400 Millions for automakers

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

400 Millions for automakers

by Christophe » 29/11/06, 14:36

During his monthly press conference, which took place on Wednesday in the premises of the equipment manufacturer Valeo in Bobigny, the Prime Minister thus announced at the same time a support plan for the automobile industry of 400 million euros out of three years...

(...)

The support plan for the automobile was expected, while the sector is experiencing multiple difficulties. According to Dominique de Villepin, the state will commit a total of 400 million euros for innovation and research in the automotive sector over three years (2006-2008). For its part, the Industrial Innovation Agency (AII) will release 120 million euros in 2007, which adds to the 120 million committed in 12006 to support Peugeot's hybrid diesel engine project. In addition, the ceiling of the research tax credit in favor of industry will be doubled in 2007 and will increase to 16 million euros per company.

The Prime Minister also promised 150 million euros over 3 years "to support 20.000 employees in the automotive sector" and allow them to "adapt to changes". He finally invited the automotive industry to negotiate by January 15 on a shortening of payment terms, failing which it could go through "the legislative route".

extracts http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/poli ... 067.FR.php

A few comments:

1) When we see how the state let Voxan sink (French motorbike in very great difficulty today), such a decision puts me out of my mind! : Evil:

2) Some figures now concerning the automotive industry business :

- According to the Committee of French Automobile Manufacturers, the turnover of the French automotive and equipment industries alone exceeded 120 billion euros in 2000 (the rail industry is pale with its billion and a half).

- By taking into account all trades relating to the automobile (from metalworking to insurer via the refiner and the motorway agent), we obtain approximately 3,15 million jobs in 2001, or 12% of the working population in France!

- Calculations by the French Federation of Automobile Clubs show that a motorist spends an average of € 6 per year.

- Compared to the 29 million cars registered, these € 6200 give € 180 billion, or 12% of French GDP ...

https://www.econologie.com/transports-et ... t-764.html

3) I have always heard (from various sources) that the cost price (all inclusive) of a car represented 16 to 18% of the sale price including tax. Yes, you read that right: about 1/6 ...

If kk1 (Bucheron for example? 8) ) could confirm or deny?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 400 Million for car manufacturers

by Woodcutter » 29/11/06, 15:00

Christophe wrote:[...] 3) I have always heard (from various sources) that the cost price (all inclusive) of a car represented 16 to 18% of the sale price including tax. Yes, you read that right: about 1/6 ...

If kk1 (Bucheron for example? 8) ) could confirm or deny?
It depends on which range ... The true cost of a car is not a reflection of its selling price, there is an "incompressible minimum" on which variables are actually added.

So on a Twingo certainly not, but on the high end it is possible since the discounts on destocking of unsold models at the end of life can reach 50% without the manufacturer losing it.

Otherwise, it's pretty shocking as news ... They haven't understood yet ... : Cry:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/06, 15:19

It's 16% on average I think ...

Bah even if it is 20 or 25% that leaves a very large margin to the shareholders ... and that is why the manufacturers manage to release a model every 18 to 24 months ...

Am mistaken?

ps: 50% on the Veyron it is possible you think? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 400 Million for car manufacturers

by bham » 29/11/06, 16:55

Christophe wrote:3) I have always heard (from various sources) that the cost price (all inclusive) of a car represented 16 to 18% of the sale price including tax. Yes, you read that right: about 1/6 ...

"All inclusive", you mean from the purchase of the sheet up to the reseller's salary, including the design and styling offices, so from the study to the sale via manufacturing ???? No, it's not possible, they are forced to fire because business is not working!
Well, well if that's true (I still find it hard to believe), I would still find it normal for the taxpayer to put his hand in the pocket to help them develop solutions that could have already been developed there. 'for a long time........... : Mrgreen: . Hmm, surtax, you said surcharge, hihihihihihihi ........... well yes what it will be used to design ch'tites cars all clean without damaging the interest of the shareholders. It's not beautiful! : Oops:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/06, 17:19

1) All inclusive is ALL inclusive ... even the amortization of assembly lines ...

