Tranformer my safrane pantone

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 02/09/10, 16:40

Curious, the Safrane 2.2L of the job which drives a lot at 350 km with its original catalyst (in 000 years) and it has just passed the technical control for resale = ok ... according to the logbook where its noted all full, its average consumption is around 4 liters per 8.5, 100% use over long distances on motorways and expressways ... The owner being allergic to diesel, the car that replaces the Safrane is a C90 ... 5L 1.6hp petrol ...
When the catalyst melts, it is generally due to unburnt matter which overheats the catalyst: how much does it eat per 100 ta Safrane?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/09/10, 14:07

oiseautempete wrote:When the catalyst melts, it is generally due to unburnt matter which overheats the catalyst: how much does it eat per 100 ta Safrane?
The catalyst does not melt, the honeycomb that composes it is ceramic.
The entry of the partitions breaks and gradually blocks the honeycombs, which slows down the gases, and increases the temperature. On the first one that I disassembled, the metal casing of the catalyst had cracked in several places, generating gas leaks and noise.

My safrane is with LPG, I rather make short trips to go with the trailer to the landfill or family weekends at 70km. So I am always loaded (4 passengers + luggage and / or trailer). My consumption is around 12l / 100 of LPG but when driving calmly empty I go down to around 9 liters (this is rare).
This saffron (my 2nd and surely the last) is more gourmet than the previous one with automatic gearbox equipped with the same LPG kit, which I put together on this one when it had 100.000km (it soon has 210.000 km).
If this sedan offers good road performance, I find that it requires too much maintenance compared to the Volvo 850 GPL BVA that I had and from which I separated over 360.000 km without special repairs ...
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"