6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: 6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 18:40

thibr wrote:not physics but the electronic power components and the servo to drive everything : Wink:

I don't know if there have been so many major developments in power electronics on the grid side in the past 30 years ...

By cons since there are better batteries and super condos ....

In terms of energy management and investment cost, I think an on-board battery to make a micro-hybrid storing the energy of X braking (with X <5) to help the next start instead of pumping on the network is much better than network injection ... AMHA!

thibr wrote:just as if you had the opportunity to repeat water injection tests it would be much easier to put electronics to optimize the operation than in 2001.

There yes, with the Arduino and co, we do miracles at a reduced price!

And it is never too late to act: there is (at least) 100 years of oil (yes!)!

thibr wrote:the only time I used this train it broke down :( and we went down on foot : Mrgreen:

No luck but it's been a nice hike !!

It seems to me that it broke down this summer a few weeks after my visit ... (I swear spit jury is not me, I have not sabotaged the non recovery of energy !!! : Cheesy: )
0 x
Christophe

Re: 6 Half-Metros that stop 2 out of 4 stations but you get on and off where you want!

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 18:50

Patrice072LeMans wrote:Energy saving because 2 times fewer stops.
Economy of the number of trains, because they have an average speed 50% faster.

Animated half-train simulator

Well I admit even with the animation I always find it difficult to grasp the concept ...

To be more convincing, it would not be possible to add passengers to the simulator (simple pixels entering and leaving the trains) (which would have more or less random routes and volumes as in real ??) and to compare with half oars steps? 8)

I see that you have talents in programming ... it should be in your strings!
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/20, 19:07

If you could code something like that, I promise everyone would understand the value of your idea: new-transport / simulator-of-traffic-road-to-parameter-variable-t16309.html
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 14/02/20, 19:43

But, Patrice072, on this video, the head gear stops only once on 3 stations…
And for good reason, otherwise there would be telescoping… !!!

Well, I stop there, it is still one of these brilliant inventions with no great future, because incompatible with logic. There are so many...
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 14/02/20, 19:45

For the recovery of braking energy the problem is not technical but related to safety: if someone falls no question that a braking train sends juice on the rails.
Guys / girls who fall on the tracks in Paris, it's every day. The worst thing is to slide between the train and the platform. it hurts - not to mention the panic imagining the train set off again with the belly wedged between the scrap and the concrete.

If we want to recover energy, we must already put on the quay facades as on L-1 and L-13.

The idea that the metro does not stop at all stations seems good, but in fact at peak times there is a metro every 90 seconds to 3 minutes maximum depending on the lines. The busy lines are struggling to hold the 90 seconds due to the time to empty and fill the livestock (200+ people leaving and as many returning).
With trains that are ass to ass, the idea is not playable.

It is even worse with the RER A where the drivers disengage the signaling systems and come in almost contact with the front train still at the platform. it clogs at the entrance to the platforms.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 14/02/20, 20:36

ENERC wrote:The idea that the metro does not stop at all stations seems good, but in fact at peak times there is a metro every 90 seconds to 3 minutes maximum depending on the lines. The busy lines are struggling to hold the 90 seconds due to the time to empty and fill the livestock (200+ people leaving and as many returning).
With trains that are ass to ass, the idea is not playable.
It is even worse with the RER A where the drivers disengage the signaling systems and come in almost contact with the front train still at the platform. it clogs at the entrance to the platforms.

Ah, someone who doesn't play the electric train!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/02/20, 21:04

energy recovery under braking can be done in batteries if you do not want injector on the rails, but this point is only secondary,

Thanks to Patrice for his animation. : Idea:
https://www.econologie.com/file/transpo ... sur_2.html
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/02/20, 21:08

Remundo wrote:energy recovery under braking can be done in batteries if you do not want injector on the rails, but this point is only secondary,

Indeed, it is secondary!
The day we recover the energy during acceleration, there will be an insane leap forward.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 14/02/20, 21:13

Remundo wrote:energy recovery under braking can be done in batteries if you do not want to injector on the rails, but this point is only secondary, l

If it's one cycle per station, the batteries won't last very long.
0 x
Patrice072LeMans
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Patrice072LeMans » 14/02/20, 21:50

Let's take the example at station B:
Trains 1, 2, 3 all pass every 10 seconds.
10 s later, train 4 (BD) stops at the head of station B. Those who want to go to the station B or D go up for 20 s
10s later, train 5 (BC) stops behind station B.
Those who want to go to the resortGoatgo up for 20 s
10 s later, train 4 (BD) departs after a 20 s stop
10 s later, train 5 (BC) departs after a 20 s stop.
10 s later, the train (AB) stops at the head of station B. Those who want to go to the station A or B go up for 20 s

In all, it took 100 s for the 6 trainspass.
Another set of 6 trains can follow directly.
Subways, instead of going to 22 km/haverage circulate at 33 km/h in Paris
1 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."