Can there be ecological transportation?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 03/03/12, 16:59

There is no "ecological" motorized transport, only means "less worse" than the others ... :frown:

Any infrastructure causes a change in the environment.
Given the damage already caused, it is now necessary to choose the ones that remain the most acceptable!

The train is certainly one of the best solutions, however the choices of the SNCF in the matter seem to me sometimes contradictory, for example, certain railcars have a consumption largely superior to coaches, see has well filled automobiles.
On the other hand, the development of LGVs leave me perplexed as to the concept of respect for the environment.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/03/12, 16:53

0 x
sergioli
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

ecological transport

by sergioli » 27/08/12, 17:10

Hello,

There are several types of transport that refer to ecology but they depend mainly on the structure and infrastructure of the
welcoming city. From the skatedrive, to the vélib, via the Segway and the electric scooter and scooter, there is a whole choice (I talk about it on my blog here http://deplacementecologique.wordpress.com/ ). What is especially lacking now is the economic capacity to do everything to promote them.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/08/12, 15:10

hello sergioli
individual electric means of transport are not ecological means, but means that pollute little towns, (which makes a huge difference) and leaving this pollution (especially nuclear) to the countryside by power plants and reprocessing sites.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/08/12, 15:25

transport is like heating ... the most ecological heating is good insulation which reduces heating

the most ecological transport, it is the good organization of society allowing to dispense with transport

when there was no good means of transport we managed to make accommodation around the factories ... now we make the accommodation 50 km from the jobs and we complain that the transport is too expensive ... and especially done waste too much time ...
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 28/08/12, 16:46

sen-no-sen wrote:The train is certainly one of the best solutions

Bof, that's not what you think Remundo : Cheesy:

In Clermont Ferrand, it takes at least to drag 4 people (per wagon)
A source of inspiration for rational individual transport.

https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-voiture ... -2890.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/08/12, 17:19

the train is efficient since it has operated with inefficient steam engines which have never been able to be efficient with any other vehicle

the train is efficient when it is slow is fully loaded

now the TGV which runs at 300km / h I have a doubt

the TER which passes near me with an average of 1,5 passengers and the noise of an impressive diesel, I have a big doubt

the station near me was not only closed, but the building and the land sold!

another line crossing this one has been completely dismantled

public transport can only be used with a sufficient network ... the more it is reduced the less it is useful ... as much as to demolish everything completely

at the start of the TGV between Angouleme and Paris there were still classic trains at night: cheaper than the TGV ... now there is no choice: that the TGV too expensive, more expensive than petrol than you have to put in the car!

the train was efficient when the equipment lasted 50 years with very little wagon maintenance ... now TGV is almost like planes ...

the train must adapt to customer needs ... there are rich and hurried customers ... but there will be more and more ecological or stingy customers, and it deserves different trains

the sncf has miserably neglected the transport of the goods: it will be necessary to recover there ... and with wagon of economic traveler in more!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/08/12, 18:44

chatelot16 wrote:[...] now there is no longer the choice: that the tgv too expensive, more expensive than the gasoline which it is necessary to put in the car! [...]
The cost of using a personal motor vehicle is far from being linked solely to the cost of the fuel it consumes ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/08/12, 19:37

Gildas wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:The train is certainly one of the best solutions

Bof, that's not what you think Remundo : Cheesy:

In Clermont Ferrand, it takes at least to drag 4 people (per wagon)

So I invite you to take the RER to Paris ... and I'm not drawing you a picture of what's going on in Mumbai, India! : Lol:

If some trains are empty, it is because of the development of the automobile which made certain lines deserted.
When the price of fuel will drop to 3 or 4 euros per liter we will talk about it ...

The photo that you put is particularly interesting, it shows a CC72100 with a team of 7 intercity coral type cars with a capacity of 88 seats.
On certain lines it is possible that 15 to 17 cars are coupled, with only one powerplant ...
This makes nearly 1200 people transported (this was the case during a recent Marseille / Toulon trip that I made).
At 300L / 100km this makes 0,25l per 100km per passenger.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/08/12, 20:05

the train could be good if it was used well!

lighter gear is needed for small lines! with more economical equipment there could be more frequent passage, and small lines could become useful again ... whereas with 2 passage per day it is useless

and they manage to be bad too on the overcrowded suburban lines, where they are unable to put a sufficient number of passes to accommodate everyone

the management of the sncf is done as in 1850 with unchanging program without taking into account the real frequentation ... whereas with the current means we could adapt the number of wagon and even increase the number of train according to the passenger who arrive
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."