Mercedes 240 D from Didier

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: First results ...

by bolt » 11/03/07, 21:37

camel1 wrote:I just (re) take a look at your xls, very interesting, but I think I saw a mega ball in the calculation of special consos. who jumped at me because I had to calculate it myself ...
This is column I, on the 1 sheet. We have the formula I = G / 0,845
: Shock:

I think it should have entered I = G * 0,845 (the good formula is also noted in the line 22: = l / ch.hx 0,845 !!!)

Otherwise, it would mean that the GO has a density of 1,183 ....

hello camel1
Well, at least you did not pretend to look
so I corrected (in red)
in fact, to have it in gr / ch.h is
(L / ch.h) x 845 = gr / ch.h

(multiplied by 0,845 it would be Kg / ch.h)

camel1 wrote:I did not peel the whole document, but I think it might affect the generated graphics ...

it does not change anything for the graphics since it has been tested in volume (volumetric flow meter), it is not a mass flowmeter with ultra precise coriolis effect used to develop the engines of Formula 1

I only put L / ch.h or L / h in the charts
In fact the table above is the first draft that I made to test the pose of formulas in excel, because not used, just to make the hand (now it goes a little better)

The most annoying thing is to put several curves in the same graph (it's better for comparisons)

The most telling to compare with other engines is the graph with specific consumptions: the lowest indicates the best performance

But the graph with hourly consumption saw me compared to zero load consumption

camel1 wrote:Great job anyway, and in light of what we have just experienced, hat! You must have sucked hat circles to do these tests!

One test only 100 full load power in 100 rpm is sloppy in 10 minutes
The same with the consumption L / h cons: we must stabilize what we see on the digital display L / h before trying the next scheme (it is that takes time)

But the worst is the partial charges, as I already explained

and that's important for pantone testing because in my opinion, max power with a pantone can never give the percentage of power gain (for the same full load rate) as the best decrease in consumption generated by a pantone:

example: the tractor N ° 22 before pantone made 95 ch for 21 L / h of GO is 21 / 95 = 0,221 L / ch.h (to compare with my charts or table to be located in this conso)

In the best of its form, the N ° 22 is 125 ch for 5 L / h of GO is 5 / 125 = 0,04 L / ch.h

However, we know that at full load its injection pump can charge 21 L / h
The 125 ch do well 30 ch more than this same pantone front tractor at full charge, but these 125 ch are not the full load power of the pantoned engine because only 5L / h (full load injection pump divided by 4,2)

If it had the same yield (0,04 L / ch.h) at full load, it would make 21 / 0,04 = 525 ch

If it were possible, there would be no need to put this tractor with a lot of test equipment to try to find somebody looking difference

As it is probably not the case (525), for me it is imperative to try in addition to full load, partial loads

See the news about quanthomme with the tests of 2 full-load bench tractors, then the road tests (at the bottom of this page):
http://quanthomme.free.fr/qhsuite/pmcpresse.htm

But it's a shame that the one in my painting did not give anything in favor of the pantone, I tried to highlight it, : Cry: , I did not understand, cold weather :?: (5 ° C)

camel1, you at least you saw something, as much on the road as at the bench, and homemade DIY, still bravo

bolt
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/03/07, 01:32

Hello,
I wonder if it would not be easier to borrow a generator as we put on the tractor PTO and we connect it after a wheel of the car it would make a test bench
the only inconvenient would be the differential that would at least work its satelitts would work hard and the wheel would turn the double ..

But I think it is necessary to paufiner to the maximum on the road at constant speed then to set foot on a bench because a bench it does not belong to us and the one who does the tests is the boss.

The problem of measurements on the bench is like the engine of planes
1 tests full throttle and the engine is progressively crushed and the curve is normally made when it becomes too far below the torque the load is stopped so as not to wear the engine in mechanical friction (against reaction of the piston)
the other test is a small propeller that forces the engine gives a curve closer to real life but it is still far from reality.
the other test that of the real life on the plane the propeller advances with the plane The load is heavier when the plane does not advance and it more tender when the plane advances and it hardens when it reaches the maximum speed.
On a flat road it is the same thing strong load has accelleration decrease towards the economic speed maximum torque engine, then increased load at full speed.

