Pantone Toyota Lite ace of diesel 1994

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/05/11, 16:04

Bubul wrote:So I have to mount my reactor before the catalytic converter ...

Yes where the heat is more intense!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 20/05/11, 16:12

Alain G wrote:It seems to me that there is no lead in the catalyst
Yes, that's what I wrote: you don't need lead in the catalyst at all (and not only lead for that matter).

This is why I find it would be dangerous to put metal parts (of uncontrolled origin) in the immediate vicinity.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/05/11, 03:51

Hello

Do not mix a 100% pantone system and a water doping system
in a 100% pantone the reactor temperature is important and must be high.
In a water doping, no need to have 700c for this to be operational, there is a minimum temperature to have, for the amount of water and air that passes through the reactor, 300c are sufficient to make it operational.
Anyway I know of little diesel auto that the exhaust goes up to 500c, or it takes extraordinary load conditions like going up a mountain at full throttle.

Andre
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/05/11, 11:01

Andre wrote:Anyway I know of little diesel auto that the exhaust goes up to 500c, or it takes extraordinary load conditions like going up a mountain at full throttle.

Indeed, the foot practically at the bottom, in a rise at approximately 2500 rpm, the R19 Diesel makes in the 550 ° with the exhaust after a few seconds. (It was a test to see the reactor in "over temperature" : Mrgreen: The steam outlet temperature eventually soars> 200 °)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Bubul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bubul » 22/05/11, 13:07

I will receive my torch on Wednesday, so until Thursday the project will not go ahead.

Next photos: Thursday May 26
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/11, 14:02

Gaston wrote:This is why I find it would be dangerous to put metal parts (of uncontrolled origin) in the immediate vicinity.

Yes (although I have big doubts about the contamination of a catata just by metal-to-metal contact) but in the end we bury ourselves since an engine (well) doped with water pollutes much less: therefore in a pinch the cata would even be superfluous !! And Bam ! : Mrgreen:

Uh, but maybe I'll say something: a "3-way" catalytic converter (hum?) On a 1994 diesel that existed ????

a) it was not a FAP it is on
b) there is no CO and very few HC unburned on a diesel (excess of permanent air)
c) anti nox did not exist (and today, I don't even know if there is on new cars, there is Adblue antinox for trucks but on cars Nox depollution is managed by the EGR)

After checking, I think it's a 2 way: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_catalytique

Two-way catalyst (diesel engine) [edit]

Automobile catalysts sold in the years 1990-2000 aim to convert carbon monoxide (CO) and unburnt hydrocarbons (HC) to carbon dioxide (CO2) and water, while reducing the particle mass of diesel fuel. . They do not eliminate nitrogen oxides (NOx) or reduce the amount of particles emitted.

Yes except that CO and HC on a diesel are still very low! (compared to a gasoline)

Sorry for the "noise" :D

ps: interesting this passage http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_cataly ... .C3.A9_.3F

Health risks? [Edit]

Without denying the benefits of catalytic converters, there is a lack of toxicological and ecotoxicological data on the impact of metals lost by these pots in the environment, and particularly on the health and ecological effects of derivatives (especially oxides) and metabolites of these metals.
The metals of the Platinum group, when they are present in the suspended particles, are in fact not chemically neutral (which is why they make good catalysts), and in particular in the state of ultrafine particles (less than 1 μm) or nanoparticles when their catalytic effect is doped by a very increased contact surface with equal weight of material. Some of these metals are for these reasons used as an anticancer drug (for example for an oxidized form of platinum), but not without side effects, since it is the molecule which causes hair loss in certain chemotherapy and that it is potentially higher dose carcinogen.

(...)
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 22/05/11, 14:52

Hello,

For me when I see the hull it is a simple firewall, unless this vehicle was intended for the Swiss market at the time.
Anyway, looking inside you easily understand what it is and it doesn't change anything for your editing.

jlg
0 x
Other

by Other » 22/05/11, 19:23

Hello
Bubul wrote:I will receive my torch on Wednesday, so until Thursday the project will not go ahead.

Would it not have been easier to do the welding part by someone who has the welding equipment and experience than to buy all the welding equipment?
Because equipping yourself with an oxy-acetylene torch requires two bottles, either purchase if small or large, it is rented per bottle $ 80 annually, in addition to refills. (Not counting the chiar of fire insurance companies when you have an acetylene store in your garage.
Unless the use is used regularly it is interesting, but if you weld once every 6 months it is not long that a guy loses his hand, even if experienced.
Normally most welds can be done with a simple electric welding machine and stainlesse rod or MIG wire. Very few handymen have a TIG system which is ideal, but relatively easy to bring the exhaust pipe to an equipped welder , which does this in no time.

Andre
0 x
Bubul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bubul » 22/05/11, 21:11

Andre wrote:Hello
Bubul wrote:I will receive my torch on Wednesday, so until Thursday the project will not go ahead.

Would it not have been easier to do the welding part by someone who has the welding equipment and experience than to buy all the welding equipment?
Because equipping yourself with an oxy-acetylene torch requires two bottles, either purchase if small or large, it is rented per bottle $ 80 annually, in addition to refills. (Not counting the chiar of fire insurance companies when you have an acetylene store in your garage.
Unless the use is used regularly it is interesting, but if you weld once every 6 months it is not long that a guy loses his hand, even if experienced.
Normally most welds can be done with a simple electric welding machine and stainlesse rod or MIG wire. Very few handymen have a TIG system which is ideal, but relatively easy to bring the exhaust pipe to an equipped welder , which does this in no time.

Andre

I already have a welding machine and I've wanted to have some soldering gear for a long time. I do not buy an acetylene oxygen torch (too expensive for my needs) but an "only gas" torch:
http://www.onlygaz.com/pages/chalumeau.html
The price is interesting and it is much cheaper to consume than an oxy-acetylene torch (on the other hand one cannot weld with this type of device).
0 x
Bubul
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bubul » 23/05/11, 20:30

I dismantled the cover which prevented me from even seeing the interesting part of the exhaust line. Result: just after the collector I have a beautiful small piece of removable hose, perfect for welding my reactor!

following Friday.
0 x