Mercedes 240 D from Didier

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 31/03/07, 02:03

Hi everybody !

I saw Mathieu this afternoon, and I had some clarifications concerning the signal presented on page 7 of the pdf (the inductive sensor).

This signal is in fact an average over 40 seconds of sampling, which therefore gives the spectral distribution linked to the passage of the teeth of the crown, and to the top turn of the magnet.

The range 0 - 3000 Hz corresponds to the signature of the magnet, as well as the peak around 5500 Hz (harmonic).

The range above 7000 Hz corresponds to the passage of the teeth.

The difference in spectral distribution over this range without / with pantone indicates that the crown undergoes different accelerations / decelerations depending on the case.

Mathieu confirmed to me that this difference deserved a more detailed analysis ... ditto for the peak around 11 kHz, which is strongly attenuated with pantone ...

For the rest, it has been pretty busy elsewhere lately, but he confirmed to me to continue the analysis of acquisitions from next week.
There will be, at my request, a complement with the latest acquisitions made with pantone without steam. We will thus have the possibility of crossing them with the first without pantone, and thus see the disturbances brought by the proto in the exhaust line, and their repercussions on the overall behavior of the engine ...

Here it goes slowly :D

See you soon !

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...