Steam injection into an engine

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
fred777
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Steam injection into an engine

by fred777 » 29/05/08, 17:10

Hello

I am looking seriously at this subject that I have been following from a distance since its birth.

I have read some experiences seen some realizations, I try to synthesize it all ... hard hard:)

You will correct if I am wrong

I have retained that in general the injection of water without a reactor increases performance and that the reactor does not always have the same efficiency depending on the temperature of the gases and therefore the efforts required.

I understood (?) That too high a temperature seems to adversely affect the reaction in the reactor.

I understand (?) That the problems seem to come from the control of the temperature of the inlet and outlet steam.

My questions :

I have a steam plant that I would use to feed the reactor and thus perfectly manage the temperature and vaporization at the inlet of the reactor (pressure, temperature and shape of the cloud).

The choice of metal and the shape of the core seem to me to be crucial.

I do not want to put the reactor in the exhaust duct as this is anti-mechanical ... but would divert part of the gases in a parallel duct (insulated) attached to the manifold. Adding a control valve can be considered. But I would like to know if the temperature reached by the exhaust gases is so necessary ... reading the various posts I find it difficult to get a clear idea on the subject. Other heating means that are easier to control can be considered.

waiting for your reactions

good crafts!
0 x
strongly the horse
Flytox

Re: Injecting steam into an engine

by Flytox » 29/05/08, 22:15

Hello Fred777
I have retained that in general the injection of water without a reactor increases performance and that the reactor does not always have the same efficiency depending on the temperature of the gases and therefore the efforts required.

The injection of water or steam, the place of injection, the injection conditions (pressure temperature), the "fineness" of the steam, the presence or not of the reactor, etc., many parameters play on the result, it is indeed difficult to generalize. :frown:

The engines seem to work all the better when they are loaded, I don't remember having read a counter example.

I understood (?) That too high a temperature seems to adversely affect the reaction in the reactor.

Too high temperature of which parameter and where?

I understand (?) That the problems seem to come from the control of the temperature of the inlet and outlet steam.

Among others

I have a steam plant that I would use to feed the reactor and thus perfectly manage the temperature and vaporization at the inlet of the reactor (pressure, temperature and shape of the cloud).

What is the heating energy of your steam plant?

The pipes must be kept as short as possible .... after that, I will be less categorical on everything else.

I do not want to put the reactor in the exhaust duct as this is anti-mechanical ... but would divert part of the gases in a parallel duct (insulated) attached to the manifold. Adding a control valve can be considered. But I would like to know if the temperature reached by the exhaust gases is so necessary ... reading the various posts I find it difficult to get a clear idea on the subject. Other heating means that are easier to control can be considered.

Other free (energy) and efficient heating means .... it will be difficult to find .....: Cheesy:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
fred777
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fred777 » 29/05/08, 22:54

there are a lot of reviews and I have a hard time digesting everything in one afternoon

I understood (?) That too high a temperature of the steam at the inlet of the reactor and at the outlet seems to harm the reaction in the reactor or afterwards in the combustion chamber ???

my steam plant is of course electric but I was wondering if I could not use it heated via the cooling circuit in order to better control the inlet steam at the reactor inlet.

The main question is to know if the temperature reached by the exhaust gases is so necessary for the reactor, we must have 300 to 500 ° but is it really necessary? not controlling this temperature can produce effects that are contrary to the proper functioning of the reactor, such as when water is put in a pan that is too hot, the water no longer vaporizes but droplets form and slide on the metal. (I no longer know the name of this phenomenon). I am going to look in my archives I no longer remember the critical temperature.

[/ Quote]
0 x
strongly the horse
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/05/08, 23:18

Re Hello Fred777
fred777 wrote:my steam plant is of course electric but I was wondering if I could not use it heated via the cooling circuit in order to better control the inlet steam at the reactor inlet.

We can imagine lots of steam generation / regulation solutions, if you use the coolant it vaguely resembles a bubbler ..... try your idea, you can put a photo so that we can better understand ...

The main question is to know if the temperature reached by the exhaust gases is so necessary for the reactor, we must have 300 to 500 ° but is it really necessary? not controlling this temperature can produce effects that are contrary to the proper functioning of the reactor, such as when water is put in a pan that is too hot, the water no longer vaporizes but droplets form and slide on the metal. (I no longer know the name of this phenomenon). I am going to look in my archives I no longer remember the critical temperature.

Precisely, these droplets which run on a "too" hot surface may be necessary for proper operation. The problem is that we do not have "visual" access to the interior of the reactor when it is operating to see what is happening there, if these droplets actually exist, how they move, their size, concentration etc. ... : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/05/08, 23:46

Hello

Too low temperature can adversely affect the operation of the reactor a high temperature is desirable

the inlet of the reactor must not be at 100c or dry steam certain works with cold steam foggers

It is not the reactor outlet temperature that determines the efficiency, the outlet temperature is only used to assess the situation between dry or submerged rod

In my case I would rather speak of rum, not just steam.

The choice of metal and the design of the reactor is not the essential element for a good operation.

What is to be monitored is a minimum of heat and a dosage of the humid air entering the reactor.

Andre
0 x
fred777
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fred777 » 29/05/08, 23:55

not found what I was looking for, from memory this phenomenon is not appreciated in the field of steam engines or turbines because it cannot be controlled and we no longer have the homogeneous characteristics of steam ... are these droplets interesting in the part of a:

Saturated steam or wet steam (Steam containing or carrying a large amount of suspended water particles (incomplete boiling))

or this famous phase which sometimes happens after the stage of

Superheated steam (Steam at a temperature above saturation temperature (dry steam). The temperature of superheated steam is not a function of its pressure.)

In the first case I will say yes that would explain the performance gains of people who just use a bubbler.

In the second case, I have doubts, especially since in most of the data I have on turbines and steam engines the temperatures do not exceed 300 ° (I want other figures!)

And considering that in any case we are very far from 1000 ° for cracking (is it? It's late and I have to sleep on all that!) ... : Mrgreen:

For the photos I want to do well but it will just be the power station not modified because still in original condition, the interest compared to the bubbler is to have a reserve of steam ready and to regulate the pressure at the inlet of the reactor. Data that I have not yet seen on the net.
0 x
strongly the horse
fred777
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fred777 » 30/05/08, 00:16

thank you andré I did not see your answer

you said :

"It is not the reactor outlet temperature that determines the efficiency, the outlet temperature is only used to assess the situation between dry or submerged rod

In my case I would rather speak of humid air not just steam. "

alros at the exit ru reactor, according to what I just posted, you would rather say wet or dry steam?

for metal I read that the high carbon content would favor a possible reaction (magnetic, chemical?) because apart from reducing the passage (hence the importance of the shape) take the first reinforcing bar came seems quite hazardous to me ... even if I agree that the steam remains predominant

go to sleep and wispy dream
0 x
strongly the horse