Diesel engines in light aviation and ULM, dieselis gazaile

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/05/08, 23:20

Hello
Woodcutter wrote:
loop wrote:[...] Some complain about the noisy activity of their neighbors and harm a majority of people who want a peaceful living environment [...] +
In this regard, I never understood why the planes flew in free exhaust! Is it so complicated to put mufflers?

Many aircraft have a Cessna, Piper ect original silencer.
On a certified aircraft, the slightest modification requires a long and complex STC process,
Often the propeller makes more noise than the Cessna 180 engine

In aircraft, technology evolves very slowly, most of the engines have the breather in the open air, we are far from the catalyst.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/10, 16:50

The website of Serge Pennec and the gazaile has been updated: http://gazaile2.free.fr/

Read in particular http://gazaile2.free.fr/diesel.php

Some dieselis gazaille were built, type dieselis in on this page: http://tagazous.free.fr/search.php
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/09/10, 22:49

Thank you for the info !

with the creation of a new machine that can be airplane or ULM, depending on the wing, it is GAZ'AILE 2.
It is a classic wooden construction, hence an economical machine, the final cost is around 8000 Euros.

Flights of 800 km without stopovers were made in 4 h with 28 liters of fuel.

I am in the process of obtaining the Paramotor certificate at the moment, to at the same time train myself in paragliding, the cost of a paramotor in working order is around 9000 € !! and as soon as there is more than 20km / h of wind or a crappy aerology, we stay on the ground : Cry:

Okay, but he doesn't say how many hours it takes to set up his machine, I'm going to ask him :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/09/10, 00:10

André said:

most engines have the breather in the open air

It's still terrible, when we see the longevity of current engines (475000 km with a Peugeot 806 before reselling it, after I don't know ...)

as long as we don't have that electronic touch!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/10, 10:20

Capt_Maloche wrote:I am in the process of obtaining the Paramotor certificate at the moment, to at the same time train myself in paragliding, the cost of a paramotor in working order is around 9000 € !! and as soon as there is more than 20km / h of wind or a crappy aerology, we stay on the ground : Cry:

Well done, is that you in the photo?

9000 € it's expensive for a toy : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Used you find real ULM with closed two-seater cell for 10 000 € ... and the paramotor is a hobby, ULM can be a real means of travel.

With the ULM, there are other constraints (storage, finding a track, etc.). You're still much less free than the paramotor ... but the paramotor you will not do much more than hop jumps :) but for fun it's good!

I did not know that a specific paramotor patent was needed.

Capt_Maloche wrote:Okay, but he doesn't say how many hours it takes to set up his machine, I'm going to ask him :D

We generally talk about 3 to 4 years (all of his free time) so 20 to 30 years for you given the little free time you have (job) : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/09/10, 23:54

Laugh ! 8)

For the para-engine, it is a pilot instruction, it is necessary to pass the ULM certificate degree1 or class1
it is the same basis as for civil aviation !! I was very surprised, the course is extremely complete, you must know the altimetry rules adapted to on-board avionics (QNH, QNE, QFE) so that you don't even have to have an alti on you , aerology, the semi-circular rule common to all civil and military aviation, even if in paramotors you generally only stay in uncontrolled airspace (EANC) under the 3000 feet, the total what, and so much better after all.

to the point that, with the paramotor patent in your pocket, you only have one additional module to pass to have the 3 axes patent, which I will do right after :D

hold, I had 2 answers concerning the manufacture of its own model in 3 axes, the diesel or the Gaz'Aile2:

Hello,
As you can see on my site I am only the manufacturer of
this plane. To obtain a license and a bundle of plans, you must contact
the designer, Mr. Serge Pxxx, to: xxx.serge @ neuf.fr

For your information, this aircraft is NOT A KIT, but a TOTAL construction
on plans. It takes around 3000 hours of real work if you are
already a good handyman, and more if it isn't. the construction budget and
the order 10 000 to 15 000 euros depending on the avionics equipment and
various sources of raw material supply. This does not include
the tools if you need to equip yourself, nor the consumables related to this type
activity.

I remind you of the prerequisites that I consider necessary for this launch and especially
succeed in such an adventure:

The prerequisites for embarking on this project are:

* Have lots of time available.
* have a suitable room and if possible at home (my garage is 40m2).
* Have the overall budget or be able to release monthly
finances needed.
* Have a good level of DIY (and you will still have lots of things to
learn).
* Be patient and meticulous (leave over a period of 4 to 5 years so as not to
being dissapointed).
* Have a favorable family environment and able to accept
inconvenience of a construction.
* Be stable on a family and professional level (having children in
young ages and a professional career to boost are situations
unfavorable to successful construction).

