dead cassée..L'ai armature replaced by a saddlery G3 VR6 is slap ass but when you're in there you sit outside ... the plasticky do we not aged very well but we had them a shot of an old product chopper in my ca workshop gave them clicking ..

To brake the Caisse Christophe ... Other ideas that dog piss (placid nitrik gaston lagaffe) or rim cleaner cocacola ???
Because it really is not at all normal wear ..
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/09/14, 14:52

Macro wrote: ... In returning to Christophe brakes ...

The rear brakes should be in the same state as the front brakes. The linings of the drum brake which is located inside the disc fragment and fall to pieces:

This is "normal" wear and tear. : Shock:
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 14/09/14, 20:44

Bonjour,
the state of your records is because you're in a highly oxidizing environment. the frequency and the braking pressure are not sufficient for the deoxidation of the surface of the disc. Rust continues to grow and this rusty surface becomes harder than the composition of platelets. So wear pads front discs and brand discs n 'change anything there.
The remedy is to make revisions real well by cleaning the entire brake system.

jlg
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 18/09/14, 09:24

Hi guys,

Interesting this problem Christophe brake.

I have the same thing on my Subaru Outback. When I use (once a month now, before many more), I will not hesitate to kick it once hot to just rust all and make the engine run a normal potential.

It does not prevent that my records are in the same state as you. The entire braking system was completely rotten, I managed to recover what I could, I will finish the pads currently fitted before changing everything.

They are second up pieces (Ferrodo for platelets, not terrible at all). At TRW, in general this is completely shabby and ca disintegrates very quickly too.

My drives have avancees corrosion. Have you an idea of ​​the brand of your apartment, if you could find the inscription somewhere?

A little hassle for a high-end model : Shock: since it is the H6 in my case (I use it to pull heavy loads, trailer with horse). I think all "premium" brands are the same now : Shock: (Well mine is 2001).

I never had a problem on the previous Skoda Superb (first version).

The Japanese and American cars also have the brake system has hand with the inside of the disc which serves as drum.
The cons I'm not quite agree with you, I find it a lot because it's a real emergency braking system in case the primary circuit is out of order, and I was the clever editing. Why you find it bad?

By cons it is true that I have to take a look at these jaws, because they are a weird bunch of noise and seem just seized : Mrgreen: .

Finally, for my part, if a stirrup hangs or I have a hydraulic failure, I'll be glad to have this backup system (if the brake is active hand the system in question is down, it does nou not get much help ...).
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/09/14, 10:26

I find the little drum brake is the center of the wrong disk because it is small

make it bigger drum would be difficult: too heavy and would reduce the remaining space for the main disk

the best way and use the same disc for brake and parking brake, but of course with different tour

The simplest is to put different plate for hand brake cable with a command: The default is generally put on the handbrake fairly small plate that wear out quickly, but it is less severe than the drum in the center because the wafer can be easy to change and cheap

the best system is a mechanical system that can grow on the same wafer as the main obstacle: indepandant hydraulics, and taking advantage of all the effectiveness of the main brake ... is the system's in the citroen BX, and the front wheel, which is even more effective than the rear wheel
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 18/09/14, 10:45

Ok I understand your point of view.

By cons I'm not too hot on the fact to use as inserts for hand brake because a drum has a greater potential for a braking system similarly dimensioned, and in case of emergency braking is what matters (the disadvantage of endurance with the holding in temperature does not arise in this case).

I remember this system in the Citroen Xantia on, for me it is a great bullshit: once on the snow, with the hydraulic system cuts because the wheels lock / the clutch slips and ended up stalling (thank you HS hydraulic pump once the engine put out!), and the front wheels lock because the parking brake activates the system at the front as you say goodbye and the maneuverability on the drive and steering wheels : Mrgreen:.

We are left without anything and more with a rescue system that makes the situation worse. It's been funny. We came close cartoning that day, so never again mounted stuff that way for me.

I prefer the old mini-drums system for my safety.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/09/14, 19:57

chatelot16 wrote:The simplest is to put different plate for hand brake cable with a command: The default is generally put on the handbrake fairly small plate that wear out quickly But this is less serious than the drum in the center because the wafer can be easy to change and cheap

The problem is not so much wear pads or brake design in itself but rather the fact that you can ride with no view (LED off with a little brake pulled, that's where we made wear). The brake pads that should not wear! but locking the wheels the vast majority of their time of use. :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/09/14, 20:35

it's true that when all goes well the handbrake never have to wear: it stops the vehicle with brake foot and blocked him there with the handbrake

As the parking brake works well it should be unable to start by forgetting ... with me as a bit clumsy on the clamp when the parking brake is not tighten persone may start by forgetting .. . the problem begins when you shake the hand brake not strong enough, we can start by forgetting and we use half the plate ... just start over several times for every user

it's a little sad to see the gadget multutude added to current cars, without solving the real important problem!

I like the agricultural tractor handbrake coupled with the brake foot: it applies the brake by pressing the pedal: the hand brake lever is used to lock the brake tightened by the foot
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/09/14, 09:14

There's even more effective, and then no one forgets that the : Cheesy:
http://caravaning-univers.com/cale-roue ... tAodeHMAVQ
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."