Notice to directors; R4 gtl

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Toine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Notice to directors; R4 gtl

by Toine » 18/01/07, 17:09

Hello,

That's it, I think I'll soon launch into the realization of a reactor and all the tralala that goes with a R4 GTL engine.
I would have preferred to scan a diagram, but I have no scan.
I will proceed like this, knowing that I keep the arrival of gasoline in order to be able to roll cold:

1 ° Steam generator (+ air)> reactor> carburettor inlet (by gasoline nozzle).

2 ° Exhaust gas (filtered?) (+ Air)> carburettor inlet (at the level of the air filter).

3 ° Carb outlet> reactor (s) (as close as possible to the exhaust manifold)> intake manifold.

I want the heater for the 2 (or more) reactors to be large enough to expand the exhaust gases, and to supply the fuel with "air" even during acceleration (without a hole). It will be pierced so as to have an exchange with the outside air but minimal.
What worries me is the ignition of the exhaust gas at deceleration.

I am thinking of doing small 3 reactor for steam / esssence / air mixture (exhaust) and one for steam.

My questions are:

1. Will the carbide withstand the weather?

2. Is it possible to replace the (fresh) air from the nozzle with "reactivated" (and why not cooled) steam?

3. Are the exhaust fumes not likely to overcool the cold car?

4. Is there a way to easily adjust the richness of the fuel according to the efficiency of the reactor?

Thank you for letting me know what you think. All your reactions are welcome and if it's stupid, stop me right now, I'm not an engineer ... Thank you.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 18/01/07, 17:58

Hello
Do you have many hours in front of you these next months?

In your place to simplify the thing I will avoid recycling the exhaust gas and I will get the reactor outlet to the inlet of the air filter.
You can also install the reactor output under the carburetor, but I advise you to put a valve on the reactor outlet.
This one will have to be driven according to the accelerator.
Personally I installed the reactor output at the entrance of the air filter is simpler.
In this case it is necessary to adjust the richness by reducing the size of the main jet.
The ideal would be to install a lambda sensor on the exhaust to know what is the right setting to make.
To know that on essence the mixture must be slightly too poor to hope to obtain something correct.

Then very important thing you have to drive on relatively long journeys in order to be able to make measures of conso.
If you use your car on a small urban route the economy may be negligible.

good luck to you and let us know about your work I welcome with pleasure an experientateur on petrol car and more on 4L.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 18/01/07, 18:36

yes, you complicate the system !! it is never an advantage, unless you find a miraculous solution (we can revel), you may have a very specific idea? .The gas e, with the geet risk of getting scared provides extinguisher !! :!:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Toine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Toine » 18/01/07, 18:54

Hello,

Yeah, I'll have a lot of time the next few months ...
In fact, I have a motor available. I have to make a test bench. And here it is hot but I will try to motivate my paternal retiree to help his son unemployed. Riding it directly to my rodeo while using it may be hot.
The idea is to get rid of the valves by keeping the flaps of the carburetor.
And keep the original air / fuel mixture to start cold. I have to look at the exact operation of the carburetor.
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/01/07, 19:34

Hellour
I would not like to discourage you from the panton syteme, but especially not to encourage you in such a complex project that will consume all the energy of the retired father (I know I do this with my son it keeps me young) but for a first project you did not choose the right engine to do something that will ask you a lot of time and adjustment to focus. and that may have a poor result. (on petrol engine it is difficult even with the electronic injections)
Use rather a small diesel without turbo old generation if possible with a little space at the exit pipe escapement
on these engines the settings are more tolerant and the results are variable but palpable even with a reactor not too neat, simple, easy to build with the tools you have and the material you can get.

Made single-acting (On 3,8 liters monobloc gasoline rod of 12,7 mm length 200mm) the focus was fast-fired and I have not finished yet after 2 years yet I had some montages of fact before and some notions of the problems,
Come on forum there is always a good Samaritan to advise you
Search posts you will see the problem and the relentless and the patient of Pitmix on his Renault)

It is better to see simple montages that work than see guys write on the forum I tried it, it's not good it does not work, sometimes when I read a novelty on the forum before condemning I try and if I do not have a result that does not mean that it is not good, other more skilful make better montages.
obviously when the figures announced exceed all the physical laws one is not obliged to believe in it and often I say to myself it has to measure with a seal the quantities ..

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/01/07, 19:50

Attention Tone :!:
I think you're talking about the basic Pantone system we call 100% Pantone. It consists of passing gasoline vapor and water vapor into the reactor with a recycling of the exhaust. As on lawn mowers on the site Quant'homme.
We on our cars are doping with water.
This consists in passing only water vapor into the reactor in order to boost the mixture.
The car remains usable in this case.
On the other hand if you want to do a montage 100% it is something else.
In water doping as André said the simplest is to use a simple diesel engine with mechanical injection and the results are pretty easy to get it seems. On petrol engine it's more complicated as I explained it to you.
0 x