Europe will need 15 times more charging stations by 2030

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 15 times more charging stations will be needed in Europe by 2030

by Exnihiloest » 17/01/20, 17:02

It is useless to put limits if we do not increase the electric production for the massive transition from the automobile to the electric, since every winter, we are already on the verge of blackout. It is today that a few nuclear units must be built.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/20, 18:54

Exnihiloest wrote:It is useless to put limits if we do not increase the electric production for the massive transition from the automobile to the electric, since every winter, we are already on the verge of blackout. It is today that a few nuclear units must be built.

It is a solution (nuclear), but it turns out, given that the initial object study on charging stations concerns Europe, that I do not see many European countries rushing towards it. Even in the UK there are starting to be big doubts about the after Hinkley Point.
On the other hand, I think that the deployment of EV with batteries> = 50kWh is an excellent opportunity, today, to deploy today renewables that cost today cheaper per kWh produced than nuclear power today. Particularly due to the fact that you can potentially control anything (consumption, pricing, etc.) from a distance with a simple smartphone. You will have to be inventive, but there is no longer any real technical barrier.

Am I clear that I am not comparing nuclear power built in the 80s to PV or wind power built in the 2000s? And that I am interested in Europe, that the penetration of EV varies from country to country is nothing a priori abnormal?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/01/20, 18:55

Exnihiloest wrote:It is useless to put limits if we do not increase the electric production for the massive transition from the automobile to the electric, since every winter, we are already on the verge of blackout. It is today that a few nuclear units must be built.

No, energy must be saved by building passive, by renewing the heating park which only heats the street, by insulating "strainer" buildings, by turning off unnecessary light sources at night, etc., etc. Not by building ruinous time bombs over and over again.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/20, 19:06

GuyGadebois wrote:No, energy must be saved by building passive, by renewing the heating park which only heats the street, by insulating "strainer" buildings, by turning off unnecessary light sources at night, etc., etc.

It's not inconsistent, but that's not really the point : Lol: !
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/01/20, 19:08

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:No, energy must be saved by building passive, by renewing the heating park which only heats the street, by insulating "strainer" buildings, by turning off unnecessary light sources at night, etc., etc.

It's not inconsistent, but that's not really the point : Lol: !

Yes there will be more terminals, no there is no need to build nuclear power plants so as not to run out of electricity. It is a related subject.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/20, 19:58

GuyGadebois wrote:Yes there will be more terminals, no there is no need to build nuclear power plants so as not to run out of electricity. It is a related subject.

Due to the natural inertia of evolution of the various systems (housing, transport, industry, ....) it is certainly not necessary to close those which are existing either ..... at least not with forced march.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/01/20, 20:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:Yes there will be more terminals, no there is no need to build nuclear power plants so as not to run out of electricity. It is a related subject.

Due to the natural inertia of evolution of the various systems (housing, transport, industry, ....) it is certainly not necessary to close those which are existing either ..... at least not with forced march.

No need to have Bac + X to realize this.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/20, 16:46

sicetaitsimple wrote:In any case, the "public" recharging market is still far from being ripe!

After stopping "free" recharging at Tesla, now Ionity would increase its prices by a few hundred% for a "classic" recharge of a few tens of kWh on a vehicle equipped with a large battery, from a billing on time (8 € / h) to billing per kWh.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/ionit ... ra-rapide/

Ay !!! I finally saw my first Ionity terminals ... hey yes I don't travel a lot, it's good for my carbon footprint! : Cheesy:

Notice the little sticker: funded by funds from Europe ...

ionity.jpg
ionity.jpg (275.35 KiB) Viewed 2416 times

Gorging on subsidies then once the fleet is captive of profits afterwards ... in short, really order!

Note that they have it in the baba because no terminal, on the 20ains that I crossed, was used (unlike Tesla terminals ...)

I also saw a lot of terminals (already) HS ... (other than ionity)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/07/20, 17:41

In fact, the terminals we do not often see them occupied, because generally, we do not stay long at the terminals!

We charge mainly at home, quietly, with a cost of around € 2 to cover 100 km.

The terminals are especially useful when you make a long road.

The tariff that is quite often found on three-phase 22 kW terminals is of the order of 20 cts per kW, while the full price, gross at home, is of the order of 16 cts. You pay more, normal, we are doing you a service. Like at the bristot, when you take a half, you pay several times the price that comes back to you at home (I think this is an example that many understand !!! ImageImageImageImageImage).

22 kW AC terminals, you can get them for not very expensive, around 1000 € ... (400 € on ali for the house).

The terminals providing DC, there it is more the same story. It is more in the order of 4-5000 € for 20 kW.

So when you put a 100 kW terminal, you get 20-25 € for the cheapest terminals ....

These stations there are "at high speed of charge", we render you a great service, and this service is paid, which is normal.

Fortunately, you don't charge this type of terminal every day, it's useless, for short journeys (less than 300 km, roughly speaking, let's say, just to put a value, but it will depend on your car, etc).

To these charging station prices, you will have to add the "tips" that are going well.
So there, you begin to understand, that it costs well.
If you put pipes for 22AC, you will have to put buffer batteries, and it is still under ...

So much for most of the story. I speak knowingly, I only drive an EV, and with the car of "madam" about 25 km a year, and 000, with mine which has only 15 km of autonomy ... .

I forgot, it's not 15 times more terminals, but 100 times it will take!

You forget, that cities are devoid of charging stations for residents who cannot charge "at home".

There, no need for 22AC in sorting, just 220V sockets, to draw 2-3 kW at a time ....

There is only enough to charge in town, that the VE can impose itself in town.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 20/07/20, 18:32

Hi,

phil59 wrote:... you will have to add the "tips" that are going well.
So there, you begin to understand, that it costs well.

It is even the biggest file on a fast load installation !!!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."