300D Mercedes turbodiesel with water doping

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

300D Mercedes turbodiesel with water doping

by Other » 12/05/12, 04:47

Hello
Mercedes serie 123 300D turbo diesel engine 5 cylinders 3litres 1984 automatic transmission of very rustic mechanics rather heavy indirect injection often works to frying oil suf when I make trips 280 test has 300km to have the measurement precision.

Following a problem of demister, I file the exhaust pipe which also cracked and corroded under the insulation, I deposited the system to rebuild it and examine the rod poses rune another stainless steel rod of a differrent alloy

The long rod 150mm I made 12268 km with then I replace it with a shorter 100mm with the short I made 84097 km and consumed on average 1, 2 liter of water at 100km
the vehicle currently has 414015 km.
Its best consumption was 5,9 liters at 100 when driving at 100kmh, 105 kmh, although it is often found in 6,2 at 6,7 liters at 100km.
For the stem, it has a matte finish and if we look at the magnifying glass it all tingled with tiny dotted black dotted lengthwise, there is also a long helical on the short while on the long which has to walk only 12 268 km the trace of the helicopter is rather regular and with a step which corresponds to the radius of the rod this propeller is more apparrente at the output reacteur hot part.
These rods when I put them on it smooth and shiny polished finish.
When we talk about break-in it's more when the stem has a blasted appearance, the body of the reactor remains smooth but not bright rather matt at the stem, but before and beyond the stem a thin layer of limestone.
After many tries it is not favorable to overheat the air at the entrance of the reactor just around 25 35C, it gives good results must try to maintain the haze.

I can not explain why the rod is subjected to this abrasion and stitching, this rod is not insulated a central axis is welded directly to the body of the reactor to prevent vibration and wear in the reactor.
When I worked at the steelworks I brought a rod to the metallurgical laboratory and I had few explanations, he simply called it pickink but without knowing the origin of this abrassion

Some pictures

0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/05/12, 06:18

Bravo
It's a beautiful montage. Very pro.
Beautiful silver welds. It shows :P
All integrated beautifully.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
alaniesse
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by alaniesse » 12/05/12, 08:45

Nice work André.
It should be a misting electic fogger, for 5 direct micron.
I agree with the temperature, I mist cool and it works very well.
when the temperature is hot, the summer, the afternoon, the system works less well

for the core of the reactor, I think the "worn", "shot-peened" shape is the "run-in" shape, that's how it should be.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/05/12, 12:07

Hello André

Savante integration of the organs .... 8) 8)

Not sure I understood all the subtleties. : Cry:
Correct me where it's wrong : Mrgreen:

- There is a washer tank containing the water to be consumed, with an integrated pump which feeds a "mower" tank itself transformed into a constant "electric" level. This in turn should trigger the water tank pump when the level is too low. (effect of communicating vessels between the mower tank and bubbler / heater).

- Downstream of the mower tank, the water passes through a filter and arrives at the top of the bubbler / heater (vertically welded tube). The whole is heated directly by the pot.

- The steam comes out from the top of the bubbler / heater, arrives at a "T" for mixing with air (downstream of the turbo and a solenoid valve?).

- Not understood the connections to the reactor and the admission (turbo entry?) Which are not visible!?
: Cry: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other

by Other » 13/05/12, 05:15

Hello

Some photos and explanations

First version 2005

second version 2005 the third version 2012 just change of rod length and different material

Reactor tube assembly

Drilling the exhaust pipe

100mm rod diameter not magnetic

150mm stainless steel magnetic stirring rod
Reactor output coming in front of the turbo in a wind

Venturi
wind in the hose

Manufacture of thermocouples

Thermocuople TIG welded

For Flytox
There is no real bubbler water is sprayed like a low-pressure spray gun with turbo air, the big drops inevitably hit the bottom of the dry chamber in the exhaust and break into fine drops that goes back passing through a copper tube (cooled) in the outside air, enters the reactor.
There is a certain subtlety in the mode of spraying, ie making an emulsion air / water to make a mist or cloud

