Renault 21 doped water

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
loute
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loute » 06/10/08, 15:39

Hello everybody
Glad to see that there is a community of "experimenters".
I arrived on this site thread in needle and I apologize for the "digging" of subject that this causes.
My car is a R21 (manager) diesel and without turbo apparently so I took, before posting, the care of reading the whole topic here and go for a ride on the personal page of Cedar then on Quant 'man.
For all the questions, there are some questions:
How does a technical inspector react when he notices the "modification" (incorrect, "addition" would surely be more appropriate) on the engine? Do we have the right to do so under the law?
Why do we talk so little, I've seen some reports for a few years on the hertzian channels but nothing that exceeds the 3 minutes at the end of the newspaper? Why does the government seemingly so environmentally conscious (irony inside) do nothing to allow these changes? This would still reduce actual fuel consumption and pollutant emissions at lower costs.
Because a fuel economy, even 15% is interesting (especially since my car seems rather well adjusted because it oscillates between the 6 / 7l 100 and I do not roll like a brute), especially if the pollution that in this respect, the test of retro is rather conclusive, it only smokes when I push the engine or in case of cold external temperature (near 5 ° c).
Merci à vous
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 09/10/08, 20:58

Hi Loute
To answer your question, the government is not doing much to allow oil to be run on diesel vehicles ...
Regarding the technical control I passed my two modified cars without any problem.
The Golf had the mention "deteriorated exhaust" in the defect section without inspection. The remark was justified because I had isolated the reactor with rock wool and aluminum. The controller must have thought that this was the hazardous repair of a leak.
For the R5 the controller asked me "what is the thing welded on the exhaust?"
I replied: "it's a system to save fuel!"
He did not want to know more.
Just make sure it's clean and there is no escape leak, so the controller can do his job.
0 x
loute
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loute » 09/10/08, 23:05

PITMIX wrote:Hi Loute
To answer your question, the government is not doing much to allow oil to be run on diesel vehicles ...
Regarding the technical control I passed my two modified cars without any problem.
The Golf had the mention "deteriorated exhaust" in the defect section without inspection. The remark was justified because I had isolated the reactor with rock wool and aluminum. The controller must have thought that this was the hazardous repair of a leak.
For the R5 the controller asked me "what is the thing welded on the exhaust?"
I replied: "it's a system to save fuel!"
He did not want to know more.
Just make sure it's clean and there is no escape leak, so the controller can do his job.

Thank you PITMIX for your answer, actually, I posted this question just before reading the entirety of your (epic) subject 83 pages (!).
Anyway, if I put a "thing welded to the muffler or that blows bubbles" : Cheesy: it will be carefully considered and probably not put in place until next summer, after the technical control because I guess that all the technical controllers do not necessarily have the intelligence holds and even if mine seems to devote a real cult to the 21, I prefer to avoid.
In the same way my skills being limited, I have a mate mechanic who would be able floor with me on the project a little as André could help you.
Especially happy to have been able to find a site where people are a little more talkative about their edits, I think I'll take the time to reflect by starting by reading all the edits here (yep, I have a job ) because besides doing it efficiently, I hope to be able to make it "removable" quickly. In short, I have a job, all I hope is not to lose motivation along the way.
Good evening everyone, I'm leaving in my readings : Shock: : Cheesy:
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 11/10/08, 19:01

it will be carefully considered and probably not implemented until next summer, after the technical control because I guess that all the technical controllers do not necessarily have the intelligence of the holds and even if mine seems to devote a true cult to the 21, I prefer to avoid.

Hello loute
Do not worry about the intelligence of the controllers. I separated from my two cars. so I did the technical checks twice a bit more than 6 months apart and they saw different controllers each time, without any inconvenience.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/09, 10:22

I put the 3 videos available on this subject on youtube:

R21: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHOJVH8Kks

The 2 Pitmix pollution tests:

1ere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqnLf-WeoI
2ieme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HV0YbttJG4

It's more "nice" than DL links on forums.

It does not rejuvenate us all! : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 05/09/09, 11:55

Oh yes, it's great, it's frankly not set the car : Cheesy:

but what a contrast

It's just a bubbler?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Carnival DK
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Carnival DK » 05/09/09, 17:38

Good evening Christophe and Capt_Maloche,

very interesting the three videos but I'm not convinced that the vehicle is a r21 : Shock: but rather a golf bonjovi :frown: :?:
0 x
loute
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loute » 05/09/09, 18:21

Christophe wrote:I put the 3 videos available on this subject on youtube:

R21: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHOJVH8Kks

The 2 Pitmix pollution tests:

1ere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqnLf-WeoI
2ieme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HV0YbttJG4

It's more "nice" than DL links on forums.

It does not rejuvenate us all! : Cheesy:

: Arrow: Thank you for the videos, I had already seen the 2 Pitmix pollution tests but not that of the 21TD, the engine of mine seems relatively different but I guess it is transposable : Idea:

Carnaval DK wrote:
Carnaval DK wrote:Good evening Christophe and Capt_Maloche,

very interesting the three videos but I'm not convinced that the vehicle is a r21 : Shock: but rather a golf bonjovi :frown: :?:

Yes that's right.

The real problem is that I just got back to work and I don't have a single minute left to devote to the "project" which was not very advanced anyway, knowing in addition that when it comes to car mechanics , my IQ approaches that of a table : Lol:

On the other hand, despite its happy 434000 km, my 21 passed safely the technical control last August : Shock:I really thought I was going to have to scrap it and invest my money that I do not have in a new car. It is left for 2 years : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/09, 11:05

Carnaval DK wrote:Good evening Christophe and Capt_Maloche,

Yes I think I cheated ...

Pitmix worked on a Super 5: https://www.econologie.com/forums/renault-su ... t1110.html

So maybe it's a Super 5 instead?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/09, 11:30

Shit I have a doubt: on the 2nd video at 0:50 we see an inscription on the tailgate "Bon Jovi" so a priori it is indeed a Golf!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HV0YbttJG4

Well, I do not understand anything anymore ... how many Pitmix fixtures did he do? Maybe it's not his car? :?:

So I corrected the titles on youtube but R5, R21 or Golf ca does not change anything for the sake of the video!

But the Maloche TCB, white cloth test, in charge, is more significant because a diesel engine that is not in charge smokes very little (except cold as seen well in the video 1ere and then the water injection is very interesting).
0 x