Cars: reliability ranking of brands, from 1984 ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/09, 18:35

Here is the topic on the ecological impact of manufacturing a car at the factory (figures from BMW) which will very judiciously complement this one!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/11/09, 18:53

Christophe wrote:[...]I do not congratulate Renault ... but Formula 1 it is true that it is expensive ... to the customer ... I understand! : Mrgreen: : Evil:
Well, on the contrary, I congratulate them!
The increase in the breakdown rate is very significant if we compare the early 2000s with 2008! (must say that they were far away ... : roll:)

Furthermore, concerning F1:
- Renault is the team which achieved the best results in its "good" period (before this year we will say ...) with the smallest budget,
- GHOSN has always said: "We continue F1 as long as it costs nothing!" It is understood that Renault Sport is responsible for supplying the engines and the "chassis" part is paid by the sponsors ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/09, 18:58

a) As long as we do not know if it is related to the same number of vehicles in circulation, this kind of thing is worth nothing ... or not much!

There is no ferrari in the classification, however level reliability I believe that there is difficially worse !! (HS at 50km ...).

b) It is normal that there is less breakdown with a recent vehicle than that which is 10 years old, right? Uh question: it is not the year of manufacture of the vehicles the column of the years? Because all of the numbers go down a lot ... so I thought that was it!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/11/09, 19:22

Christophe wrote:[...]
b) It is normal that there is less breakdown with a recent vehicle than that which is 10 years old, right? Uh question: it is not the year of manufacture of the vehicles the column of the years? Because all of the numbers go down a lot ... so I thought that was it!
Ah?
I had not seen it like that ... I thought it was the breakdowns according to the years?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/09, 19:25

Well I don't know ... pkoi it drops sharply for all manufacturers?

I believe everything is explained here: Image but I have a little trouble understanding everything ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/11/09, 19:26

Christophe wrote:[...] There is no ferrari in the classification, however level reliability I believe that there is difficially worse !! (HS at 50km ...). [...]
It seems normal to me that the very underrepresented brands are not in this type of classification: difficult to make stats on 4000 vehicles per year in total in the world!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/09, 19:28

Of course Bucheron ... but the others should ALSO be reported on their market penetration!

Bon Remundo is good in German I think!
Or Did67!

Houhouh !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/11/09, 19:44

Normal that the "worst" do not appear there, they simply do not arrive at a sufficient score to appear ...

In addition, in one place it is clearly stated that these are the vehicles among the "most common" sold. Which is obviously interesting when looking for "OCCAZES" parts in a scrapyard ... (whatever ... for the electrical / electronic parts: see below)

Anyway, whatever the method, since it's the same for everyone, that's already it. Again repeat: to be based on the first (1997) with an accentuation of weighting obtained from the score of that which treats of the "most reliable engines", as well as to avoid those with the big troubles of vehicle blocked because of the sprawling part of diagnostic electronics, and other "multiplexing" boxes: which are not there "for your beautiful eyes", but to infuse the challand and make it dependent on a "network garage" and prevent it from getting out of it and repair by itself.

One of the low-cost "ad" garages I interviewed told me that it would soon be impossible to repair many parts yourself (you would have guessed that ... ' spa)

The most reliable cars at the electronic level are Italian, Japanese and Korean.
These are the Mazda, Toyota and Honda brands for the Japanese and Lancia, Fiat and Alfa Romeo for the Italians.

Why such reliability? The reason is that they turned very little to a technology that was still too immature in the early 2000s. This technology is the multiplexing box (which has therefore caused many worries to those who have used it). The multiplexing box allows the management of the electrical supply of several organs by reducing the number of electric wires to the maximum.
Those with mixed electronic reliability

The German women were strongly affected. Excessive use of electronics has caused numerous bugs and malfunctions.

Most known faults:

* Starter cards (which replace the classic keys) which are deprogrammed. Result: the car no longer wants to start.
* Problems with window lifters: very annoying when it rains and the window does not want to go up ...
* Instrument panel lights that turn on for no apparent reason

Most affected models: BMW 3 series, Volkswagen Polo, Golf 4, Bora, NewBeetle
Electronic breakdowns: least reliable cars

And yes, the French are the worst in terms of electronic reliability even if over time many problems have been resolved.

Most known faults:

* Starter cards (which replace the classic keys) which are deprogrammed. Result: the car no longer wants to start.
* Problems on the electronic service box
* Instrument panel lights that start flashing for no apparent reason

The most affected models: Renault Mégane 2, Espace 4, Scénic 2, Laguna 2 (phase 1), Citroën C3, C5, Xsara, Peugeot 407, 307, 206

Source: index-auto.fr

Is it the truth? No, not quite yet ...

Contrary to what is written in the article, failures and "reliability problems" are not due to immature technology, but because - and around a desire to control the "item sold" beyond the period guarantee in order to impose an (inter) dependence of "challands pigs" - indeed, when repairing a vehicle with an electrical component, they must ask the parent company for an installation / validation code, this code must to have entered the same day through a "plug" of the diagnostic device, otherwise the vehicle does not "respond" and even if the part is "functional" it does not work. And this practice is becoming generalized: a real scandal (another thing for PBS, I tell you ...). From now on, if you are going to supply yourself with electronic / electronic parts in a self-deconstruction - inquire before, because it is quite possible that a part in perfect working order will not work - simply because it has not. "received authorization to operate" by the on-board computer ...

Now prefer "Kia" type vehicles, which still have a "basic" electrical circuit.

This is where we should get a "good ratio" of "econological" quality over time (lol).
Last edited by Obamot the 05 / 11 / 09, 20: 23, 1 edited once.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/11/09, 20:22

We understand why the Kia CEED is guaranteed for 7 years ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 06/11/09, 10:30

Hello,

FYI, I scanned a Que Choisir document from 1984 classifying cars (<1600 cm3) according to their reliability.

We only take into account breakdowns that resulted in the immobilization of the vehicle. The table also gives the cost price per kilometer and the average consumption.

The classification of manufacturers is about the same as today.
0 x