Mercedes truck 508D in water doping

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
timeisat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Mercedes truck 508D in water doping

by timeisat » 27/02/11, 16:16

Hello everyone

Possesseur since 3 years of a 508D 3L8 mercedes and a team of a vortex since 2 years I finally launch on pantone with friends we will equip 5 truck all 80CH 4 2L4 and my truck 3L8.

we will put a GVI and reactors of

stainless steel tube 316 L 350mm diam 21,3 ep 2,6
stainless steel rod 316 L 150mm diam 15
stainless steel rod 316 diam 6mm for the antechamber of 100mm and 50mm of relaxation angular space of the reactor 1,1mm

What questions remains such as the utliter of the tank at a constant level.

Is a drop by drop enough (gardening or hospital type).

Can the vortex replace the venturi?

Regarding the arrival of air ?.
What is the best way to return hot or cold air to the reactor inlet? when is there any chance of getting air in at the entrance of the GVI?

Thank you for your answers
@ soon
0 x
Flytox

Re: 508D mercedes truck in water doping

by Flytox » 27/02/11, 19:55

Hello timeisat Welcome to the club

timeisat wrote:we will put a GVI and reactors of

stainless steel tube 316 L 350mm diam 21,3 ep 2,6
stainless steel rod 316 L 150mm diam 15
stainless steel rod 316 diam 6mm for the antechamber of 100mm and 50mm of relaxation angular space of the reactor 1,1mm

To go directly into the subject, the annular space is 0.55 mm radius ... it's not enough it seems to me, the ratings that work are usually between 0.8 and 1.5 mm. Your loss of charge will be much too big.

What questions remains such that the utliter of the tank at constant level .. Is that a drop by drop will be sufficient? (Type gardening or hospital)

You have the supporters and detractors of the constant level tank, for me it's a problem bag almost indem.dable to develop. By cons a drip system can work well.

Can the vortex replace the venturi?

No, it's not the same application, the vortex seeks to produce turbulence, the venturi is used to suck in the reactor. But we can perfectly fit both in series.

Regarding the arrival of air ?.
What is the best way to return hot or cold air to the reactor inlet?

You have to try what works best in your setup / mount, the 2 solutions can work.

when is there any chance of getting air in at the entrance of the GVI?

Give yourself the chance to try it, there are so many possible solutions ... that I would not pronounce a priori. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
timeisat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by timeisat » 28/02/11, 22:00

Hi Flytox

Thank you for the remark we bought the stainless steel today so

316 21.3 2 tube and 316 14 1 rod so we have an annular space of 6mm now and then XNUMXmm rod always made of stainless steel.

The tank has a constant level is dropped however we wonder how to manage the air / water ratio for water no problem a properly adjusted drip system that will arrive on the gvi and air a hose connect air filter to the drip pipe. But how to manage the airflow ???? if you have to adjust it ???

Regarding the venturi is this essential? on the spad plan and some editing I do not see any venturi ...

thanks to Flytox and other members of your answers thank you
@ soon
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/02/11, 23:36

There is no rule engraved in the marble for the diameter, length, material of the pipes, restrictions of passages on the different fluids etc ... but it is good to have adjustment to be able to look for the good configuration. For this, it is good that the air passages between the different organs are equipped with a place where you put a tap or orifice that makes jet. As you can vary the flows, the temperatures, ratio air vapor etc ... 8)

In the general rules, for the pipes must try to be short. (this is studied at length to optimize, to think about the slope, the dead volumes, the low points, possible purges etc ...)

Pipe diameters, too big it cools / condenses a lot, too small the flow may not follow with too great pressure drop.
For a steam pipe, unless there is a particular problem, you can aim between 10 and 16 mm.

For air you can aim from 8 to 18 mm and restrictions in 3 mm diameter.

For the venturi, this makes it possible to solve some pressure drop problems and to vary (reduce) the pressure in the reactor.
Sooner or later, if you want to improve your system you will try what it gives. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

timeisat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by timeisat » 01/03/11, 22:14

Good evening everyone

That's it action I have the stainless fittings I throw myself some little question my exhaust is 50mm diameter tube reactor 21mm.
Having passed my license Heavy truck recess the courses of méca still in mind ... the retarder al escaped .... should I that I enlarge the pot or not ??????? If not then c very simple level welding and gray matter if low I j expanded and go to a tube of 70mm to house the reactor you think what ????
Ah yes another question is what is the interest of bevelling the end of the rod of the reactor? Where can I do it?
And ditto thread the reactor tube to connect the 1 / 2 T's because it costs an arm die for only 2 threading ...

Thank you for your answers

xav
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/03/11, 22:15

timeisat wrote:That's it action I have the stainless fittings I throw myself some little question my exhaust is 50mm diameter tube reactor 21mm.
Having passed my license Heavy truck recess the courses of méca still in mind ... the retarder al escaped .... should I that I enlarge the pot or not ??????? If not then c very simple level welding and gray matter if low I j expanded and go to a tube of 70mm to house the reactor you think what ????
Ah yes another question is what is the interest of bevelling the end of the rod of the reactor? Where can I do it?
And ditto thread the reactor tube to connect the 1 / 2 T's because it costs an arm die for only 2 threading ...

Exhaust Retarder ?????

I'll say that shrinking the section of passage of the pot about 1 / 3 does not change much except near the full pot (but we will not, when we want to save!) : Mrgreen:

The shape of the rod outside the reduced play area does not change much to the music ....

For T, if you can avoid, avoid you will have less loss of load with softer forms.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

timeisat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

air intake??

by timeisat » 13/03/11, 21:30

good night everyone

Well it is the reactor is soldering the gvi also I am fed water and air.

Question I planned to do my air stitching just behind my gas stitching at the air intake. Would it be better for me to poke the air inlet to the air filter or it's the same? Because on the intake duct the motor sucks in the air of the filter of my air intake will not be one but a vacuum cleaner : Shock:
And since I made my mixture air / water from the gvi it ​​may suck the water drip direct ds air intake ... I hope to be quite explicit ....
What do you think about what Flytox thinks : Cheesy: because, fortunately, you're there to enlighten me, there are not many people on my post other than you.
please
@ + xav
0 x
Flytox

Re: air intake ??

by Flytox » 13/03/11, 23:43

timeisat wrote:Question I planned to do my air stitching just behind my gas stitching at the air intake. Would it be better for me to poke the air inlet to the air filter or it's the same? Because on the intake duct the motor sucks in the air of the filter of my air intake will not be one but a vacuum cleaner : Shock:
And since I made my mixture air / water from the gvi it ​​may suck the water drip direct ds air intake ... I hope to be quite explicit ....

To be really understood, you would have to go through the diagram box ... : Mrgreen:

For air that will enter the GVI you can take it closer to the GVI, so without going back to the air filter (far = loss of load up), but with at least a small local air filter a fence end / sieve at a minimum that avoids unpleasant surprises. You can use a car fuel filter as an air filter with inlet / outlet in 6 mm diameter. For use with air this brakes relatively little.
:P
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

timeisat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

photo

by timeisat » 15/03/11, 14:15

0 x
timeisat
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by timeisat » 15/03/11, 14:46

the air filter drift from a gasoline filter on a T between the GVI and the tank with drip Image and the reactor and its tube that did not want to be displayed all the time Image
0 x