Renault Super 5 doped water

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 26/04/07, 22:49

Yes there is a risk if I take the highway to go on vacation with.
But in reality this car is mainly intended to make short trips by rolling quiet.
I am waiting to see what will be full with normal use of the car, just to see if everything I did changed something.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/04/07, 23:20

Bonjour à tous

PITMIX wrote:I just watched the candles.
Comparison between a candle of my old engine and one of my new engine.

It seems too poor?
I think it's clean but not white and overheated.

To analyze the carburation with the color of the candles on a car engine, beware, we quickly plant.
If you have just done half an hour of city before stopping, if you dismantle the candle you will find it much darker but, we must not deduce that it is necessarily too rich.

As long as the car is 'adventured' in addition you have the oil lifts.

For the color, you clean the nickel candle you go back, try to do (50km?) In cruising speed (90 to 110 km / h) you stop quickly and you disassemble in stride (and without burning yourself if you arrived there). There, the color is more significant.

The problem is that often, even in 50km the color has changed so much that it is not very significant. (It works much better on a 2 engine time).

All this to say that when you change main jet you have to 'monitor' that you do not click etc ... on a normal engine.

You with steam this should push back the limit of rattling and allow you to walk poorer. In this configuration what should be the color of the candle? Is it still a 'good' indicator especially if the ingestion of steam cleans the high engine?

Econologiquementvôtre.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other

by Other » 29/04/07, 00:15

hi Pitmix

Even if you walked lightly rich the candles remain white with a panton. Before I walked with the Lambda probe is 14,7
the candles were white like milk now i'm walking even poorer she's white the same thing
Small note if you walk a little too poor it becomes less economical because to roll at the same speed you give more gas, Lambda on the probe I walk at 100 millivots normally it should be 450 millivots, so a slight depletion curve is in S when we arrive in the last curves some 10 millivots do a lot
At night I did not light my Fluck, I adjust until the engine weakens, then I enriched slightly to look for a little power that corresponds to my measured fit.
To walk on the simple body does not pose a problem
even if you hold it open all the time, you roll almost at the same speed except that it takes longer to climb but the mixture will remain economical
A lightly rich mixture gives more power to the engine
The carburettors those with simple body gave from 75% of power of mixtures slightly rich, mixtures said of power ..

Note your engine oil it stays yellow for a long time and
Even consomation will decrease ..
the interior of the exhaust becomes gray white

Andre
Last edited by Other the 29 / 04 / 07, 16: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/04/07, 12:51

Thank you for the information.
If the condemnation of the 2eme body does not pose a problem then there will be no risk of driving too poor because the jet of the first body is original.

I drove yesterday afternoon with 3 people on board and the power is sufficient by the Paris region. By cons the nozzle 105 is too small. It causes jerky operation of the engine at low speed.
It is true that the verification of the carburetion on mobylette 2temps was quick to make. On motor car I never got as beautiful chocolate colors as on my 103SP.
0 x
Other

by Other » 29/04/07, 16:22

Hello
I drove yesterday afternoon with 3 people on board and the power is sufficient by the Paris region. By cons the nozzle 105 is too small. It causes jerky operation of the engine at low speed.

It should be known that a motor has low load so low filling
poorly supports a so-called economic mixture,
a motor under heavy load supports a poor mixture the limit is the exhaust temperature,
On the savion we adjust the mixture just by examining the exhaust temperature, we will search the highest temperature then enriched to lower 50 degrees Farh
that's where the mix is ​​good

When you say low diet, what is it?
at very low idle speed see the small carburetor idle becomes effective, it is fully adjustable
do not forget that if your steam comes in under the carburetor at low speed, it comes in even more and it affects even more because the% of mixture that passes through the main carburettor is relatively vapor free.

In my injection system if I do driving city I must enrich a little
and the faster I roll, the poorer I can be.
but we must not look for the poor maximum, we must look for a poor mixture that allows you to have more torque,
By experience the gain is minimal if you impoverished too much, it is necessary that in driving you feel hardly that the engine has weakened compared to a mixture said of power ..

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/04/07, 20:44

I have no problem of engine power except by the condemnation of the second body.
The car is working properly on the highway.
It is simply in urban use that the engine is not pleasant to drive.
It makes jerks. With the nozzle 105 is very unpleasant, with the 107 thinner this phenomenon disappears except when I use steam.
Strangely today I went to Paris, to go the steam gave a very good operation as I felt the other day. In return not much and jerks rolling less than 50km / h.
I really think it comes from condensation.
As long as there is not all is well, but as soon as it is finished, nothing goes.
The steam arrives at the top of the carburetor.
There is the photo on the previous page.
In the end I think that a water supply solenoid valve should be shut off when the engine is cold and when it is running at slower speed. As for operation with the reactor connected directly to the intake manifold
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 22/05/07, 07:04

Hello
Small savings achieved through the replacement of the car box by the manual gearbox.
The car consumes 8,5 at 9L / 100km on a small urban route.
It's still too high but it's better than the 10L / 100km permanent with the box auto.
0 x
ioyo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ioyo » 22/05/07, 07:51

it is not yet ca, will have to pay me tip tip this car !! original she can do less than that! between 7 and 8 L maxi

it's the conso that I made at first rolling like a savage!

find an ultrasonic tank to clean your carb, you'll see, even if you think it's clean, the result is impressive. that's what made me win the most conso!

set your valve clearance at the mini of tolerances,

crush a little engine (long acceleration 3e is ideal), you probably too much city,

did you take the compressions recently? you must have in the 12bars ...

and of course candles, son and then air filter in good condition ...

what size of tires do you have? 145, 155, 165? it affects the conso too, as well as the pressure (you can over-inflate slightly)

Anyway the 1400cm3 is far from the ideal in the city ...

good luck...

one day, perhaps, she will consume less than mine ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/05/07, 12:05

Andre wrote:[...] maximum torque is 2400rpm on this engine without turbo with turbo I think it is higher.

Andre
No, usually the torque is lower on a TurboD than on an Atmo.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/05/07, 12:21

ioyo wrote:[...] as well as the pressure (you can over-inflate slightly) [..]
I confirm ! : Mrgreen:

With the XM, I drive a little above the recommended "highway" pressures and that's how I get the best fuel consumption (5,9 l / 100 most recently on a mixed route) ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."