New for Echo Moteur²

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/04/08, 19:25

Mechanically, Cuicui, your proposal is very good.

But as I think they want to measure precise mechanical yields, this belt has an unknown yield (slip, twists ...) and it's annoying.

Whereas a direct coupling has in principle 100% efficiency.

I would advise them to take up your idea of ​​going through a standardized and greased chain which admits a slight lack of parallelism between the axes while having about 95% efficiency.

And above all I wish them good luck!
0 x
rec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rec » 15/04/08, 19:42

Remundo wrote:go through a standardized and greased chain!

What do you feel by standardized and greased chain?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/04/08, 19:45

Uh the coupling can be achieved by a flexible coupling it is even rather advised, a cardan can also be used.

I have to find the report of my promo buddy ... well go get it right away if you are wise!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/04/08, 19:55

Hi Rec,

I hear a standard chain greased according to the recommendations of the manufacturer who has made yield measurements under these precise conditions ...

But come to think of it, Christophe is (always ;-) right, you have to go through a double gimbal, it is the absolute weapon to connect in a constant velocity way 2 non-parallel and non-concurrent axes ..

rec wrote:
Remundo wrote:go through a standardized and greased chain!

What do you feel by standardized and greased chain?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/04/08, 20:17

Hiihhiih ay, I found the report ....

I will put it in DL tomorrow.

Here is the mating part (which also posed a lot of problem to my friend from what I remember ...)

1. Motor-brake coupling:

The coupling of the motor and the brake was already carried out using a simple cardan, however following a cardan break it had to be redesigned.

First of all, it was necessary to provide a safety cover, to avoid any projection of debris emanating from the test bench.

In addition, following several visits to General Motors and Alsia, we were able to observe different methods of engine suspension and brake coupling, so we can deduce the following comparison:

An important remark has been submitted by General Motors, which advises in the case of a cardan transmission to make it work with an angle of around 3 ° to guarantee its proper functioning.

It is therefore necessary in all cases to have recourse to a system for adjusting the position of the motor relative to the brake.

General remark: the more I (re) navigate in my training projects, the more I notice the huge mess that followed ... : Cry:

Here is one on the teleworkingthat I put online today
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/04/08, 20:24

Bonjour à tous
Remundo wrote:But come to think of it, Christophe is (always ;-) right, you have to go through a double gimbal, it is the absolute weapon to connect in a constant velocity way 2 non-parallel and non-concurrent axes ..

For small misalignments, when the coupling rotates quickly (> 3000 rpm) for sure that a steel sheet flextor does not have a better performance than the double cardan shaft. In any case, the double cardan shaft is not enough, it also requires a degree of freedom in the axial direction to compensate for the expansions and other movements induced by the variations in torque (such as a splined sleeve "without" radial play).

If the shaft rotates quickly it also needs a minimum of balancing (like the fixing bolts are the same length with the same nuts and washers to the nearest 1 / 10mm and not to the nearest mm and mounted in the flange of the tree with very little play ....)
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/04/08, 21:37

Precisely flytox, it is indeed a flector which is envisaged in case number 3 right?

ps: ihhihihi forever ... too bad it rarely happens : Cheesy:
0 x
rec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rec » 15/04/08, 22:05

I think in cases 1 and 3 the gimbals are in fact ball drives. Indeed, it is not recommended to have a perfect alignment with this kind of transmission.
The fact of shifting the motor by 3 ° relative to the brake allows the balls to circulate on their raceways and to distribute the wear.
In the case of perfect alignment, the balls do not move and always force them in the same place, which leads to premature wear of the parts.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/04/08, 22:11

Isn't that what we call the FLECTOR?
0 x
rec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rec » 15/04/08, 22:31

No, the FLECOR is a rubber piece which makes the connection between 2 rigid parts of the transmission.
It can possibly correct slight misalignments but are the main role is to dampen the torque variations.
What I was talking about was the BALL JOINT (which we call cardan in cars) which does not dampen the variations in torque but corrects misalignments.
0 x