Mounting C25 D, your opinion ??

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
edutainment ozons
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mounting C25 D, your opinion ??

by edutainment ozons » 03/04/07, 22:03

Hi everybody,

We had envisaged the assembly of a pantone with Steam Generator (identical to Merco 240D by Didier) on a C25 Diesel. The problem is that the exhaust outlet of the C25 leaves little room for the correct installation of the reactor and the GV, so we thought to integrate the two on the same tube.

Here are the schemas of the project:

The 1 solution is simpler to realize but does having the copper reactor body pose a problem? Someone already tested? (I know that the copper core is not good but the body?)
Otherwise if you have any comments on the installation do not hesitate. Thank you in advance.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 03/04/07, 22:36

The idea seems good to me, it reminds me of my editing:

... with the difference that I tinkered with my mainsail "after the fact" by incorporating it into the reactor.

I do not know if the body of the reactor can be copper, I think I have seen in man.

I have doubts about the tightness of the 2nd "nested" mainsail assembly. I don't see how to weld at this level ... and the copper / stainless steel brazing all around the reactor tube seems fragile to me.

Finally, this is my first impression. Let's wait for the experts' opinion. André or zac should not delay 8)
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 03/04/07, 23:23

Hello

it's just my opinion, but it's a good editing

try quickly :P

bolt
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 04/04/07, 02:19

Hello
I would opt for the No2
Gv made of copper and steel or stainless steel rod reactor
Although copper reactor I have never tried, but copper rod yes dan sun 100% panton and it does not work well, why I do not know?

When it comes to brewing copper on steel it's easy
stainless steel it is necessary not to overheat the stainless steel and to hurry to brew on the stainless steel the copper absorbs more the heat, therefore to hold the flame on the copper and to make a strong brewing with oxy acetylene torches.

now all copper if you want to try the experience keep us current if it works or if it does not work, but it seems to me that Crispus has done this experience, he could tell us more ..
On a small petrol engine the copper reactor if it lacks water it may become tangent for the crystallization of metal, it rises more than 700c.

Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 04/04/07, 08:54

Hello

What is your c25 engine? 1.9l, 2.5l admo or 2.5l turbo?

I finished mine in 2.5l admo yesterday is the place we want.
if you want pictures send me a mel.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
edutainment ozons
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by edutainment ozons » 04/04/07, 10:10

Thank you all for your comments. We are still thinking about the final editing.
It is an 2,5L atmo, zac I sent you an email for photos.
0 x
OZONS Our studies on energy saving systems: http://ozons.eco.free.fr
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 04/04/07, 10:15

Hello,

Andre wrote:all copper if you want to try the experience keep us current if it works or if it does not work, but it seems to me that Crispus has done this experience, he could tell us more ..

No, my editing is not all copper, only the inside. The reactor tube is made of stainless steel. It seems to work for the driving sensation, for the conso I have not finished full.

I did not know that the copper / steel solder on the perimeter of the tube could hold: I thought the 2 metal expansion was different?

Otherwise, compared to the GV of Camel1, the heat exchange is done mainly by the outside (like my assembly by the way), it should be taken into account in the calculation of its length ... For my part I did with the existing, the length of the mainsail was "imposed". The amount of steam is probably a little low, but it's a "small" engine.
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 04/04/07, 12:47

Hi guys !

Welcome to the G + club!

I had a C25 d 2,5 l athmo, but a long time ago ...
I thought I remember a rather generous exhaust line and handy for a G + ...
Unfortunately, I do not have the RTA of this model, could you put a crobard of the geometry of this line, I am pretty much convinced that there is better to do (in terms of disposition) ...

Otherwise, I went to see your site, nice the test of the GV to the blaster, and highlighting the production of steam depending on the level!
I wanted to make a video of that for a long time, but not the time ... I think I would put a link at your home, at the next maj of my site ... : Cheesy:

Regarding the arrangement on a tube, as you show in your crobard, the idea is not bad, except that the GV has more than one wall in contact with GE, so you lose in reactivity.
The intake air inlet of the reactor must be larger than the steam inlet.
What you have to understand about the GV is that it must have its steam output higher than its water supply - in any case - (except if you make barrels ... : Lol: )
This goes from the vertical to a maximum angle of inclination taking into account a downhill run on a slope of say 30 °, which leaves a range of 40 / 45 ° up to 90 ° compared to the horizontal .

The placement in the exhaust line is not very critical, and even if the ideal is that the mainsail is "at the bottom" of the engine, this is not an absolute obligation ...
It can be removed from about thirty cm, provided that the steam hose is a little protected from cold (and again)

The bottom line is that the reactor outlet is the closest to the intake nozzle!

For the dimensions of the reactor, you are in the same class of cubic capacity as the merco, so you should take inspiration from its reactor (in the prechamber near ...)
If you deport the GV further down the line, you make room for the reactor ...

A + + +

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
edutainment ozons
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by edutainment ozons » 04/04/07, 14:36

We saw the zac assembly on C25 but with carb, we had rather left on a GV so the lack of space we were talking about is the place with non-horizontal tube.

For the inclination of the GV is precisely the problem we encounter with the C25. Basically here is the line:
We can integrate the reactor but no room for the GV (or lying down, not terrible), if it is placed above the reactor, no more return of the condensate in the GV, not great either. This is why we thought to reduce the length of the core (remaining slightly above 15 cm) and integrate the GV immediately behind.
For the thermal exchange it is true that the surface will be less important (just the outside) but the inside will still be in contact with the body of the reactor (or the same part in the 1 solution), so the temperature should be not enough?

On our site some gege30 plans to achieve the generation of steam electrically, it may be also a solution, especially to perform tests on different temperatures, I do not think it takes a big power to heat a few mm3 water.
0 x
OZONS Our studies on energy saving systems: http://ozons.eco.free.fr
zac

by zac » 04/04/07, 14:48

Hello

my kernel has to do 130mm and it has returned to the previous segment, that's why I have no problem of carbu protection.
look at the picture well I go through the escape, but I get in the axis taking advantage of the first elbow escape (the elbow on which is fixed the carb is external). it allows to make a pretty prechambre in a minimun of congestion
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.