Vehicle with hydrogen gas? Is it possible?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Aristot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Aristot » 23/01/07, 09:40

Bonjour à tous

It seems that some American and Canadian "hobbyists" experimenting / researching the generation and use of hydrogen to power our explosive engines have found individual solutions. when do you think ?

www.youtube.com

in the search engine of this site type: hydrogen, hydrogen power, hydrogen car.
These small videos are numerous and impressive
0 x
1g experience is often worth more than 100 Kg theory
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 23/01/07, 12:39

Aristot wrote:Bonjour à tous

It seems that some American and Canadian "hobbyists" experimenting / researching the generation and use of hydrogen to power our explosive engines have found individual solutions. when do you think ?

www.youtube.com

in the search engine of this site type: hydrogen, hydrogen power, hydrogen car.
These small videos are numerous and impressive

when searching, there should be some stuff in there:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
0 x
jo0987
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

End

by jo0987 » 24/01/07, 16:49

actually the volume of gaseous hydorgene by aport to its energy intake is too low. Rather, I am going to launch myself towards the alternative of biofuel. So I leave my project in stan by for now

thank you all hi alp
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 26/01/07, 10:50

Hello everyone,

Woodcutter wrote:The problem is that if the hydrogen has a fairly large PCI relative to its mass (120 MJ / kg), it is also an extremely light gas ... (0,08988 kg / Nm3) suddenly, in a liter of gas, there is only 11 kJ left ... This is the equivalent of 250 mg of diesel, which would allow an average sedan to move forward ..... 5 m!

I do not know where you come from that in a liter of gas there is only 11KJ left!?!
The real problem of H2 is not in its heat capacity but more in its volatility and its ability to cross any wall (and yes, even steel !!) because it is the smallest particle existing on Earth ... It crosses all the walls ...
Thus, imagine a person who lug his H2 tank in the vehicle and that a spark appears in the passenger compartment ... Suddenly, he will go to the moon, already tanned by his fuel rather than by solar radiation, hehe !

PCI and PCS H2 (if I remember correctly) are among the most important among all hydrocarbons ...
And, tjrs if I remember correctly, we more commonly call motors using H2, water motors, right ?! Because the rejected waste is only water, according to the preheat quality of purification of your fuel and your oxidizer, obviously ...

[Modify Modo Targol] Correction of Quotes [/ Mod Modo Targol]
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/01/07, 01:27

When you make a quote, try to do it correctly, it is much clearer for those who read you ...

ThierrySan wrote:[...] I do not know where you come from that in a liter of gas there is only 11KJ left!?! [...]
Calculation! It's not complicated...
If the figures I found are good, that's what it remains at the end, but you are free to redo them.

Come on, I'm nice, I'll give you details:
- PCI = 120 MJ / kg (it is indeed very high ... compared to the mass gain !!!) In parentheses, hydrogen is not a hydrocarbon ... 8)
- density = 0,08988 kg / Nm3 (normal cubic meter, ie at 20 ° C I believe). It is VERY low ... It means that a dm3 (= one liter) will weigh 1/1000 of 0,08988 kg or less than 0,1 grams (0,08988 grams exactly).
So of our 120 MJ / kg at the start, (= 120 kJ / g) there is not even a tenth left.
Exactly 120 x 0,08988 = 10,78 kJ ...

ThierrySan wrote:[...] The real problem of H2 is not in its heat capacity but more in its volatility and its capacity to cross any wall (and yes, even steel !!) because it is the smallest particle on Earth ... It crosses all walls ...
Thus, imagine a person who lug his H2 tank in the vehicle and that a spark appears in the passenger compartment ... Suddenly, he will go to the moon, already tanned by his fuel rather than by solar radiation, hehe !
There are mixing conditions (in percentage) for the hydrogen to explode in the air. Furthermore, storage can be done in gaseous form, under high pressure.

ThierrySan wrote:[...] And, tjrs if my memories are good, one calls more commonly the motors using H2, water motors, right ?! Because the rejected waste is only water, according to the preheat quality of purification of your fuel and your oxidizer, obviously ...
No, the water engine does not exist, otherwise we would all run on CO2 engines ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
tigman
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tigman » 13/02/07, 05:12

Here is 2 years a student in auto mechanics had the passion of the subject and to develop a tank to weld to make electrolise to feed a conventional engine, it modify its contraption during almost 8 months. at the end of his training he had successfully completed his project.

To limit the energy requirement for the electrolysis he uses a high frequency generator ideally 42,000hz was required but he did not have the $$$ for a powerful generator so he had to make an assembly with a generator of 25,000hz . Sufficient for the needs of experience.
It assumed that the water is easier to electrolyze if it is traversed by high frequencies and thus the volume of gas production is ok for the operation of the engine.

And all without storage : Lol:

The project was carried out by 3 ti-guys of 17 years old whose master thinker of the project is today a metal singer not yet known and the 2 friends disappeared in the flood of life.

the project / realization of our students are not always known to the public even if it would perhaps advance things.

Ed
0 x
GMC 6.2 Tvg 1992
VW Jetta 2000 720,000km :D
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 13/02/07, 10:43

Hello,

It's OK for the Bucheron calculation.
However, I wanted to focus more on the difference between the calorific value of H2 and hydrocarbons. Everything would have to be brought back to the mole so that a comparison could be made. Indeed, a liter of liquid is not the equivalent of a liter of gas ...

For example, Ariane transports H2 for takeoff and not any hydrocarbon ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 13/02/07, 11:01

tigman wrote:To limit the energy requirement for the electrolysis he uses a high frequency generator ideally 42,000hz was required but he did not have the $$$ for a powerful generator so he had to make an assembly with a generator of 25,000hz . Sufficient for the needs of experience.
It assumed that the water is easier to electrolyze if it is traversed by high frequencies and thus the volume of gas production is ok for the operation of the engine.

And all without storage : Lol:

Ed

of course without storage! it is the purpose of rolling in water or with water, it is to produce the combustible gas (almost) instantaneously, whether it is electrically or mechanically!

but this site is still in its infancy since other subjects ... pollute the subject! :D yet all the techniques and skills are there, but not always shared and accessible.

if not, would someone have a way to make high frequencies in on-board 12V? you still need the copper coil transformer? I imagine that a radio would not be powerful enough? : Lol: I have many plans to solder a GBF, but a GHF, and in 12V?

good to you;
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 13/02/07, 12:56

It does not seem impossible to me ... It is only necessary to change the ordering strategy!

Could you be able to find your happiness on this site, a real complete library of electronics:
http://www.abcelectronique.com/

: Wink:
0 x
dspix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dspix » 13/02/07, 14:15

Oi tudo bem...

A question in passing:

Hydrogen is beautiful ...

but the hydrogen must be extracted and compressed in very large quantities ...

By doing fairly simple calculations, we can realize that if 10% of the French fleet passes tomorrow from oil to H2, it will take the equivalent of a nuclear power plant in addition to supply the production units ...

We must not delude ourselves ... In France, electricity contributes less than 20% to the country's energy consumption ...

A+
dspix
0 x