For Alaniesse
Yes the electric piezo fogger makes the right fog for the reactor, that's why I made my first experiments at the beginning 2000 on panton fuel (which is very differrent of the water doping)
the main drawback is that it takes clean quality treated water and that it takes several heads to spend 1litres of water in one hour don t chch r r o em emoten to make c enuage without the disadvantages and also have an average automatically regulates the flow, water with engine stopping and diet (depression) admission
the bubbler, even if it is too hot, or water in evaporation, it suffices to adapt a good duct, either in depression or slightly cool, to bring the vapor in mist just before entering the reactor.
I use the pressure of the turbo I make an automatic regulation with the load and a slight delay the heat takes a certain time to penetrate in the tube reactor
Also with cold de-air the atomizing air is easy to cut off as the reactor is not hot and if it is easy to cut the atomization to let the air pass into the reactor.
In a long descent even if the engine is running fast, the turbo is not pressure, so no water.
This makes it possible to test any kind of ferruginous water, alkaline acid, even oxygenated water, or that contains sediments (distilled or deionized water is not the best in a water doping.)

Andre
0 x
Other

by Other » 13/05/12, 06:11

Hello

Today I had the opportunity to have a microscope that magnified 100x that allowed me to examine the stem.
it looks like asphalt pavement full of small cruvettes with bright gold and silver dots in the black craters as burnt.
The next test I submit to you a piece of rod even polished material has spark spark ignition auto and verrify under the microscope if the cratere are similar?

Andre
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 13/05/12, 06:40

Hello André

The bar in question is stainless steel?
The colors can come from an annealing.
As on iron / hardened steel, to make it go blue (spring blade)
see yellow and even rainbow.
Different soaking colors.
In addition it is your radius that:
http://jean-paul.gauche.pagesperso-oran ... chniq.html

The yellow color would be your bar which reached on a stable duration 210 ° / 220 °

If I'm not mistaken, annealing is when you pretend to remove the soaking without heating enough to get to soak. Increasing the t ° very gradually and descending it very slowly to avoid re-dipping in the air.

This is the technique for repairing pendulum springs that are broken at the ends.
Steel being brittle (blue). It must be made flexible again (yellow).
To redo the snap hook. Without yielding between yellow and blue.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
alaniesse
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by alaniesse » 13/05/12, 11:03

Yes André, I'm stuck with my system. as I use electric foggers, I can only take pure water for doping.

for the reaction of the reactor (in order to obtain a reaction of super reactor), I need carbon, gasoline or alcohol) gives me this carbon, which seems to me necessary to a reaction of change of the Molecule of water in something related to the hydrogen.

the bar for me is purple, or gray, when it works well.
(in the case of mixing water / petrol or water / alcohol), for engines that only work that.

For me, what you do André is doping, since the majority of what the engine consumes comes from fuel, water is more and allows a decline in consumption.

what you do is excellent, and serves as a reference.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/05/12, 12:59

Ouuups, the message has vanished : Cry: :frown:

With this additional information, it is clearly clearer André.
Well thought, integrated the thing ... 8) 8)

Do you need all this volume / length for the vertical tube that receives air and water?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other

by Other » 13/05/12, 15:39

Hello

Plasmanu

I would not want to mislead you, the small stainless steel rod represented on the picture and new it just received the TIG welding 6 centering points and retained axis, the yellow color is due to the welding, I polished it, then installed in the 2005 reactor and never returned to see, then I took it out in 2012 and replaced it with a big 150mm.
In a diesel auto low charge water doping the temperature is too low to stain the rod.

Alianese
despite the apparent similarity between a full panton and water doping it much differrence just the rod and reactor that have a semblance
the inlet and outlet tempers are different from the volume of gas that passes into the reactor too.
I use a fairly high proportion of alcohol with water during the cold period although on a diesel it is necessary to pay attention to the risk of embalming of the engine (I have not stripped on the admission) the results have not been noticeable on a diesel between single water, or 50% alcohol / water.

Flytox
the long tube is a question of convenience for access to the reactor inlet which is stuck behind the air filter.
In summary you put a reactor that you know functional and you adapt any kind of method for the entry, carburettor, bubbler injection, fogger, wet felt, ect, easily interchangeable even in the course of a trip. because it is at this level that improvements are made.

the entry is a pipe sleeve 3 / 4 pipe so just screw the accesseoirs in this sleeve, in the beginning I tried a whole range of small carburetor 3,2mm 8mm nozzles nozzle different flow for the water, tubes emulsions differrent differrent height hole ect .. the carburettor requires a good vacuum input which limits the size of the nozzle small wind and also requires a constant level (small reservoir) the injection is less critical on the level small tank but at high speed (+ turbo pressure) it tends to push large droplets, I balanced all the system for driving around 100kmh ..

Andre
0 x