When analyzing a consomation on a vehicle you just have to look at the size of the engine you have to look how many KW it takes to train this vehicle to 110kmh
This is also why the differrence on 240 D and 300D from the same diesel era is not great at equal speed

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 13/03/07, 07:01

Hi guys
Is it possible to create a post specifically for the explanation of the manufacture of a bench. Like the one you use Andrew for your 100% engine.
Then you could give your opinion to explain improvements.
Thank you because it interests me enormously.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/07, 23:52

PITMIX wrote:Hi guys
Is it possible to create a post specifically for the explanation of the manufacture of a bench. Like the one you use Andrew for your 100% engine.
Then you could give your opinion to explain improvements.
Thank you because it interests me enormously.

Toutafé agree but I think a summary doc should come from what Camel told me ...

It would be all the more interesting to create this specific topic during the writing of this doc.

I'm good or not? :?:
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 14/03/07, 06:19

Well, anyway, you're good for me : Cheesy:
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 22/03/07, 00:17

Hi guys !

I made a CR on my website manips 7, with the pdf that Mathieu sent me for vibration analysis ....

It's here :

http://reaction.directe1.free.fr/Merco220D/200307.html

Happy reading, and sweet dreams ...

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
Other

by Other » 22/03/07, 03:31

Hello

You have just proved on the bench what I feel when rolling
contrary to what some say the receiver still works when there is no more water. (It is true that the air is dry here)
Whenever the little jet that spews in the spray chamber gets clogged even partially, I glimpse rolling, I get in a motorway exit and I made myself a fine stainless steel spindle that I spend in the jet, now I walk with rainwater filtered in a paper and in addition I put a fuel filter on the water line.
Because when you do a precise test if on 200km it ran out of water progressively during 50km it fake everything.
I noticed that preheating the water becomes more subject to clog even if it is rainwater. (he makes himself a glue guy)
I've just seen your numbers, the specific consumption is better at 2330 rpm than 3000 rpm and in my case I do all my tests at 3000 rpm it gives approximately the speed of the traffic is 100 110km
But these figures confirm that the engine has its best consumption at its maximum torque for an atmospheric engine while on a Turbo these values ​​are slightly higher than the maximum torque of the engine.

Andre
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 22/03/07, 22:27

Hi Andrew!

Andre wrote:Hello

You have just proved on the bench what I feel when rolling
contrary to what some say the receiver still works when there is no more water.

I think that the idea of ​​the "afterglow" of the operation of the reactor actually comes, when the engine is old, and after a few thousand km with pantone, cleaning the segments, one of the virtues of water vapor.
This has an effect on the compressions, so the driving sensations.
It fades with time.

In the case of the merco, the engine is so "ventured" that the on / off switch is particularly contrasted, and immediately ...

Andre wrote:I've just seen your numbers, the specific consumption is better at 2330 rpm than 3000 rpm and in my case I do all my tests at 3000 rpm it gives approximately the speed of the traffic is 100 110km
But these figures confirm that the engine has its best consumption at its maximum torque for an atmospheric engine while on a Turbo these values ​​are slightly higher than the maximum torque of the engine.

Andre

According to the power curves, the optimum is 2400 rpm, so not far from 2330 test (by the way, for Christophe, I could not do the test at 2200 rpm, as you had asked me. ..the next shot, promised! : Mrgreen: )

Otherwise, did you see the change in the spectrum of piston knocking, in Mathieu's pdf? : Cheesy:
Another confirmation of an (auditory) sensation we had, concerning the motor noise ...

A + + +

Michel
0 x
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent.delaon » 22/03/07, 22:48

Good evening friends,

Camel1 can you ask Mathieu to check well if he did not invert the data measures "with pantone" and "without pantone" in his analysis?
some things do not seem logical to me ...

thanks.
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 23/03/07, 10:46

laurent.delaon wrote:Good evening friends,

Camel1 can you ask Mathieu to check well if he did not invert the data measures "with pantone" and "without pantone" in his analysis?
some things do not seem logical to me ...

thanks.

Before asking anything of Mathieu, I'm already going to ask you to learn to read, do you believe so much that you systematically question what does not correspond to what you expect, without ever handing you in question ?

You have to learn to read, because I've already asked you not to pollute my subjects, will I have to use the mods to banish you from forum pantone? : Evil:

When are you going to finally CREATE a subject on which you can freely give us your science, and give us many details and records of your "experiences"?

While waiting for this blessed day, I repeat: break from there! : Evil:
0 x