Mercedes 300TD experimentation pantone

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 25/07/08, 15:16

Hello everyone.

Retry round trip Paris Auvergne but without water injector had seized it eventually withdraw with age.

Go 3h50 (385km) therefore faster than usual 9,18L / 100 km
Auvergne driving calm 8,32L / 100 km
Back (least loaded) so 3h45 faster 8,39L / 100 km

Conclusion:

1 °) Return (with less charge in general but not always) is still significantly more energy and I'm struggling to know why: the wind does not necessarily seem very favorable or very low slope, different fuel Auvergne ?!

2 °) The water injection does not much !!! Disillusionment!
It's almost better without water, but it is true that the weather conditions (wind, temperature) and some of the load are different.

I made the measurement of the temperature on a side tube (1 2 tubes of stainless steel reactors that are unused, clogged with rock wool) in turbo Release:

High: ° C 400 135 responsible km / h in long climb on highway
Average: 250 300 to 120 ° C to 135km / h on the flat
Low: 200 250 to C 90 120 in km / h on the flat

I think my steam generator placed further under the car should not be warm enough! Although I isolated.

I think changing the mounting and use 2 free side stainless steel tube side of the reactor to create a steam generator which will supply a volume of plenum above and then the reactor (which is at the center). I do not think find as warmer location without any redo the exhaust.

Michel
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 25/04/09, 15:28

Bonjour à tous

It's been long time since I had not done or measures used self.

I have everything dismantled (the water injector is totally out of order, flu) I put a direct line exhaust (stainless steel tube), plus any narrowing or tube or reactor or venturi or butterfly etc.

result:

the engine works better is finally more powerful you can feel the acceleration,
Consumption (one measure for the usual route) is not greater or less!

Go 8,65 L / 100 km (385 km highway and national) 4 hours, loaded vehicle (about 150 kg) and 2 people, weather: A bit of rain.

Back 8,36 L / 100 km 3h45 vehicle loaded very little and always 2, weather: dry.

I must say that my different arrangements are not economic!
This car is probably not the best vehicle for change: not enough permanent load, turbo which lose heat ...

I know that Andre with his former 300TD (123 series less powerful) manages to do much better but with a clamp. I wonder if it is reasonable for me, I lose much of the value of having a powerful vehicle ...
I should do it on a 250TD without turbo is much more biased load.

If I have time I try a simple well water injection to cool the compressed air from the turbo (no exchanger on this model) without stifling the engine through a reactor or another to see if it improves a little performance and pollution. Not too much water obviously do not create thermal shocks on valves etc.

Test good at all!

Michel
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 26/04/09, 04:37

Hello MichelM

the engine works better is finally more powerful you can feel the acceleration,
Consumption (one measure for the usual route) is not greater or less!

I know that Andre with his former 300TD (123 series less powerful) manages to do much better but with a clamp. I wonder if it is reasonable for me, I lose much of the value of having a powerful vehicle ...

What I noticed in the exhaust clamp power loss occurs only at high rate and the exhaust temperature increases.
A clamping admission provides a good loss the accelleration on the Turbo 300, in fact it is the turbo that is slow to send the pressure on the diaphram of the injection pump, even as you put the pedal that does not mean send diesel
I put a check valve on the turbo air line going on the injection pump with a small reserve, the vehicle has become more cooperative.

The admission restriction, the least I needed when I was walking with a carburetor water, but need more injection

Actuellemnt some little problem with my engine, antifreeze drop somewhere I supose that it is the water pump, Hard to see? if I place the cap of vase first check any expansion into the orde ..

For doping water 48350km this is what I do with. Lately my consumption went up 8,70 9,5 liters and now the same figures as yet without reactor last November I managed to 5, 9litres 100km measured in precise
Also a lack of power rating, as I was accustomed
After making several changes, no improvement, I returned to the old water carburettor, the same thing.
I was about to dismantle the reactor,
To finally find out that the reactor is completely blocked by the (limestone?), I had the air pressure to unlock, I prepared a sytem for a flushage with a pump and radiator cleaning liquid.
I'll install a small plug entered the depression of the reactor for internal circulation verrifier ocasionellement

What amazes me that on the forum those who have longer experience with water doping have not been aware of these problems? I think that the amount of vinegar in the water is not enough to prevent fouling, or it will have to work only rainwater ..

Andre
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 26/04/09, 11:26

Hello Andrew and thank you for your quick response.

I have not found limestone deposit by against the injector was completely seized up, unable to move the needle.

It is not so simple to keep a water system operational for a long time (several years), in the water carburetor the aluminum with other metals were decomposing, deposits are formed in the stagnant water (if one does not run not often), green "algae" can form in the filter and the tank!
As against the brass gear pump (Conrad) was resilient.

I worked only with distilled water or non-hard water.

On motorcycle (Voxan) is the cold rolling which froze the filter and pump!

For 300TD I think I had a bit of black soot deposits in the exhaust and the reactor tubes (outside).
Pollution measures (technical controls) have never improved.

For others who are testing I believe that many give up, I had a contact at the beginning of another with a turbo 300TD (124 series) I have had no news I suppose it does not worked ...

Michel
0 x
Neofreespirit
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Neofreespirit » 11/11/10, 12:51

Hello,

I contact you because I want to install the G + (water vapor) in my car test: 1.9 1991L 300L BX that has experienced more than 000km XNUMXkm.
And I would like to install it with a person (or persons) who have experience and also with equipment for welding / brazing I do not have. (For now)

I do not know yet soldered or welded (except steel pates) and I would do it as soon as I leave before the end of the year in Portugal trodden for the first test :). Otherwise 2011-January at the latest ...

I'm moving to the place of assembly, available and very motivated. I bring most of the stainless steel parts, copper and other (almost all).

Is this new collective adventure would please someone (a few)?

If you do not want and / or can not, can you pass my details to your knowledge that would be up for this experience please.

Otherwise contact me anytime.

Thank you for your attention and understanding

See you soon maybe
Georges
0 x