4 KW generator set

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

4 KW generator set

by champ » 20/12/05, 22:56

Hello,

we just put a pantone on a gasoline group. we kept the carburetor and mounted the pantone on the intake pipe.

the goal is to do tests. The group is in good condition and running well.

There is a problem now that everything is up. When you run the engine on the carburetor it stalls very quickly a few seconds.

I think there was a problem of air intake and I played on the additional air valve that normally serves for the air control pantone but without much success.

in a bubbler I put pure gasoline to try to turn it just on the bubbler. It works a little longer but it stalled too.
In short not so good for now.

1 what can explain that the engine does not turn more on the carbu?

mounting:
the pantone enters through the intake pipe after the carburetor. There is an air inlet valve a little before the pipe, intended to make the mixture.
the reactor: length of the rod 200mm and 13mm of diameter. the tube is 15 mm in diameter. all in stainless steel.
two bubblers.

ps the photos arrive
0 x
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by champ » 13/01/06, 22:18

finally here are the pictures

We turned the engine into water doping without difficulty but we still need to do the consumption tests.

on the other hand we were not able to run the engine in pure pantone. He is probably choking on lack of air. We did not put an air valve at the entrance of the reactor should we put one?
Is it indispensable?

Overview

intake and exhaust outlet
intake and carburettor
the bubblers

0 x
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by champ » 21/01/06, 19:01

Hello,

we have added a valve at the entrance of the reactor but we still can not operate in pure pantone mode with gasoline engine stalls and it does not start whether it is cold or hot.

Any suggestion is welcome.
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 17/02/06, 00:18

slt

I'm doing a pantone on a generator too but am early.

after having redone the admission with the reactor, I had trouble reutiliser the original fuel. I have a much lower regime when I get to settle the case.

in fact I can make it turn that butterfly open a quarter maximum

it's normal (it's good that the engine does not have enough air)

I try to compensate for the lack of air by an air intake before reactor that's what I did too but it is almost useless.

the air passes by the easiest way so by the air intake, the depression falls in the carbu and ... more gasoline therefore stops.

it would be necessary to review the settings of the carbu and to put back a valve of fresh air (that which does not pass in the reactor).
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 17/02/06, 00:39

otherwise read the 1 code page quantom

http://quanthomme.free.fr/pantone/paged ... David1.htm
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/02/06, 00:49

Hello,
If you want to make a panton 100% it is necessary that the reactor aspire, either in a small carburetor nozzle of 4mm or in a small turbo clipper completely input clogged by a sheet drill with a hole of 3mm.
What passes into the reactor must be a very rich non-explosive mixture (too rich), the combustion air for the engine enters with the reactor outlet directly into the engine, with a control valve, It must be done a kind of Venturi for this intake air to make a suction with the gases that come out of the panton.
In a way it looks like a conventional carburetor venturi except that the fuel nozzle or nozzle is located, that's what comes out of the reactor, a fuel-rich gas.
The way to get up to speed. We start at low speed, we let heat a few minutes then we enriched the small carburettor (aim of wealth) then we can open the air valve until the engine runs poor. and we continue to enrich the small carburetor and readjust with the air valve,
the limit is when the air valve is open at the bottom, normally it turns as fast as the original carburetor.
Once the reactor is hot, try with 50% fuel oil mixture if it does not smoke and it is also powerful, go to 100% fuel oil, and if it rolls well, which is normally quite easy to operate, switched to oil and fuel mixtures.
With a carburettor you will be limited on the% of oil.
When you are gone, we will talk again about the march to 100% the oil.
The oil is better in a reactor provided you use a small model carburetor, or, a homemade, as mine the nozzle is 1 / 8 is 3,2mm diameter and oil comes with a tip bic, it is sufficient to power a large engine, just control the flow of oil.

Andre
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 17/02/06, 01:26

thank you for the information we feel that its bathed in oil on your side.

I recupe a trimmer carb for the mod but I already saw that there was no screw of wealth! so not terrible.

I think recup a carburet of mob more lilies Boiseaux.

otherwise do it myself thank you for the ratings.

my group is doing 146cm3

to start it now I do not demess the shoulder I injected a little butane and after the carbu arrives to work, but it is much too big and not enough rich.
0 x
erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

flexible connection pipe for 300 to 700 degrees

by erikotiti » 06/11/06, 21:29

Hello

I have vibration problems that break my connections
enter :
the exit of the gases from the reactor and the entry of the carburettor
and the exit of the engine exhaust at the reactor inlet

Do you know of flexible couplings that hold 300 to 700
degrees ?
And where can I get them knowing that the stores
do not have plumbing?

Thank you for your advice

erikotiti
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/11/06, 22:58

Hello
Copper is both flexible and very strong.
If the fittings break, it's because there are vibrations.
In this case it is necessary that you fix the reactor on the motor.
Otherwise try to find the cause of the vibration.
If the motor vibrates strongly and the reactor is fixed on a rigid support without any vibration it is the connections that take all the vibrations and eventually break.
In my job we use "anaconda" anti-vibratiles. These are flexible pipes, a sort of stainless steel accordion tube sheathed with a steel braid.

PS: the plumbing hoses do not withstand such temperatures the interior is rubber.
0 x
erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by erikotiti » 08/11/06, 22:02

hi PITMIX
can the "" anaconda "pipes be tightened with a collar
around the tubes. And where can we find them?
Thank you for your advice.
0 x