Install Pantone on a gasoline Renault18 8 horses

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
brahimour
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brahimour » 27/01/14, 21:38

Flytox wrote:
+ 1; The video shows a young Moroccan demonstration using Pantone 100% and especially not something functional in time. It does not absorb power (so it is absolutely not significant) and mixing the fuel and water in the same vessel is a bullshit even if the original drawing by Paul Pantone. : Mrgreen:

Gasoline begins to evaporate well before water when hot exhaust gases blow into the tank. So the lighter fractions of the gasoline first evaporate quickly, then the heavier and heavier fractions until there is a "thing" that looks a bit like oil at the bottom of the gasoline. tank ... or there is a lot more water in proportion than at the start of the experiment ... and this "residue" is not combustible in a gasoline engine. The engine stalls well before having swallowed its entire tank. : Mrgreen:

M Flytox Yes, what you say is really logical ...
* Around the HYPNOW thing is that he will not have to worry if I replace the plastic container by a large ??
a garage advise me to install a device that allows the car to consume Butane gas instead of gasoline, because it is much cheaper to roll around € 4 450 kms of ... is it good solution?
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 27/01/14, 21:47

Yes it is a very good solution and the economy will be more important. Nothing prevents installing a HYPNOW kit or equivalent plus the gpl.
The price of the transformation is not the same but it's much better.
0 x
brahimour
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brahimour » 27/01/14, 22:23

PITMIX wrote:Yes it is a very good solution and the economy will be more important. Nothing prevents installing a HYPNOW kit or equivalent plus the gpl.
The price of the transformation is not the same but it's much better.

then you recommend using cooking gas?
you mean by gpl ??
Here the transformation price is approximately € 1000 be 100DH
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 27/01/14, 22:32

I thought LPG Petroleum Gas Liquify kit. Available in petrol station in France. I did not think gas for cooking but can be in Morocco is like that. Seen here with your mechanic transformation is € 1500. Very often performed on petrol cars that consume a lot. If you have information on the transformation that offers your mechanic tells us because it is very boring.
0 x
brahimour
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brahimour » 27/01/14, 23:02

Ok PITMIX, yes yes it's really sure, Here in Morocco there are several "thieves of place" = taxis not authorized by the state especially those who carry the villagers have original gasoline cars "because they are cheaper "but which replaces gasoline by a bottle of cooking gas that you put in the trunk
and it's not just the villagers taxis, it's also the farmers who draw water from the wells use the gas cylinders
that I meet someone I'll take montage of photos and show you
because right now I am a teacher in a village, and I have not the chance to go to the nearest town
in general ; there is something with a button that changes between the choice of gas or gasoline
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 28/01/14, 07:23

I guess it's the same facility as home, but just suitable for propane or butane. Here are the forklifts palettes that work well.
You should know that gas consumption is higher than that of gasoline, but as the price of gas is cheaper, you're winning. Regarding HYPNOW you can not replace the tank without taking any precautions. This is a bubbler. It takes an air inlet, a dip tube with small holes and an outlet in the upper part which retrieves the moist air. This is not a simple container. If the gas installation is possible for you do not hesitate.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/01/14, 08:15

The LPG Liquefied Gas becalmed is a mixture (about 50 / 50) Butane and Propane.
2 the gases are mixed because in France, propane gas could freeze if the temperature drops too.
therefore added Butane (which is more expensive) for this purpose.

LPG bears this name because this gas is transformed into liquid when it is compressed to a few bars, which makes it possible to store 210 liters of "gaseous" gas in the volume of one liter of liquid gas.

You should know that the gasoline engine is not optimized to consume LPG, causing overconsumption of 15 20% for gas compared to Esence.

In France, LPG is used for cars and for heating of houses can be tank team (buried or laid on the ground outside the house). The price of LPG is about the same at the station for home (important supplier of profits). It is sold by the liter at the fuel station and sold per kg tank of the house (about 580kg / 1000 liters).

By cons, in France, the gas sold in bottle 13kg is very expensive. So some fill their bottle of Butane in the LPG pump despite prohibition signs displayed on the pumps, the economy exceeds 40% ...

I'm curious to see the pictures you'll send us. : Arrowl:
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 28/01/14, 13:54

What makes me crazy is the impossibility of registering a vehicle equipped with diesel lpg in France. The day Drire make this possible we will come out of any current diesel. This will offer a great alternative for people who have a diesel and do not have the means to change it, but want to make a move against the fine particle pollution.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/01/14, 23:51

citro wrote:The LPG Liquefied Gas becalmed is a mixture (about 50 / 50) Butane and Propane.
2 the gases are mixed because in France, propane gas could freeze if the temperature drops too.
A careful reader noted my mistake. :?

This is indeed the Butane that freezes the first. Propane is used for the Butane does not freeze. This is why always placed the bottles Butane inside while allowed Propane bottles outside the house.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/01/14, 08:13

Hi citro
Ultimately I think it is because of the pressure relationship / temperature and butane boiling point which is of the order of -1 ° c or 0 ° C while the propane is -42 ° C. So when it's cold kind -5 ° c butane remains liquid and the regulator is not because there is not enough pressure in the bottle. Butane is at the same pressure upstream and downstream of the pressure regulator. Propane when it -5 ° c outside is under strong pressure in the bottle because it soon after -42 ° C so the pressure regulator is properly since propane asks only pass in gaseous form. The regulator can only work if there a certain delta P between the bottle and the atmo pressure. To image we must think of the pressure cooker and the rotary valve.
0 x