2) I too had a hard time believing it but as Bucheron implies 16% it may be really for the top of the range (style cars at + 50 €) for classic vehicles is can be more than 000 or 20% ... In any case the precise answer interests me ...

3) As for the citizen who pays for the R&D ... pkoi not (but given the benefits of the constructor it is a bit of a mess) but frankly nothing will come out of these 400M € (we bet?) .. . or then 3 or 4 new protopipos ...

Raffarin had already released 100M € in 2004 for the "clean" car ... it would have been better to build Elephant Bleus ... there would have been more "clean cars" ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 29/11/06, 17:58

Christophe wrote:1) All inclusive is ALL inclusive ... even depreciation of assembly lines ...:
AIE Aie Aie!

Christophe wrote:2) I too had a hard time believing it but as Bucheron implies 16% it may be really for the top of the range (style cars at + 50 €) for classic vehicles is can be more than 000 or 20% ... In any case the precise answer interests me ......:
me too !

Christophe wrote: 3) .......... (but considering the builder's profits it's a bit of a joke) but frankly nothing will come out of these 400M € (we bet?) ... or so 3 or 4 new protopipos ...

Raffarin had already released 100M € in 2004 for the "clean" car ... it would have been better to build Elephant Bleus ... there would have been more "clean cars" ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

+2
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 29/11/06, 21:08

Christophe wrote:[...] ps: 50% on the Veyron it is possible you think? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
mmmh .... am not really sure there will be unsold ... : Cheesy:

Christophe wrote:1) All inclusive is ALL inclusive ... even the amortization of assembly lines ...
By cons, I think that are not at all included in this the network fees, related to the sale (and possibly after-sales service).

In addition, I read in a recent article, which spoke of the problem of pollution standards and their influence on the cost of cars, that the manufacturer's unit margin on a mid-range Diesel was approximately € 1000, and that this margin would be reduced by the new equipment required by the transition to Euro V then VI, the additional cost of which was estimated at € 377 then € 590 ...

Christophe wrote:3) As for the citizen who pays the R&D ... pkoi not (but given the benef of the constructor it is a bit of a joke) [...]
Do you have any figures on this?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/06, 00:56

Woodcutter wrote:By cons, I think that are not at all included in this the network fees, related to the sale (and possibly after-sales service).

+1

Woodcutter wrote:that the manufacturer's unit margin on a mid-range Diesel was approximately € 1000

Uh .... dealer margin you mean ... surely not the manufacturer ...

Christophe wrote:Do you have any figures on this?

Of course (but briefly considering the time): http://www.boursorama.com/profil/resume ... ole=1rPRNO

So look at the growth between 2001 and 2005 ...

Net income of 953 to 000 (these are thousands of € including more than 3 billion ...) On the other hand as soon as they lose 453% the State must come to their rescue ...

So supposing that Renault came 500 vehicles (Bucheron will find the exact figures for us) ... the margin per NET vehicle is therefore 000 / 3453 = € 000 ... But good Renault makes trucks too ... to do with the precise figures ...

Note: how did he pay in 2005 ... er ... less than 10% tax on the bottom line (so even less on the gross ...) ??? As the operating costs are already removed I have a hard time ...

Uh trick question: how the profit can be 3 times higher than the operating profit? : Cheesy: http://tectrad.com/translation-french-e ... fin-rs.htm
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 10:44

Christophe wrote:[...] So assuming that Renault has come 500 vehicles [..]
This is closer to 2 million than 500.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/06, 10:50

Woodcutter wrote:
Christophe wrote:[...] So assuming that Renault has come 500 vehicles [..]
This is closer to 2 million than 500.

Ah yes anyway ... but then it's for the whole world?

Do you have precise figures?
And for the other balance sheet questions? What do you think?
0 x