Pantone Toyota Lite ace of diesel 1994

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: T ° air bullleur?

by Other » 26/05/11, 16:16

Hello
Bubul wrote:The temperature of the air entering the bubbler must be at the temperature of the water (90 °) or warmer?

For the moment I have made an air heating system with a copper coil placed in the water of the bubbler. I don't know if it's better than heating the air with a coil around the exhaust pipe ...

Keep it simple, focus on the reactor, do a neat job so you don't have to go back (the rest around is hardware that you can change improve without too much work, but that's where the good performance of the system depends .

Start by simply entering the air, taken directly under the hood, which is warmer than the ambient air
There will always be time to capture the air with a sheet metal around the exhaust pipe, later (although you will see that this does not improve the performance of the system much.)
Do not expect to have hot water at 90C with an LDR / water exchanger, this will be around 60 to 70 c (unless you have an exchanger with circulator, and again you will stay with a 10C less than the LDR.
Heating the intake air in summer? not necessary the passage in the water of the bubbler is sufficient.
the bubbler systematically cools the water in the tank (evaporation of the water) and the exchanger provides the missing heat.
the STEAM that passes through the reactor and into the engine, does not bring much (unless it undergoes a depression or cooling with the ambient air, before entering the reactor which transforms it into (cloud) or it looks like to the nebulizer product.
(this is why from one assembly to another notes as much difference in the consumption of water for similar yields, it is difficult to measure what proportion of vapor and droplets which pass into the system. )

I have an air heating system on my Chevrolet Lumina bubbler system. I use it only in winter in summer. I take ambient air directly under the hood.

On the 300D diesel in summer the air temperature at the outlet of the sprayer is around 30c to 35c, despite the fact that I spray warm water.

Andre
0 x
Flytox

Re: T ° air bullleur?

by Flytox » 26/05/11, 18:25

Bubul wrote:The temperature of the air entering the bubbler must be at the temperature of the water (90 °) or warmer?

For the moment I have made an air heating system with a copper coil placed in the water of the bubbler. I don't know if it's better than heating the air with a coil around the exhaust pipe ...

The problem with Pantone or Gillier Pantone is that a multitude of parameters are constantly changing with your approval or rather without your knowledge ... : Mrgreen: Chai not if it is better hotter or colder for the air which enters the bubbler, but with the air coil system, at least the temperature variations are small, it facilitates the development when something yoyote , you at least know that it does not come from there : Mrgreen:

It is a principle of development, if you can easily stabilize a parameter, must do it. After a certain number of tests you will be able to have an idea, if this parameter is influential or not.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Bubul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

bubbler

by Bubul » 27/05/11, 22:10

As promised here is the diagram and photos of the bubbler (finished today).

The scheme:

The coil to heat the air:

the heat exchanger:

The bubbler: (made with a small car fire extinguisher)
The temperature and water level sensor is not yet installed.

Open bubbler:
there is a seal at the unscrewed pipe.

The bubbler is waterproof and there are no holes in the heat exchanger (you never know when you weld on the electrode.)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/05/11, 09:34

wow, tight your coil, how did you do it?
0 x
Bubul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bubul » 28/05/11, 12:12

Janic wrote:wow, tight your coil, how did you do it?

I filled the tube with sand by closing the 2 ends (pinched) then I heated with a small butane torch.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/05/11, 13:22

even in the sand, i didn't think you could do that tight! On what diameter?
0 x
Bubul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bubul » 28/05/11, 13:28

Janic wrote:even in the sand, i didn't think you could do that tight! On what diameter?

With well packed sand it is possible and it works really well. Diameter 8
Last edited by Bubul the 28 / 05 / 11, 14: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/05/11, 13:42

thank you. It remains to be seen in operation!
0 x
alaniesse
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by alaniesse » 28/05/11, 17:57

Very nice technical work.
beautiful to put in the window for later.

for me, passage of very tortured air, so that must brake serious.
The bubbling function, the spirit of bubbling is occupied by lots of pipes .... we lose the spirit of bubbling.

old-fashioned pantone technique.

see the results now.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/05/11, 21:12

Good job Bubul 8)

Can you give us the diameter and volume of the fire extinguisher?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132