Pantone and pure ethanol

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/10/10, 17:21

Hello

In an assembly where the fuel load will pass through a reactor
Pantone ... ?????? André help!

On the small 100% Pantone engine with a mini-carburetor it works well with ethanol. When we make trials by gradually increasing the proportion of water in ethanol, we notice that passing a strong% of water (I would have to dig into my notes, but it's around 40% of water the engine has difficulty giving its power and if we measure the proportions of fuel + pure ethanol, we consume more (the water just passes through the engine)
we realize that there is a ratio of water not to be exceeded, whether in 100% pantone or in water doping.
In the case of 100% Pantone (probably too large reactor cooling, exceeded 30% water)

In the case of water doping with a heated exhaust valve on a Chevrolet V6 injection petrol engine, I tested with ethanol water mixtures in winter to prevent it from freezing, cars stopped. Difficult to count the ethanol ratio with the residue in the bubbler the ethanol evaporates first, then the water. After tests and (imprecise measurements) I concluded that there was not much gain in filling the bubbler with pure ethanole, or diluted in the bubbler water, I prefer to keep it simple, walk only in water doping and provide a system that melts the ice block of the bubbler. the recipe is to not send too much steam into the engine. A downstream petrol engine has less water than a diesel.

On the Chevrolet when I walk with pure ethanol in the bubbler it is necessary to count the petrol consumed and the ethanol, even to adjust the ratios well on the poor engine injection, the results are less good than with water well dosed.
although I did not pursue the experiment in more depth, but not of good results, I do not encourage in this way.

Andre
0 x
tome
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tome » 29/10/10, 20:57

I found this old patent on quanthomme, it looks a bit like the Pantonne system (from afar ...) : Cheesy:

0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/10/10, 22:45

This arrangement leaves a little doubtful.
The methanolized water flow is much greater at idle than the rest of the time because of the situation of the outlet orifice close to the butterfly. (economy just on the slowdown? : Cry: )

It seems to me that the regulations prohibit heating the gasoline and there, even worse, the assembly heats a gasoline air mixture in the exhaust manifold! There is not even an anti return in the fuel circuit .... a real incendiary bomb in power! :| : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/10/10, 23:28

this assembly is carement wacky dangerous! bubbling air into a gas tank! go through an exhaust : Evil:

do not forget that the inpi does not verify that a patent is working! the inpi just checks that it is not already done! the wackier the patent, the easier it is to verify that it does not already exist! the inpi accepts all wacky patent deposits just pay!
0 x
enzo20134
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enzo20134 » 03/11/10, 18:38

Hi,

Thank you all for your responses !

I confirm that E100 ethanol contains on average 4% water.
And it is precisely this water that I want to use with the Pantone like that, no need to add a water tank, we already have everything we need on hand.

Does that clear up?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/11/10, 22:07

enzo20134 wrote:Hi,

Thank you all for your responses !

I confirm that E100 ethanol contains on average 4% water.
And it is precisely this water that I want to use with the Pantone like that, no need to add a water tank, we already have everything we need on hand.

Does that clear up?

To clarify, you should suggest a schematic diagram of what you want to do, we are talking in a vacuum there. : Cry:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132