Pantone engine on Citroën Xantia 1.9L TD

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 23/12/05, 10:23

Patrick,

I drink any info style because it looks like a doping water your mechanism ...
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 24/12/05, 10:58

Here are some info and measurements taken during a 300km highway trip at a speed between 110 and 160km / h (uh, no, it's not possible, I never go beyond the 130, I can not read the meter 8) ).

: Arrow: Conso d'eau: a little less than 1L / 100km, I reduced a little on the 2e part of the way to raise the temperatures.
: Arrow: Outside air temperature: evolved between -1 ° C and + 1 ° C.
: Arrow: conso de gasoil :? I am afraid of having consumed kif kif or a little less, but I could attribute it to the dense traffic at the beginning of the course or I rolled less (safety first).

The steam temperature at my measurement point (10cm before the relaxation in the venturi air filter):
: Arrow: to 110km / h: ~ 110 ° C
: Arrow: to 150km / h: ~ 140 ° C

I did not perceive a gain in torque and I feel that I could not observe a steady temperature until the ground and speed were stabilized. The increase in temperature of the steam in the strong climbs was measurable only ~ 30s after the beginning of the effort (that is probably my measure where it takes time to heat the copper tube for the thermometer show something.

In short, just like Pitmix or Andre, I have the impression that the editing did not bring gains, nor in couple, nor in conso.

At least he did not degrade either ...
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 24/12/05, 12:31

Hello,
Personally I left for the moment the venturi after the air filter. I also tried the check valve with counterweight.
In both cases, for that to aspire to asser, the idle was bad.
She was spinning like a potato and the pollution I do not even think about it.
The system exists for the LPG, but in this case the gas is pushed to idle and the regulator reacts to the slightest difference.
I came back to plug under the butterfly and I have a good depression. The depression decreases when I accelerate but it is still at the maximum of what I could have.
It's just the rendering of my case ....
The ideal would be a good venturi on admission, a good suction, that the idle turns well and an impeccable depollution .....
A + :?
0 x
Patrick Guidi
www.pfgtechnologie.be
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

there are boooo my micro reducers ...

by laurent.delaon » 31/12/05, 22:44

Hello
I am surprised at your temperature values ​​so high
normally your conso should increase I think ...
confirms stp ...

I have micro adjustable flow reducer brand Legris
(expensive and especially sold by 10) I'm ready to sell.
you can set less than 100ml / ha plus 2l / h and more (I have not tried)
an entry planned for rilsan diam ext 6
the other to be mounted in an 2 / 2 valve or adapter
(6 ext diam as it's standard ...)

laurent
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 02/01/06, 12:21

Laurent,

The indicated temperatures are measured on the copper tube which connects the reactor outlet to the venturi which injects this vapor into the air swallowed by the engine.

I put my probe at 10cm of relaxation. I would have liked to put it lower (output reactor) but too short cable.

Conso is the same, even a bit lower than I had 2 weeks ago. In no case was she superior.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 02/01/06, 21:24

About the location of the probe. You think it's better that she is at the ready of the output reactor?
Will it not be influenced by the heat of conductive exhaust?
Conversely near the intake although most of the time the intake pipes are reheated. My pipe between the intake and the reactor is only 30 max cm and I have a hard time knowing if I really measure the right temperature. Changing the sensor instead changes the temperature.
0 x
Other

by Other » 02/01/06, 23:07

Hello,
it is exact that you measure near the hot source (exit of the reactor) or close to the cold source (manifold admission)
there will be a differrence.
Similarly if you measure on the duct or in the duct with a probe it is still differrent.
Normally if you want to know exactly the temperature of the gases in an exhaust, it takes a clogged stainless steel tube, which goes in the middle of the pipe, the thermocouple and in contact with the end of this tube,
Now when you measure on the pipe directly it indicates less hot than the exhaust
Most aircraft are equipped in this way EGT one measures the exhaust gases to adjust the wealth of the engine at altitude
(The temperature goes up when it's too poor) It can go into the 780c at full power.
Since I put a bubbler, the reactor outlet temperature
is almost always stable around 140c, enough that I no longer look at this reference.
Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 03/01/06, 07:23

Thank you André for the theory but in practice or pose you?
In the middle on the length of your tube. That's what I did but how short it is ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 03/01/06, 16:06

Hello,
isolate your pipe, and weld the probe in the middle, the values ​​will be almost as accurate as in steam.

Do you have an idea of ​​the air temperature in the air filter (the air as the downstream engine)
My consumption water + alcohol is raised almost 2 liter to 100
as alcohol goes first, I do not know where I am with ratios, what I know in the morning is ice in the bubbler.

Andre
0 x
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent.delaon » 03/01/06, 19:06

hello Pitmix

I put my probe in the steam outlet pipes but 80cm of the bubbler. And the surprise ...
I advise you to put it in your air filter it must not ask a direct bp in the vapor stream as it will know what ...
The truth all the varite on the steam temperature !!!
And we can compare our measures that will be very constructive.
(Finally!).
I think that the other measurements are biaiasees by the conduction of the copper and one measures a part of the temperature of the gases (in my opinion ...)
if you could do a similar measurement to mine would be really very interesting .ca must be possible without problem from the photo I saw of your open air jar (the son of the probe can go through the joint without worries)

Laurent
0 x