New Echo Motor 2 project, Mines de Douai

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/07, 12:01

xcom wrote:Then I will clarify a little my way of thinking ... I'm not sure we understand each other completely and I do not want to pollute (too much) the thread of the discussion :)

Can I return my answer in MP? Or do you prefer that I open a new thread?

No in public it's better :)

There is a specific topic of discussion here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/explicatio ... t2917.html
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 10/11/07, 17:09

Hi xcom,

I am the author of the V1. Not a chemist but a mechanical engineer.

I want you to explain to me the difference between OH- and OH radicals ...

thanks to you

PS: you master English, I have a glue for you in the following doc:

https://www.econologie.com/explication-i ... -3522.html

PS2: do you have access to a bank of 'official' chemistry publications to build a theoretical base that is less easy to sweep?
0 x
xcom
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by xcom » 10/11/07, 19:14

bob_isat wrote:Hi xcom,

I am the author of the V1. Not a chemist but a mechanical engineer.

I want you to explain to me the difference between OH- and OH radicals ...

thanks to you

PS: you master English, I have a glue for you in the following doc:

https://www.econologie.com/explication-i ... -3522.html

PS2: do you have access to a bank of 'official' chemistry publications to build a theoretical base that is less easy to sweep?

Good, quick, for the difference between HO- (ion) and HO. (radical) ... trying not to go into too much detail, say that in the HO- ion, all valence orbitals are full, which makes this species very stable (its last layer of electron is full so he's not going to try to take one electron to another and he's not going to be trying to give it either) even if it's loaded. All that will push an HO- to react is the net load that it carries ... so at best it will be attracted by positive or partially positive species (I simplify).

The radical HO, on the contrary, he misses an electron to have his last full layer ... so he will try absolutely to take one somewhere, or to bind with another radical. It is a species in extremely reactive, but neutral.

If you want more information on the radicals and ions, I can find you there (there are popularization sites very well done at this level).

For English, let's say I'm doing :)

For advertisers, the institution in which I work does not have sufficient budgets (it is horribly expensive scientific publications) ... but I can perhaps manage to get you some interesting papers (I check the vein and I give you news).

For what you offer me as an article, I take a look as soon as I have time. For the V1 explanation, I have already taken a look, but I have not yet been able to really look into it ... in fact, I stayed a little on the diagram ... the history of the poles, that bother a little. Then the annotation "endothermic reactor" next to "attention very hot", that disturbed me a little ... even if a priori, it is not incompatible. By the way, have you ever tried to insulate the reactor with glass wool to increase the temperature in it? Or even connected an extra? How much does the temperature of the exhaust gases rise? Anyway, I just looked at the diagram and I'm already asking myself a lot of questions, so before I go into the explanation, I'm going to need a little time :)
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 12/11/07, 21:59

Hello

thank you for the details on radicals and ions.

the exhaust gas goes up to about 600 °.

for the diagram on the first page, you're right: he fears.

But this is the original schema of Jean Louis Naudin, from where all went to France.

For the V2 doc, would someone have a nice scheme of water doping?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/07, 23:21

bob_isat wrote:For the V2 doc, would someone have a nice scheme of water doping?

No apart from the sketches by hand and the archi diagrams already seen I don't see but I can get started now that I have "mastered" DIA ...

What level of detail do you want? Schematic diagram or basic dimensioning? Answer by email or MP if possible otherwise I risk zapé the answer: /

For the radicals, Ex-Océano had written an article but it concerns the 100% pantone: https://www.econologie.com/reactions-rad ... -3325.html

ps: the exhaust gases rise a little more than 600 ° C (fully loaded, in the pot, we can tater the 800 ° C before, or without, turbo)
0 x
echo-moteur²
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by echo-moteur² » 29/11/07, 21:51

Hello everybody

In recent weeks, we have devoted ourselves to writing a "validation file", a phase necessary for the implementation of our project with regard to the school.

We can therefore devote ourselves to the realization of the system of doping with water.

In the next few days, we will be in possession of an old-generation atmospheric diesel engine. We are very close to acquiring one of the following two engines:
- Renault Supercinq 1.6D engine
- Ford Orion 1.8D engine

Our preliminary research leads us to opt for the realization of a Steam Generator.

The assembly carried out by the Association "La Pierre Angulaire" on the Citroën C15 D of the City of Vitry sur Orne could strongly influence our realization. We will therefore contact the members of this association tomorrow.

We will keep you informed.
0 x
echo-moteur²
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by echo-moteur² » 30/11/07, 13:31

Hello,

We contacted this morning with the association "Pierre angulaire" in order to obtain details concerning the sizing and the realization. Our interlocutor was very cooperative and offered us his help and his experience for the rest of the operations.

We will detail each track and each planned step in order to collect a maximum of remarks and possible advices.

See you soon

The Echo-Moteur² team
0 x
echo-moteur²
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by echo-moteur² » 05/12/07, 13:29

Hello,

Finally, we acquired a Peugeot 205 1.8d engine (XUD8). FYI, it is exactly the same engine that the Citroën C15 d of the City Council of Vitry sur Orne on which the Association La Pierre Angulaire http://lapierreangulaire.free.fr/ realized a water doping system with GV.

We are in contact with this association and we will, with its agreement, make a mounting as similar as possible to test it on test bench.

See you soon.

The Echo-Moteur² Team
0 x
echo-moteur²
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Setting up our website

by echo-moteur² » 16/01/08, 17:30

Hello,

The Echo-Moteur² team presents to all the members of the forum best wishes for the year 2008.

We post a message to inform you of the establishment of our website ...

At this address, you will be allowed to access the Echo-Engine project site of 2006 / 2007 and our own site for the Echo-Moteur² project.

The latter is still in progress and is updated regularly.

You can already give us your opinion to improve it.

See you soon.
0 x