So if all of these lights are green, then only you can put full
gas and take your phone to contact the designer of your plane.
Personally I took ten years of preparation to meet all these criteria.

cordially

JJ

et

working time is very variable from one individual to another and it is also a function of his means (local tools, relationships !!!) and the quality of the work, there is one person who put 9 months! !!! it's not very polished
another 2 ans, Ballot 3 ans 1 / 2, which must be an average time, but what I can tell you is that you have to have time, you have all the other criteria but if you don't have time can last from 5 to 8 years
As a lot of manufacturers could not make the metal parts, we produced the metal parts, there is also a batch of rods and plywood distributed by an industrialist, there are also all the molds of the composite parts which circulating, it saves a lot, a lot of time but it's not at all a kit as we understand it, the doc is very very detailed,

I made you a summary of the slightly shortened bundle, to give you an idea,
You can download it here

xxxxxxx (PS Capt_Maloche: I have loaded the package for info)

The file is protected by the following password: gazaile
there is no need for a name, only the password

copy the address and put it in your page to go to the web
it doesn't always work by clicking on it directly
10 mins ago
files are compressed with winrar, winzip also works
it's free on the web if you don't have it

to download, we have PB with free right now, you really have to insist and target off-peak hours

The plans are valid for the ULM and the AIRPLANE they consist essentially of a downloadable CD (what you had in sample)

you will find many photos + of 3000 and plans to print in A4 or A0 format and explanatory text for the construction, addresses for the purchase of materials, construction technology,
They cost 300 euros, (check payable to Pennec) possibility of paying in two checks over two months (it's the crisis)

On receipt I will give you an address for downloading the plans and the doc (a bit like for the samples)

I will also give you access to forum

Our association also produces most of the metal parts of the gaz'aile

which greatly facilitates the realization of the machine,

Similarly, you can have all the molds to make the composite parts
The ULM version has just flown, this year there will be other machines in flight

It differs from the airplane version by larger wings

You can start construction without having made the decision whether it is an airplane or an ULM

Le forum allows exchanges between manufacturers, and also to make group purchases at the best prices,

learn about building tips and tricks, we're not alone

I also use it to "refresh" the plans, and to make improvements in view of the problems that some may encounter, the documentation is improving day by day, and a new updated CD is downloadable every 6 months.

Do not hesitate to call me if you want more info.
the device is visible in BREST there is no problem to come
try

see as well on

http://gazaile2.free.fr/

http://gazaile2.nmr7.free.fr/index.html

http://aviongazaile44.wifeo.com/index.php
http://www.passionavion.com/gazaile.html

Serge Pennec
Kerhallet
29280 Locmaria Plouzané
02xx xx xx xx

Regards
SERGE

if you tell me in which part of france you are i would give you addresses of builders to see, to give you a more precise idea

It is not won
Better that I save ...
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 05 / 05 / 11, 23: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/09/10, 09:34

Super answers! Thank you!

Ask Pennec if you can leave the "bundle demo" link on the forum because it will interest the world. I like their pragmatism 8)

Still, I was almost right for you:

Christophe wrote:20 to 30 years for you given the little free time you have (job) : Lol: : Lol:

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 27/09/10, 12:21

Woodcutter wrote:
Cuicui wrote:Will have to see the weight / power ratio ...
Ben, their parallel twin engine 1,4 l (that of the bike) develops 100 ch and weighs a priori 90 kg ...

It remains heavy, so not much interest.
Thank you for the info.
Last edited by Cuicui the 27 / 09 / 10, 12: 28, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/09/10, 12:24

We are talking about a twin diesel engine.
And you will hardly find better in diesel I think ...

In gasoline, the rsv has a V2 engine of 65 kg which makes 130 cv ... it's better but it's gasoline ...

BMW has exceeded the bar of 200 cv with its 4 motorcycle cylinders on its BMW S 1000 RR, the engine must not exceed 80 kg ... I speak in free but road version ... on the circuit we do better but at the expense reliability.

ps: I like the evolution of cuicui https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteurs-di ... 50-10.html

Cuicui en 2006 wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:
Cuicui wrote:Will have to see the weight / power ratio ...
Ben, their parallel twin engine 1,4 l (that of the bike) develops 100 ch and weighs a priori 90 kg ...

What to transform the Gaz'Aile into a rocket :D
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/09/10, 21:26

Oh well yes!

I think I can this extract from the package, there is only the beginning of the documents, it gives a good idea of ​​the job

I made you a summary of the slightly shortened bundle, to give you an idea,
You can download it here

xxxxxxx (deleted at the author's request on 05 / 05 / 2011, Capt_Maloche)

The file is protected by the following password: xxxxx
there is no need for a name, only the password
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 05 / 05 / 11, 23: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x